Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
9
10
LastLast
  1. #141
    Faces don't count much aside for you when look at character selection screen. if you're worried about what people see from you in game, it's your transmog. Won't change with the new models.

  2. #142
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    To be fair, most of the different faces we have today are just different wrinkle sets. I'll take my Pandaren who's face actually moves over my Human who looks like a 3D cardboard cutout that can walk.
    They're just wrinkle sets that happen to create a noticeable distinction. The fact that the different painted faces apply to the same model doesn't diminish this effect of theirs. Sameface, even with moveable parts, on the other hand, still looks the same from one player to the other. Yes, pandarens' faces move, but they still move in the exact same way for everyone.
    People complain because right now, you can play a pandaren and I can play a human and both can be happy with it, but if all races will be like the pandaren, in the future I won't get to make such choices anymore.

    Quote Originally Posted by TerrisT View Post
    Faces don't count much aside for you when look at character selection screen. if you're worried about what people see from you in game, it's your transmog. Won't change with the new models.
    But the new models will apply to all other players and to all NPCs of that particular race/gender combo. It's going to be particularly noticeable in an expansion that has so many orc characters at its center.
    I mean, look at the gameplay videos that were posted. Durotan and Thrall look almost identical, and while they may get new models because they're important dudes, Durotan's guards won't. Neither will the numerous other orcs we will encounter. The world of Warcraft will, essentially, have only ~20 different people in it once you take out the major lore characters

  3. #143
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Use of logic on this forum will get you infracted :P

    On Topic: Most of the complainers fail to see that the variations in facial expression will be based on speaking or emoting. Also, won't most of us have our helm showing anyway?
    Won´t most of us only see the chars from behind 99.9% of the time.

  4. #144
    Quote Originally Posted by BarosanuNr1 View Post
    They're just wrinkle sets that happen to create a noticeable distinction. The fact that the different painted faces apply to the same model doesn't diminish this effect of theirs. Sameface, even with moveable parts, on the other hand, still looks the same from one player to the other. Yes, pandarens' faces move, but they still move in the exact same way for everyone.
    People complain because right now, you can play a pandaren and I can play a human and both can be happy with it, but if all races will be like the pandaren, in the future I won't get to make such choices anymore.


    But the new models will apply to all other players and to all NPCs of that particular race/gender combo. It's going to be particularly noticeable in an expansion that has so many orc characters at its center.
    I mean, look at the gameplay videos that were posted. Durotan and Thrall look almost identical, and while they may get new models because they're important dudes, Durotan's guards won't. Neither will the numerous other orcs we will encounter. The world of Warcraft will, essentially, have only ~20 different people in it once you take out the major lore characters
    Durotan and Thrall should look identical. They're Father and Son.

  5. #145
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Won´t most of us only see the chars from behind 99.9% of the time.
    Very solid point. However, as an RPer, I tend to swing the camera when speaking with others. Let's me gain a larger overview. But for the most part, you are correct.

  6. #146
    Quote Originally Posted by cptaylor38 View Post
    Is "scope" the new word of the forums? Like strawman and what was the other one.. oh.. cannon.

    Ughhhh.

    And I don't know about you but most of the faces on the old models look different to me. From the eyes to the shading on the face, to the noses.

    I have a feeling one of the issues they're having creating same face is the fact that they have to give all of the models those huge round doll eyes to give them more options for animations... and if you give everyone the same eyes they're going to look a lot more similar.
    Canon. And no, scope and scope/feature creep are just software development terms which I am all too familiar with.

  7. #147
    Since Blizzcon they keep telling that when You log to WoD your new char will be same as old but with better textures, animations and features... And now after all this work they made with new models You think that one race will have same face model? This forum surprises me every day...

  8. #148
    Quote Originally Posted by Thralls Balls View Post
    Way to jump on him for nothing, the OP is just expressing his concern for a new feature in the game. Last time i checked this is the WoW GENERAL discussion forums.

    Edit, i guess this should be moved to the WoD section
    He's complaining about something that isn't even finished. Just like all the comments on the Beta vids complained about all the bosses using the old models... Because they aren't finished. If it goes live and they all have the same face then he has a point. Until then he doesn't.

  9. #149
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    He's complaining about something that isn't even finished. Just like all the comments on the Beta vids complained about all the bosses using the old models... Because they aren't finished. If it goes live and they all have the same face then he has a point. Until then he doesn't.
    It's better to bring up concerns early rather than them going through all the work and finishing them up; then realize that the players actually really, really care that there's only 1 face for their characters now, rather than 4-8.

