Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    So basically it sounds like exactly the bullcrap scam that many people have been realizing it really is nowadays. All of this, "You're an adult." and "Oh, just take responsibility" sounds great, but the whole college system just sounds like a huge waste of everyones' time and money for the majority of jobs.
    So blame the parents for misleading their children, and the American culture for building up universities as a necessary step in every person's life (as opposed to community/trade/working from a HS degree) and bastions of partying and fun rather than learning. If you can't be responsible for your own future when you are 18, that in itself is saddening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or just blame the institutions that are crap for being crap.

It's not my problem, I'm not paying for any of them, so "responsible for my future" isn't an issue here, fortunately.

The very idea that they would want me to pay through the nose for Junior High level english and math classes with the justification that some people need to be more "well-rounded" is just nonsense to begin with.
    If you're going out into the world with junior high level English, that's actually quite saddening for your future prospects.

10+ Year Old Account
    You keep saying "you", I do hope you mean the non-specific "you".
    You in relation to the situation that you proffered. So in between.

Those courses are presented so that you can find something interesting outside of your field. Enjoy it and widen your perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by poser765 View Post
    So much this. College is NOT a trade school. You don't go to college to learn how to JUST work in your desired field. The purpose is to educate you to a higher level in various areas of knowledge.
    As a Med Student I kinda beg to differ...