Deleted

Post LFR, Flex and Normal

So my question is, are the tactics the same for LFR, flex and normal modes of the fights in SoO?

I have done LFR many times which is really easy and although most tactics can be ignored, as it's LFR I still understand the tactics of each fight, I recently did a flex raid and the tactics where the same as LFR and I have just joined a guild in the hope I can do normal SoO.

Are the tactics the same but just harder like more damage from aoe's etc?

Or are there completely different mechanics/added mechanics for each fight?

Deleted
    Flex and normal have the same mechanics, just more health/damage &c. Heroics (except Norushen) actually have additional mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by wildeabandon View Post
    Flex and normal have the same mechanics, just more health/damage &c. Heroics (except Norushen) actually have additional mechanics.
    More orbs spawn on heroic norushen.

Generally speaking, though, even if a fight has no new mechanics the strategy is completely different on heroic vs normal/flex. On heroic certain mechanics that could otherwise be ignored on normal/flex suddenly play a relevant part in the fight.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2014-03-06 at 07:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every boss can and will kill you in Flex and Normal. In LFR, only.... maybe 4 will kill you, if 60% aren't paying attention, and then maybe 6 totes if 80% aren't paying attention.

Garrosh
    Blackfuse
    Sugar
    Shaman
    Nazgrim
    Protectors only cuz they'll just never die cuz everyone will tunnel one and then wait for it to respawn.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord Booty View Post
    Every boss can and will kill you in Flex and Normal. In LFR, only.... maybe 4 will kill you, if 60% aren't paying attention, and then maybe 6 totes if 80% aren't paying attention.

Garrosh
    Blackfuse
    Sugar
    Shaman
    Nazgrim
    Protectors only cuz they'll just never die cuz everyone will tunnel one and then wait for it to respawn.
    Add spoils and thok to that list. Spoils requires at least 1 good tank and healer and 4 good DPS on each side. Thok has at least 1 and sometimes up to 4 people die during the kite phases because people don't get the concept of a mobile meat grinder.

Deleted
    Yes, you should have absolutely no problem blowing through normal.

Deleted
    Thanks for the replies, unlikely I'll be doing heroics raids, not this expansion anyhow.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    More orbs spawn on heroic norushen.
    Oh, good point, that had slipped my mind. There is something a bit peculiar about a heroic mechanic that makes the fight easier...

Every guild has their own tactics. Though its probably just garrosh and shamans thats played different on normal/flex.

Some Flex fights remain at 10 mechanics even when full 25 people in, Sha only spawn 1 add from back (not 1 on each side)

If you just dinged 90, have some dedication, social skills, gaming skill. you can be 14H until end of expac with better chance than someone playing since WotLK
    Last edited by Dukenukem; 2014-03-07 at 01:06 PM.