  10. #150
    Herald of the Titans inboundpaper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Close to San Fransisco, CA
    Posts
    2,860
    Aren't like all the current faces just texture swaps anyways?
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    Sadly, with those actors... the "XXX Adaptation" should really be called 50 shades of watch a different porno.
    Muh main
    Destiny

  11. #151
    Quote Originally Posted by inboundpaper View Post
    Aren't like all the current faces just texture swaps anyways?
    Yes, yes they are.
    Disclaimer: No I'm not Alliance. I reserve the right to bat for both factions thank you very much.


  12. #152
    Stood in the Fire Amnaught's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Velen dies
    Posts
    389
    Well, I mean, the Goblins are fine. Why could they not take that route, exactly?

  13. #153
    Scarab Lord snuzzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Moonglade
    Posts
    4,736
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Well, I mean, the Goblins are fine. Why could they not take that route, exactly?
    Exactly. Anyone saying this was inevitable because of the detail is forgetting goblins. Sure, goblins aren't exactly as detailed as pandaren, but they look quite varied, especially the females. Even male worgen look varied enough. Yet now, suddenly, we can't? Why not?

    Quote Originally Posted by inboundpaper View Post
    Aren't like all the current faces just texture swaps anyways?
    And everyone here knows that. But the point is, before, the texture swaps were distinct enough that it made the faces look more varied.
    Some noses just don't belong on some faces! #SaveTheSnoots!

    Exhibit AExhibit BOfficial MMO-C Feedback PostOfficial Beta Feedback Post

  14. #154
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Very solid point. However, as an RPer, I tend to swing the camera when speaking with others. Let's me gain a larger overview. But for the most part, you are correct.
    Not a solid point at all, especially not "very". Even if we're not a majority, I play this game primarily for it's atmosphere and visuals, and when I'm not down seeing the world in my character's perspective as the game was designed and intended to allow from it's inception or zoomed out creating what appears to be a living fantasy painting of a lone wanderer on the planes or mountain paths, or even if I am some power gamer playing a glorifed slot machine loitering in a game genre that wasn't intended for me with the majority of it's features and developer efforts being ignored I still see the facial expressions of the NPCs I'm fighting, which they will all have now if they belong to the updated races. The first time I killed a goblin was quite delightful in Cataclysm watching his facial expressions and overly dramatic gestures.

    You're trying to be diplomatic, and it's appreciated.

    Quote Originally Posted by Instructor Soki View Post
    It's better to bring up concerns early rather than them going through all the work and finishing them up; then realize that the players actually really, really care that there's only 1 face for their characters now, rather than 4-8.
    While people are correct in voicing feedback while it still makes a difference, complaining about something like this before beta even begins looking at every expansion's precedent before now and complaining or offering criticism at this point beyond "I hope that's going to be changed" is just hyperbolic. And most importantly, we've now made more than enough noise about this issue that anything further here is just self aggrandizing. It's saturating the forums, you can all lose the "innocent and concerned consumer" act.

    The next Artcraft already has been announced with the topic specifically going to be addressing this issue and that the large amount of our concerns are specifically noted and heard, whether this Artcraft is an explanation for why we won't get the extremely refined details we want for each face or whether it's explaining that they have more things they are working on and have planned for adding later in the development cycle that is beta, its been noted. So you're just gyrating your hips in an echo chamber at this point pitchfork and torch at the ready.

    Things like this always change drastically in beta, refined graphical FX and features are tweaked extensively in every beta we've had. Acting like "we've got to act now before it's too late and you apologists are stifling our freedom" is romantic and all, but I guess you need your catharsis somewhere. In the mean time, beyond sharing opinions acting like an alarmist is just annoying. So expect to be treated like annoying things get treated when you act annoying.


    Last edited by Yig; 2014-03-15 at 09:57 AM.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

  15. #155
    Scarab Lord snuzzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Moonglade
    Posts
    4,736
    Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    While people are correct in voicing feedback while it still makes a difference, complaining about something like this before beta even begins looking at every expansion's precedent before now and complaining or offering criticism at this point beyond "I hope that's going to be changed" is just hyperbolic. And most importantly, we've now made more than enough noise about this issue that anything further here is just self aggrandizing. It's saturating the forums, you can all lose the "innocent and concerned consumer" act.

    The next Artcraft already has been announced with the topic specifically going to be addressing this issue and that the large amount of our concerns are specifically noted and heard, whether this Artcraft is an explanation for why we won't get the extremely refined details we want for each face or whether it's explaining that they have more things they are working on and have planned for adding later in the development cycle that is beta, its been noted. So you're just gyrating your hips in an echo chamber at this point pitchfork and torch at the ready.

