Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

So, the new character models suffer from "Same-face" as the Pandaren do, too...

I guess it shouldn't be super surprising, given that you can't expect them to animate every single face differently... but still, it seems a bit disappointing.

10+ Year Old Account
    How about they finish all of the models first and release the expansion before we start complaining?

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    How about they finish all of the models first and release the expansion before we start complaining?
    That kind of logic has no place here.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

Seems like it'd be easier to do a texture swap for each face. It's not like they're going to rebuild each face over and over. Tweaks to the texture here and there to make them look different doesn't seem like it would require a full facial rework on the animation level since they wouldn't be doing things like adding a long nose or something (that would have to be animated for movement and such).

Honestly at the rate it's going I may just leave the old models on... if I play WoD. Seeing the Thrallosh made my laugh so hard.

You've always had same-face. Seriously, where did this delusion that facial differences were anything but texture based come from? Is it because the forsaken have a broken/no jaw option?

Go to the character creation screen, find a minimal hair style, and cycle through the face options without moving the head. You'll notice every single head is identical with different faces drawn on.

Then it'd be far too late. People expected them to fix the female worgen. Look at it. Once it hits live they seemingly abandon the art. If there's no outcry then they'll just ignore it and move on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    I guess it shouldn't be super surprising, given that you can't expect them to animate every single face differently... but still, it seems a bit disappointing.
    This just in- most humans look the same too!

Seriously, people need to stop bitching. Turn off the damn things if you don't want to see them. Me? I'll be playing ALL da orks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Use of logic on this forum will get you infracted :P

On Topic: Most of the complainers fail to see that the variations in facial expression will be based on speaking or emoting. Also, won't most of us have our helm showing anyway?

Way to jump on him for nothing, the OP is just expressing his concern for a new feature in the game. Last time i checked this is the WoW GENERAL discussion forums.

Edit, i guess this should be moved to the WoD section
    Last edited by Thralls Balls; 2014-03-06 at 05:40 PM.

Yea because the best way to get them to change something is to complain AFTER it's done. I haven't seen the female worgens fixed yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Spraxle View Post
    Seems like it'd be easier to do a texture swap for each face. It's not like they're going to rebuild each face over and over. Tweaks to the texture here and there to make them look different doesn't seem like it would require a full facial rework on the animation level since they wouldn't be doing things like adding a long nose or something (that would have to be animated for movement and such).

Honestly at the rate it's going I may just leave the old models on... if I play WoD. Seeing the Thrallosh made my laugh so hard.
    That is precisely what they've done:

I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Might be a possibility. Do I care...no.

Terrible advice. The best time to complain or give feedback is before they're done. Once they're finished with the models, there's no way they'll change them. Not a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrouded View Post
    Terrible advice. The best time to complain or give feedback is before they're done. Once they're finished with the models, there's no way they'll change them. Not a chance.
    Yea preconceptions, assumptions aren't fact or good to speculate sometimes, but it could actually happen. Seeing as it has happened already.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrouded View Post

Yeah. The better option is, of course, to cry rivers over something pre-beta. It's either that or nothing, hmh-mh!

Glad to see some posters here are showing some backbone. Makes me feel like there's still some hope on this website.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Yeah. The better option is, of course, to cry rivers over something pre-beta. It's either that or nothing, hmh-mh!
    Cry rivers? so giving constructive feedback is crying a river? Holy shit and i thought the official forums were full of white knights lol

Quote Originally Posted by Thralls Balls View Post
    Cry rivers? so giving constructive feedback is crying a river? Holy shit and i thought the official forums were full of white knights lol

Yes, because no one has thrown their toys out of the pram because "OMG ALL LOOK THE SAME" yet. Continue feigning shock, even though you're very well aware that a lot of people are going way overboard with this you call 'constructive feedback'.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Pffft. The OP didn't "cry rivers". The most valuable feedback - both for players and for Blizzard - is always the negative feedback, as long as it's expressed constructively. If you want to help Blizzard improve the game, the best thing you can do is dig out the things you're unhappy about and tell them why you're unhappy (and hopefully offer a better solution!).

Quote Originally Posted by Thralls Balls View Post
    Son, don't take the bait.