Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Germany, world wars. France and The United Kingdoms, big boys of europe from medieval to mid 1900's. Or maybe Sweden nowadays with their stereotypish blond women and Ikea.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Craakar View Post
    I'd say the UK, or as the ignorant like to call it: England.

Yes, I'm bitter.
    Nobody in the UK refers to themselves as UK, its Great Britain or England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland.

The official name is : United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland...

Considering before the act of union it was known as England, England still is economically and population wise the heart of the UK.

Besides its got to be Italy... there history goes back even further than ours, the cuisine, the architecture, the culture. Surely the most famous... everyone knows what a pizza is... where does the pope live... MARIO! need i say more?
    Last edited by mmocf6aadac82a; 2014-03-06 at 06:28 PM.

Germany, quite obvious reasons :P

UK aswell due to the power they possessed in the past

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vizardlorde View Post
    Speaking of Europe why do we never speak about Belgium ? Ive seen almost every other European country named on these forums but I've never seen a thread about belgium.
    Even the Belgians don't care about Belgium.

If countries were colours, Belgium would be beige.

Deleted
    Can't say its the most famous right now (not even close ) but Portugal deserves to be mentioned at least...it did own half of the world (with Spain the other half) and was the first global empire in history. In addition, it was the longest-lived of the modern European colonial empires, spanning almost six centuries, from the capture of Ceuta in 1415 to the handover of Macau in 1999 or the grant of sovereignty to Timor-Leste in 2002

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    This is what I get from being on the outside, ofc its not the sentiment of every UK citizen but as a outsider and observer it what feels to me
    To be honest I can't fault you for that thinking, if that's the image you get I understand it - ever since I moved to Denmark and found out that the stereotypical Scotsman in THIS country is the same as it is anywhere pretty much, except they think that every one of us are 'cheap', or miserly. Which is bewilderingly bullshit, and no one knows where it came from but that's how it is

15+ Year Old Account
    Germany, unfortunately because of WW2, and to a lesser degree WW1.. there's not a single person who's gone to school and not heard about Germany.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkxtazy View Post
    Can't say its the most famous right now (not even close ) but Portugal deserves to be mentioned at least...it did own half of the world (with Spain the other half)...
    Is a Portuguese "half" quite a bit smaller than 50%?

Dane here (Denmark). And the answer is without doubt Germany. It can't even be questioned, yes England (not UK cause noone gives a shit about Scotland, Wales and North Ireland), France, Spain and Italy have their own fame but they are still behind Germany.

Germany seem to be running the show once again, this time in a more civil way; Through EU, instead of making a World War!
    Last edited by Nelle; 2014-03-06 at 06:30 PM.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Craakar View Post
    I'd say the UK, or as the ignorant like to call it: England.

Yes, I'm bitter.
    Well I'm an Englishman from England before I'm British and proud of it tbh.

Oh and its The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland to give our island(s) there full title though commonly called just the UK or Britain.

Personally I prefer Great Britain over UK but thats just me.

And if I discount my own country from "the most famous" I think it would have to be germany if you inlude current affairs and political/financial influence and power but if your asking "from recorded history etc then would be either france or germany.
    Last edited by Shakari; 2014-03-06 at 06:32 PM.
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Even the Belgians don't care about Belgium.

If countries were colours, Belgium would be beige.
    Yeah Belgium is a bit pale. Long long long history in the centre of where everything has happened in the history. Yet there isn't much to say about Belgium or Belgians. That kind of sums it up. Small country which itself nor its' people haven't done much ever. I don't mean this as an insult at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ukraine.

10+ Year Old Account
    World wide fame? I give you 3 words: Swiss Bank Account

Deleted
    France is the most visited country in the world for a reason. Don't let the incoming Anglosphere circlejerk fool you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylphen View Post
    France is the most visited country in the world for a reason.
    Because it's a stopover on the way to England, Italy or Germany?

Deleted
    currently? Germany i would say, UK though maybe around the world more known / famous than Germany due to a lot of former colonies probably know more about UK than Germany, but its close between Germany and UK. followed by France.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    As an American you did not think of the UK or France? The USA would not exist were it not for these countries.
    You always forget the Spain helped too. Not just the French.

Also, the Germans did the most impressive thing just ~80 years ago.

Deleted
    Italy and Greece are mostly known from Ancient times.

Scandinavia is known from its Vikings (but the countries itself aren't very known).

Most of Europe is romanized during Medieval times.

Spain and Portugal are known from the Age of Discovery.

France and Britain are known from their colonial powers and their many wars against each other.

Germany is known from the two World Wars and their incredible efficiency.

Russia is Russia.

Guess it depends on who you ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Even the Belgians don't care about Belgium. If countries were colours, Belgium would be beige.
    HEY, I actually care about Belgium for the first time in my life. I'm rooting for them at the World Cup this summer. The team they got going is simply amazing and full of very young talented blood! So boring with people rooting for the "usual suspects" like Brazil, England, Spain, Argentina, Italy and France! Be a bit modern and jump on the Belgium wagon...

Players like Thibaut Courtois, Vincent Kompany, Eden Hazard and Romelu Lukaku is like turning /godmode on!
    Last edited by Nelle; 2014-03-06 at 06:36 PM.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylphen View Post
    France is the most visited country in the world for a reason. Don't let the incoming Anglosphere circlejerk fool you.
    Well, it is the best place to buy a never fired, dropped only once military rifle! (I kid, I kid...)