    Things like this always change drastically in beta, refined graphical FX and features are tweaked extensively in every beta we've had. Acting like "we've got to act now before it's too late and you apologists are stifling our freedom" is romantic and all, but I guess you need your catharsis somewhere. In the mean time, beyond sharing opinions acting like an alarmist is just annoying. So expect to be treated like annoying things get treated when you act annoying.
    I'm not sure what your point is by posting the worgen. You seem to be arguing that discussion at this point is meaningless, but yet people complained that worgen looked too soft and cuddly, and Blizzard agreed and changed them.

    People are allowed to complain. You're allowed to think it's pointless, silly, or overreacting. That's the thing about opinions, they're all different...
    Some noses just don't belong on some faces! #SaveTheSnoots!

    Exhibit AExhibit BOfficial MMO-C Feedback PostOfficial Beta Feedback Post

  16. #156
    Old God Arrowstormen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles (Vacation)
    Posts
    10,606
    Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    I'm not sure what your point is by posting the worgen. You seem to be arguing that discussion at this point is meaningless, but yet people complained that worgen looked too soft and cuddly, and Blizzard agreed and changed them.

    People are allowed to complain. You're allowed to think it's pointless, silly, or overreacting. That's the thing about opinions, they're all different...
    What you apparently missed is that Blizzard has noted it, so before the Artcraft post, this is pointless.
    Being critical is a burden which some people loves to bear.

  17. #157
    Scarab Lord snuzzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Moonglade
    Posts
    4,736
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    What you apparently missed is that Blizzard has noted it, so before the Artcraft post, this is pointless.
    I noticed it. Actually the tweet is what led me to this thread (linked on MMO-C's front page). However, why does that mean further feedback is pointless? We haven't read the Artcraft yet. We don't know what they're going to say or how they're going to address it. Why can we not continue to provide feedback until that point?

    I've been through this song and dance before. We were told "too late!" with female worgen. We were told "we're not changing a damned thing because worgen!" with female pandaren. I'm going to provide feedback early and often because I do not want to see the same thing happen with my beloved main.
    Last edited by snuzzle; 2014-03-15 at 05:41 PM.
    Some noses just don't belong on some faces! #SaveTheSnoots!

    Exhibit AExhibit BOfficial MMO-C Feedback PostOfficial Beta Feedback Post

  18. #158
    The Lightbringer shoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    3,097
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    What you apparently missed is that Blizzard has noted it, so before the Artcraft post, this is pointless.
    This. Complaining about same face before Blizzard even gets the chance to address same face is like complaining that your roommate takes smelly shits before he even uses the bathroom. Judging the game a good 6 months before its release, before the game is even in Beta, and complaining about a graphical feature is absurd, and they haven't even explained to us what their plans are to avoid same face are.
    Shrek is love, Shrek is life.

  19. #159
    Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    I noticed it. Actually the tweet is what led me to this thread (linked on MMO-C's front page). However, why does that mean further feedback is pointless? We haven't read the Artcraft yet. We don't know what they're going to say or how they're going to address it. Why can we not continue to provide feedback until that point?
    Because it's not further feedback, it's the same feedback that you've already been giving. There is nothing new to say at this point. All it does is fill the forums with pointless complaints. If you have some brand new insight into the sameface issue (hint: you don't) there is no point in saying anything more until the artcraft comes out.
    Disclaimer: No I'm not Alliance. I reserve the right to bat for both factions thank you very much.


  20. #160
    Scarab Lord snuzzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Moonglade
    Posts
    4,736
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    Because it's not further feedback, it's the same feedback that you've already been giving. There is nothing new to say at this point. All it does is fill the forums with pointless complaints. If you have some brand new insight into the sameface issue (hint: you don't) there is no point in saying anything more until the artcraft comes out.
    I'm going to assume that by "you" you mean a "general you" because I just hopped into this thread last night and have made all of three posts.

    But another voice saying "Yes, this concerns me" or "No, this doesn't bother me" is always useful, even if it's not new insight. Because it shows how another person feels about the issue, and I'd hope that Blizzard cares about what people think. If everyone said "I don't have anything new to say about Real ID on the forums" it wouldn't have blown up and made Blizz back down like it did and they did.
    Some noses just don't belong on some faces! #SaveTheSnoots!

    Exhibit AExhibit BOfficial MMO-C Feedback PostOfficial Beta Feedback Post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •