Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I'm not sure why, but most players apparently do not want to get the best out of their characters. This should have been obvious just from watching what the average WoW player does.
    I know what you mean, but in my experiences at least (certainly not proof, I know), even players with abominably gemmed/enchanted/reforged gear still seem to want the most out of their characters. They'll complain angrily if they're not given loot, they'll queue their LFRs every week, they'll be outside Celestials with their constantly ungemmed gear Tuesday after Tuesday. Certainly not all - there are many laid-back couldn't-care-less types around.

And when you factor raiders into it.. I dunno, I might have had differing experiences to you, but even casual raiders without a clue still seem very keen to gain additional loot via any difficulty necessary, in my experiences at least.

Some raiders are just stupid, that's all. Same in every walk of "life" I guess, heh

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, I don't find raiding fun at all. I only do it because it's the only place to get decent gear. I'm not interested in pvp either, and the pvp gear isn't as good. Hopefully someday they just sell the gear in store so I won't have to raid for gear anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Nope, I don't find raiding fun at all. I only do it because it's the only place to get decent gear. I'm not interested in pvp either, and the pvp gear isn't as good. Hopefully someday they just sell the gear in store so I won't have to raid for gear anymore.
    What's the point in having that level of gear if you're not going to raid in it?
    Do you want that gear so you can just AFK in Org/SW so people can think you're a special snowflake or something?
    I am not Voting Trump because I support him, its about keeping a Career Criminal out of office that mishandles classified information.
    Beta males can cry on how I will not vote for their brood mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Have you even considered the perspective of the 'violent' muslims?

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No poll?
    Yes, I do enjoy raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by gamon12 View Post
    I'm just curious, do you really enjoy raiding? And by raiding I mean doing the same dungeon (let's say SoO) over and over again to get the best gear possible.
    I don't raid to get the best gear possible. I raid to try and defeat boss mechanics, and to play with people I like playing with. Every week I'm trying to learn a new boss, and/or refining my play style on previous bosses, and learning how to defeat that boss by cooperating with the 9 other people in my group. Sometimes we win just repeating a strategy we saw on some site, sometimes we have to adapt said strategy, sometimes we have to come up with strategies ourselves. I enjoy this process.
    I don't care much if at the end I got the 'best' gear possible (by this I'm assuming you mean BiS items), as long as I can complete the raid tier. I see some people that apparently only raid in order to fill their BiS list, I don't care much about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Melkandor View Post
    What's the point in having that level of gear if you're not going to raid in it?
    Do you want that gear so you can just AFK in Org/SW so people can think you're a special snowflake or something?
    Soloing old content etc. requires decent gear, too. Many things in WoW do which aren't raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Soloing old content etc. requires decent gear, too. Many things in WoW do which aren't raiding.
    I know, but you can do pretty much anything in this game without having the best of the best gear. Including soloing, unless you just plain suck at playing and you need the gear to carry you. Soloing things the same level as you is a whole other story.
    I am not Voting Trump because I support him, its about keeping a Career Criminal out of office that mishandles classified information.
    Beta males can cry on how I will not vote for their brood mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Have you even considered the perspective of the 'violent' muslims?

Quote Originally Posted by gamon12 View Post
    I'm just curious, do you really enjoy raiding? And by raiding I mean doing the same dungeon (let's say SoO) over and over again to get the best gear possible.
    I raid instances over and over again because I love the company of my guildmates.

As far as I'm concerned raiding is about progressing and facing new challenges. Not about farming the best gear possible.

And yes, I do really enjoy raiding and the challenges we face..

10+ Year Old Account
    When the social element is strong, supportive and friendly yes. Otherwise no. The social experience has to be stronger than the actual raid experience to keep me around for many passes at the same content. One reason why I don't pug a lot.

- - - Updated - - -

Because gear is an alternate form of progression in the game akin to leveling without the XP.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    No I want gear so I can kill more stuff faster. How is that even hard to figure out. Your reply is one of the stupidest things i've ever read.

Moderator Note: Say what you need to say without being insulting. I won't warn about this again. This goes for everybody. [ML]
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2014-03-06 at 11:22 PM.

What's the point of Heroic Garrosh dropping gear if you will have beaten the game by then? You obviously didn't need it to kill him. Do you need that gear so that you can just AFK in Org/SW so people can think you're a special snowflake or something?

News flash: That gear is good for just about every activity there is in the game, with the possible exception of PvP. When raid gear acquires an attribute called "Raid Power" that is only useful in raid instances then I'll concede your point. Until then your argument is seriously flawed.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

10+ Year Old Account
    Raid 2 nights a week extending every second week so that we have 2 week lockouts, avoid burnout, keep fun.

Half the time the enjoyment from raiding comes from the people you raid with, rather than the raiding itself.

No, I raid just to get paid in gold from the Spirits of War we sell clearly.

I'm kidding, of course I enjoy it.

That worked for me in TBC, maybe only reason I got into Top Raiding. As healer you never kill stuff fast.
    I enjoy raiding in some weird way. I really dont like It.... but I do it anyway, reasons vary from "nothing better to do" to "Fine evening farming HCs with Guild"
    Also Im GM of good guild so quitting because "Im no longer interested in SoO" is Not an Option (I would have to give up GM title which I like very much , Its in Guild rules).

+ We are really close to finishing content in time... and when its 14H in 2 days its not better time in WoW than that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    No, I raid just to get paid in gold from the Spirits of War we sell clearly.

I'm kidding, of course I enjoy it.
    You still can sell those? on our server its like 100 g for one. and nobody buys it....

10+ Year Old Account
    It's the only thing I find fun about the game, anymore. It's a shame being on a dead server for 4 years straight, has ruined my guild, therefore my experience with the game overall.

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

I went from raiding regularly to not raiding at all. Raiding is the least compelling aspect and worst form of content in WoW. I'm actually astonished that Blizzard is still clinging to them and trying to get more people to raid, instead of moving away from that form of organized content, like a modern MMO game should.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    I went from raiding regularly to not raiding at all. Raiding is the least compelling aspect and worst form of content in WoW. I'm actually astonished that Blizzard is still clinging to them and trying to get more people to raid, instead of moving away from that form of organized content, like a modern MMO game should.
    You like unorganized clusterf*** of LFR/LFD better?

Yes. Progression is fun, and farm is about trying to outdo yourself week after week and compete on meters/logs .

Yeah think its mostly gear, after getting the cloak it just didn't feel as exciting to log on