Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    While it is most likely not finished (and I hardly care), the faces have very little variation.

Also ITT; Someone says same face syndrome, apologists say it's not finished or OP is whiner. "Whiners" fall for troll bait. I sense there are people arguing that it's too early to complain or that this is the perfect time to. (Just a wild guess, seems a cliché thing to occur when anything changes in game.)
    Stay salty my friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Old low poly models had the luxury of being easily customizable even tho it was just the texture changing, such as the NE male.
    Wouldn't really work once, you know, the model actually have lips and so on...
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Old low poly models had the luxury of being easily customizable even tho it was just the texture changing, such as the NE male.
    Wouldn't really work once, you know, the model actually have lips and so on...
    That's another good point. High quality head models (meshs? Not a 3d artist) are the enemy of texture based faces.

Look at female blood elves. A LOT of each face's "personality" comes from stuff like lipstick and eye makeup. That will be a lot harder when they have actual lips instead a single flat surface to paint on. Right now they can give the illusion of full or thin lips because the lips don't exist, they're just drawn on. When they have physical lips, that won't be an option anymore since it will be obvious that thin lips are just incompletely colored regular lips and that would look weird.

For the love of god, can we please get a mod or someone from MMOC to say its WiP so we can stop having these threads. PLEASE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MCBGamer View Post
    For the love of god, can we please get a mod or someone from MMOC to say its WiP so we can stop having these threads. PLEASE!
    Sorry! People like discussing works in progress!

It gets folks excited for incoming stuff.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Sorry! People like discussing works in progress!

It gets folks excited for incoming stuff.
    The BEST time to discuss stuff and give feedback is while it's a WiP, the earlier the better.

If the product is finished, you either aren't getting any changes until the next expansion or you get rushed, low quality changes.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think what a lot of people fail to realize is that while we had more variation before (Not saying there is NO variation between the faces in WoD, there obviously is, it's just somewhat subtle, but welcome to MMOs.) most of the face options weren't used. Just about every female Orc and female Troll picked the same face, Male troll differences are pretty subtle and unremarkable. Tauren faces all look similar. The difference isn't in the face itself so much as the hairstyle, coloring, earrings, etc customizations.

So before we can whine about sameface we need to see how they look in motion and decked out with all the accessories that we're used to.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by MCBGamer View Post
    Don't read the threads then.

Who are these people that play with their camera facing their front?

Quote Originally Posted by Uvwaex View Post
    Who are these people that play with their camera facing their front?
    I don't know about you, but I swing my camera around a bunch and zoom in/out if I'm not super focused on a fight.

I also zoom in when I'm doing stuff like exploring, reading quest text, chatting, etc. That's like half my play time.

So I see my face and facial expressions a lot. Well, I see my pandaren facial expressions a lot, I'll see my other characters expressions in WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Call me a pessimist, but I am more of a realist. The REALIST in me says they are done modifying character models and are only slow rolling their release to help build anticipation for the launch. The only "CHANGES" that will happen between the time they announced WoD and the time they launch WoD will be fixing some of the Beta Bugs. Plain and simple.
    Indeed. I'm convinced that the faces we see are the final ones. And yes, they all look almost the same, unfortunately.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

the thing is when looking at current character models the faces are pretty much all the same anyways. there's a slight shift in the eyes/nose/mouth and maybe a crease or two. new models... same thing looking at them. the eyes/nose/mouth don't change much but there's more creases. SOOOO.. what exactly are we complaining about. neither model had any major differences between face creation.

"You shouldn't complain about it until they're all finished"

"You're the only one bringing up this issue, no one complained about this back then"

I don't necessarily think waiting until Beta will have anything to do with whether they improve the diversity of the faces or not. At this point Blizzard is probably just trying to do their best to make them look different with the model they chose. I would assume they aren't going to create different facial models to match the existing ones. I would actually bet on that.

10+ Year Old Account
    But they're not the same face.

World of Warcraft will never die ! Deal with it ! Awesome work with new models

All the new models so far are phenomenally better than their priors. I don't know what the fuck is wrong with any of you. They are ALL, MUCH MUCH better and more pleasant to look at than the horse shit we are currently playing with. I refuse to respect anyone who says otherwise. You're either blind or retarded to think they are not superior.

Quote Originally Posted by Emu View Post
    All the new models so far are phenomenally better than their priors. I don't know what the fuck is wrong with any of you. They are ALL, MUCH MUCH better and more pleasant to look at than the horse shit we are currently playing with. I refuse to respect anyone who says otherwise. You're either blind or retarded to think they are not superior.
    That's not what's being argued. Here at least, and although the new models look great imo. It is possible some like the old ones better. It not beyond the realm of understanding that people would like a good variety of faces. Personally I don't care I'm wearing a helm, but hey I'm not the only one here, and my opinion isn't the only one.

The models do look better, but let's be real; for as long as Blizzard claims to have been working on these models, it seems odd that they should be so similar. I could barely tell a difference between the faces *as he was changing them*! What does that say about looking at characters at a glance? They can't change every animation for every single face, but could they not at least swing a different idle animation for each one? One that is scowling, one that is really old, one that is stoic, maybe even one that looks constantly angry... I would happily trade quantity for quality.

Now, don't misinterpret that last sentence; from what we've seen, the new models looks *FANTASTIC* (besides the early-model for Tauren, and I still wish Orcs stood up straight). I simply worry that, as we've seen with the Pandaren, the faces will look very nice, but almost completely uniform. I realize that all it came down to before were textures, but I just can't help but wonder that if they're finally overhauling the character-models, is it really necessary to rely purely on textures again?

Deleted
    I can't decide which I find funnier:

The people disappointed that we get one facial model with a few re-textures (despite this always having been the case 'till now)

The eternal optimists ("WAIT GUYS, IT'S NOT BETA YET - BLIZZ HAS LOADS OF TIME TO CREATE AND ANIMATE 7 NEW FACIAL MODELS PER RACE, JUST YOU SEE!")

Those with too much faith in the power of democracy ("IF WE SHOUT LOUDER NOW, BLIZZ WILL TOTALLY BACK DOWN AND MAGIC 144 MORE TOTALLY UNIQUE FACIAL MODELS FOR US TO PICK FROM!")

Sod it, they're all funny. I'll just keep enjoying the show until it bores me.