Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love raiding.

I do. It's more the present company than the whole killing x boss for the xth time. It's always fun and joking around.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Most of what I do in-game is raiding.

The gear is nice, it provides a reward scheme that makes you feel like you're progressing, but mostly I just like it for the fights.

It's about performing perfectly on the class(es) you raid with. There is a level of predictability to it - just like a tennis match or a football game - but each individual repetition of an encounter is slightly different. There's always a way in which you could've handled it slightly better.

It's the unattainable pursuit of perfection in a similar-but-varying environment. High adrenaline meditation.

Raiding is by far the best aspect of WoW, and being part of a raid team is about the most fun I've ever had in a video game that involved a multiplayer game.

Caveat: With a good raid team. Problem with raiding at least for me is I could never find a really solid team that fit my schedule, so I was generally a bench player for the B team on the #1 horde guild on my server during MoP.

Caveat #2: Real raiding (ie normals and heroics, not LFR/flex).

Real raiding with a real team of people who are not douchebags is incredibly fun and rewarding, although it is rare, and I would daresay increasingly rare. I wish there were more "strictly hardcore 2 night" type raid guilds, but they are sadly few and far between, and building up a raid team with this type of principle is nearly impossible at this point.

Anyway, yes, real raiding with a team of good players who aren't total doucheys is super fun. That's quite a lot of caveats tho for a game that's 10 years old.

I do enjoy raiding (especially among friends) but i must admit i'm getting a bit tired of it this expansion. Going through having the raid team having to reform three times due to people leaving for the rest of the expansion or for real life reasons has made getting a solid raid team together for a smooth raiding experience a colossal pain. Now both raid groups in the guild are merging for continued heroic progression. I suppose i'm just a bit burnt out personally on raiding since it has been a roller coaster ride this entire expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Angella View Post
    I enjoyed the camaraderie of being in a progression guild in vanilla through wrath. Do I love the solo lol fest that raiding has become? Nope.
    That's why you have to differentiate "real raiding" from lfr/flex, or at least lfr, which is as most people have mentioned a complete and total bastardization of what real raiding is. No one can solo lol fest current content in a real raid (normal/heroic).

Yep, mainly because it is a great social activity. My guild has our clear down to 2 nights a week including carrying buyers, I always look forward to tuesday/wednesday nights, and i'm also never the one who volunteers to sit, because I still enjoy the fights. I guess if I didn't like the people I raid with as much I wouldn't enjoy raiding so much, but in that case I would probably have found another group that I fit in with.

It's all about the people who you play with, just like any other multiplayer game.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    LFR is also raiding. Don't like it either.

5 mans are the better form of instanced content.
    The Emphasis was on your "organized raiding" remark.
    If you like smaller its fine, but Im sure no one is enjoying unorganized zergfests

Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    Yep, mainly because it is a great social activity. My guild has our clear down to 2 nights a week including carrying buyers, I always look forward to tuesday/wednesday nights, and i'm also never the one who volunteers to sit, because I still enjoy the fights. I guess if I didn't like the people I raid with as much I wouldn't enjoy raiding so much, but in that case I would probably have found another group that I fit in with.

It's all about the people who you play with, just like any other multiplayer game.
    Do you carry Norm or HC? +2 seems a bit much for HC kill Garrosh , but we also carry 2 buyers for 14N kill (saving up for garrosh progress)

The first few weeks of a new raid are fun but then it starts to get boring really fast.

This is going to sound very strange:
    Backround: Been raiding since level 60 when MC got launched.

I do not particularly enjoy raiding for the content we experience. It is only on a very few bosses that I am very excited to be there trying to defeat it.
    I have raided heroic 25 mans until Heroic Ragnaros 25.

Why would I bother raiding? (not particularly in that order)
    1. gearupgrades
    2. prestige
    3. playing with friends (this is the most important)

There are a few bosses in my "raidingcareer" that I liked:
    1. The entire throne of the 4 winds
    2. Almost the entire BWD instance apart from that worm at the left side of the entrance.
    3. Valiona & Co
    4. Lich King
    5. That Vampire bitch in ICC
    6. Yogg
    7. The gnome in Ulduar where you try to get Firefighter achievement
    8. Illidan
    9. Archimonde in Mount Hyjal
    10. Kael'Thas
    11. Lady Vashj
    12. Theater in Karazhan
    13. 4 horsemen in Naxx 40
    14. Instructer Razuvious Naxx 40 (totally different from WOTLK version)
    15. Razergore BWL

That is basically it. Sure when we defeated MC's Ragnaros it was one of the most epic moments for me. But the fight itself was long and dreary and most people hadn't a clue what actually was going on except the raidleader.

So from my POV raiding is not perse very inspiring. It is the friends you play with that makes this game awesome.

And the stupid thing is. Blizzard is making this game more and more a solo playable game.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    I raided because if i didnt raid the days were way too long T-T
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

10+ Year Old Account
    mostly yes. but i tend to get bored if the same tier goes on for to long. i'm starting to hate SoO a bit for that reason

I thoroughly enjoy raiding. Been doing it since MC/Onyxia. But, I don't think raiding should be all there is to do PvE wise, or instance wise. I don't like how Blizzard is trying to get more people to raid, and I also think the expansion's lore should not be tied to raids. Over the years I've met plenty of people who would otherwise never set foot inside a raid at all if they could help it. The problem with that is, you can't, not if you enjoy the story or want to see what happens at the end of an expansion.

Deleted
    Loved it on private LK, loving it even more since i came to MoP.Sad they took away seperate lockouts for 10-25N/HC but meh got both my Pala and Spriest to run SoO with Cannot wait for WoD to pop and get that feeling u get the 1st time u enter a new raid!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Funny thing is many players I see in raids with PvP titles are usually terrible at PvE, even failing at the basic rotation.
    You do realize this works the other way around aswell?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Funny thing is many players I see in raids with PvP titles are usually terrible at PvE, even failing at the basic rotation.
    To be fair this is also true of people with PvE titles.

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy the new encounters as we learn them, the guild is what keeps me returning after the bosses ae downed the first time. The guild drama I have experience in previous guilds I have been a member of lessen my want to engage in anything WoW wise

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovestar View Post
    To be fair this is also true of people with PvE titles.
    I agree. I'll be 13/14H soon and I absolutely suck at PvP unless it's world PvP where I can just brute force with my heroic gear.

Quote Originally Posted by gamon12 View Post
    Hi there,

I'm just curious, do you really enjoy raiding? And by raiding I mean doing the same dungeon (let's say SoO) over and over again to get the best gear possible.
    I'm sure it's been said, but let's get one thing clear, "raiding" isn't doing the same raid over and over and over again. That's grinding, as much as that's the "purpose" or end-game, it is grinding.

Quote Originally Posted by Magarishun View Post
    LFR is not raiding. Celestials and Ordos are more raiding than LFR
    How so? You can tag the Celestial and let everyone else kill it while being AFK. Players can respawn at the spirit mid-fight and rejoin. I have yet to see a wipe on Celestials. I have seen wipes on Ordos when trolls from other factions pull extra mobs into the group, but that's not due to boss difficulty. Please make credible statements. LFR is raiding. You have 25 people, the bosses still feature most of the mechanics from normal (toned down), and groups will wipe if they don't follow. The point he was making stands. If you don't like raiding you obviously won't like LFR.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pyromelter View Post
    No one can solo lol fest current content in a real raid (normal/heroic).
    Wow. I'm impressed that you can solo LFR bosses. Video please. As for normal bosses:

Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13