Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    I love all of the assumption that "Discussing the features on a non-Blizzard fan site will melt the hearts of the Ebeneezers at Blizz HQ and get them to change the character designs".

    Call me a pessimist, but I am more of a realist. The REALIST in me says they are done modifying character models and are only slow rolling their release to help build anticipation for the launch. The only "CHANGES" that will happen between the time they announced WoD and the time they launch WoD will be fixing some of the Beta Bugs. Plain and simple.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Son, don't take the bait.
    You are, indeed, the wiser.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrouded View Post
    Pffft. The OP didn't "cry rivers". The most valuable feedback - both for players and for Blizzard - is always the negative feedback, as long as it's expressed constructively. If you want to help Blizzard improve the game, the best thing you can do is dig out the things you're unhappy about and tell them why you're unhappy (and hopefully offer a better solution!).

    This thread hasn't even hit the second page yet, so that's one thing. Look at all the other threads, or even the replies on the news posts. There are quite a lot of people whining about it. I find that there is a huge border between offering feedback and going worgen female beta mode ( "omg furry candy! Looks like a total fox! This model sucks so badly!") on it. I've seen quite a lot do the latter, and given that people here are basically saying that it's totally logical and reasonable to "tell Blizzard what you think about it now!", I stand by what I've said.
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Well it's good to see the keyboard activists in full effect. Doing the laziest, most asinine thing they could think of off the top of their heads and calling it justice while making no difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by C9H20
    Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

  4. #24
    The only real differences I see with the current orc faces are wrinkles, eyebrow tilt, and some sort of red colouring on the face. The mouth shape, head shape, ears, etc. don't change at all. I think the downfall of the male orc is that they don't have lips... Maybe when we get to see character creation for human, belf, etc.. there might be more noticeable differences with differently positioned/shaped lips and lipstick.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Aven Ballantyne View Post
    The only real differences I see with the current orc faces are wrinkles, eyebrow tilt, and some sort of red colouring on the face. The mouth shape, head shape, ears, etc. don't change at all. I think the downfall of the male orc is that they don't have lips... Maybe when we get to see character creation for human, belf, etc.. there might be more noticeable differences with differently positioned/shaped lips and lipstick.
    Head shape has always been constant. The most you'd occasionally get is one head with the mouth slightly more open. So have ears, as far as I know. Wrinkles, brow, and other cosmetic differences have always been the limit of how the faces changed. The only reason it's more noticeable now is because the poly count is higher, so everything's smoother baseline.

    3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    Yea because the best way to get them to change something is to complain AFTER it's done. I haven't seen the female worgens fixed yet.
    Not like complaining on MMO-C would come to Blizzard's attention or solve anything. Take it to them directly... oh wait, they'd only tell you it's work in progress and only an update, not a total rework of the models. So yeah, it's kinda pointless to complain about it anyway.
    There are too many design flaws in your game. As a result, your customers' game experience may be degraded. Fire or replace the failing developers if you don't want to see this message again.

  7. #27
    Meh, faces never really looked different to begin with, so I didn't expect much tbh.

    Also, as long as people are following the rules of the forum, they can complain about anything at anytime they feel to do so. Deal with it. Telling people not to complain, when people complain about every single facet of life, is idiotic.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by The Kao View Post
    Take it to them directly... oh wait, they'd only tell you it's work in progress
    How can you be so sure? Blizzard has already said that Orc Male is pretty much done.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Kao View Post
    only an update, not a total rework of the models
    You say that it's only an update when in fact it is a total rework that tries to stay true to the originals.

    The new faces are already there and they are nothing like they used to be.


    The differences are way too small

    Obviously this time you can't just change the texture to change for example the mouth but that's no excuse for them to be totally different from the originals.

    If you keep saying "they are not done yet no need to give feedback" then when they will be done it's going to be too late.
    Last edited by Gons; 2014-03-06 at 06:27 PM.

  9. #29
    Geeze you guys can be crazy. OP had reasonable and constructive feedback and the Blizzard defense force jumps down his throat within seconds

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Kozar927 View Post
    Geeze you guys can be crazy. OP had reasonable and constructive feedback and the Blizzard defense force jumps down his throat within seconds

    Yup, because calling people name and acting as if they are ridiculous (expressing your shock and disturbed awe!) is a lot more easier than forming a valid counter-argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Well it's good to see the keyboard activists in full effect. Doing the laziest, most asinine thing they could think of off the top of their heads and calling it justice while making no difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by C9H20
    Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    How about they finish all of the models first and release the expansion before we start complaining?
    Because it's good to voice these things while they're still in production.

  12. #32
    Mechagnome Whidbey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Whidbey Island, WA USA
    Posts
    694
    The head model is always the same, always has been, with the exception of jawless undead. One wire frame, different textured skins.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Kozar927 View Post
    Geeze you guys can be crazy. OP had reasonable and constructive feedback and the Blizzard defense force jumps down his throat within seconds
    Strange thing about differing opinions. If it is in Blizz's favor, we are fanboys or defenders. If we are against it, we are just cynics and haters. The problem is, some people cannot accept other people's difference of opinion without BRANDING them and giving them a label.

    On Topic: I will be reserving full judgement until the game launches cause NOTHING I do or say on a "fan site" is gonna make Blizz stop dead in their tracks and take my advice.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Yup, because calling people name and acting as if they are ridiculous (expressing your shock and disturbed awe!) is a lot more easier than forming a valid counter-argument.
    Counter argument to what? I dont have an opinion on this matter. The new models look fine to me. I was just stating that you guys crushed his reasonable opinion very swiftly

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Kozar927 View Post
    Counter argument to what? I dont have an opinion on this matter. The new models look fine to me. I was just stating that you guys crushed his reasonable opinion very swiftly

    Nothing was crushed. A lot of people just said that it was too early to make assumptions. It's the same as going "there is only one hair and face style on the female human!?" after seeing the female human model in the ArtCraft post. (now granted, it had more hairstyles, but you get what I mean)


    I'm merely saying that overreacting prematurely + going overboard and turning from reasonable feedback into crying and whining about how something is objectively bad and will kill WoW will not help anyone.


    Personally, I will watch as the beta progresses build by build and give feedback based on that. If I see the worrying lack of development in facial features as beta progresses, I know for sure that I am going to make sure they know I disagree with it in any way I can, so..
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Well it's good to see the keyboard activists in full effect. Doing the laziest, most asinine thing they could think of off the top of their heads and calling it justice while making no difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by C9H20
    Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

  16. #36
    Immortal Chickat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Orgrimmar
    Posts
    7,160
    Now is the best time to express our concerns. The earlier the better. SO all this its not even beta crap needs to go. They WANT OUR FEEDBACK.
    My Warlords of Draenor Screenshots so far!
    http://imgur.com/a/YCLjL#0
    http://imgur.com/a/2rApO#0

  17. #37
    Warchief Kilpi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2,000
    Quote Originally Posted by Aven Ballantyne View Post
    The only real differences I see with the current orc faces are wrinkles, eyebrow tilt, and some sort of red colouring on the face. The mouth shape, head shape, ears, etc. don't change at all. I think the downfall of the male orc is that they don't have lips... Maybe when we get to see character creation for human, belf, etc.. there might be more noticeable differences with differently positioned/shaped lips and lipstick.
    People really thought there would be different models for faces? In a game like WoW different textures for faces is quite enough.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Now is the best time to express our concerns. The earlier the better. SO all this its not even beta crap needs to go. They WANT OUR FEEDBACK.

    I suppose it is also reasonable to go "OMG WTF IS THIS SHIT!" or "I really don't think this quite suffices, because x and y and z" when someone is sketching a picture. The stuff we're seeing isn't even formally presentable yet. Yes, we have the press event, but it's obvious that they're not done with the models. What exactly is the problem is waiting for the beta to at least start?
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Well it's good to see the keyboard activists in full effect. Doing the laziest, most asinine thing they could think of off the top of their heads and calling it justice while making no difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by C9H20
    Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

  19. #39
    If they do all have the same face, with different textures swapped, I think the forsaken will take the biggest hit. My guess is there might be a few exceptions, while the vast majority are texture swaps.

    Then again, maybe they will add the emote that makes your face stick to /happy /sad /mad ect.. Would be funny though /goofy
    Last edited by Pickynerd; 2014-03-06 at 06:33 PM.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Now is the best time to express our concerns. The earlier the better. SO all this its not even beta crap needs to go. They WANT OUR FEEDBACK.
    I love all of the assumption that "Discussing the features on a non-Blizzard fan site will melt the hearts of the Ebeneezers at Blizz HQ and get them to change the character designs".

    Call me a pessimist, but I am more of a realist. The REALIST in me says they are done modifying character models and are only slow rolling their release to help build anticipation for the launch. The only "CHANGES" that will happen between the time they announced WoD and the time they launch WoD will be fixing some of the Beta Bugs. Plain and simple.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •