Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Speaking as a man: condoms SUCK BIG EXTRAORDINARILY GIGANTIC *****.

I can see how a pill might be bad for some women (bad reactions and all) but man do I feel less pleasure wearing a condom =/

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    [QUOTE=Fumu;25760641For the record: ladies getting mad at more options is silly, and male birth control has been under development for a long time. That being said I can understand the frustration of girls having to be primarily responsible.
    [/QUOTE]

Okay, I can understand this stance. But that kind of leans back to the concept of saying wear a condom or put it away, I mean I guess that falls on the realm of females being responsible for saying no, but it removes any hormonal issues it would seem.
    But I ask this honestly, would you trust a guy who said he was on some form of male birth control? I had my vasectomy close to 4 years ago, if a girl was willing to not use protection simply because I said so, I would probably think she was dumb because of stds and the fact that I am sure that has been the initial response to many a Maury episode. I do understand that the concept changes for long term relationships who don't want to use condoms yet don't want children. that is a different dynamic I do understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Man, what the fuck. Did we really need another bait thread where people bash women and feminists for 50 something pages?
    Just wanted to step in, because this somehow, despite being OT, popped up on my filter page. Feminist and Women are not the same thing. One of them is a gender, the other one is a member of a movement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Illogical people are illogical.

Male birth control is severely underdeveloped, particularly non-surgery forms of birth control. You cannot stop sperm production with hormones as the male body is simply NOT designed to ever stop producing sperm, the female body on the other hand is designed to stop ovulating when it is pregnant, which it can be tricked into thinking it is with hormonal birth control. Simply put, designing ways to stop men from reproducing is a lot more difficult than it is for women.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Xisa View Post
    There is a reason birth control is aimed at women.

Birth control for women is chemical. Birth control for men is a rubber tube that makes sex magnitudes less pleasurable, so tons of them don't use it. This is simple reality.

I think any advancement in the prevention of spreading of HIV or other STIs is welcome.
    Yes, please! Something needs to be done about those evil rubbery things. At least until I get married hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    I think it's unfair that only women can protect themselves from HIV and Herpes. Clearly Men are being marginalized with this new technology by their Amazonian Masters.
    XD

Well, I am aware of an anal lube that's supposed to help lessen the odds of getting HIV. HOWEVER, that's geared towards gay men. If you're trying not to get those from a woman? Well it's either dip yourself in latex (or its non allergy inducing equivalent), or gear that protection towards a woman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, what the fuck. Did we really need another bait thread where people bash women and feminists for 50 something pages?
    Actually no, I asked because its a large community of people who have different thoughts. Its something I honestly don't understand the angst and anger of, and those in my local area who have thoughts generally share the same thoughts, because for the most part they know each other and are in the same circles.

So no this is not a bait thread.

Man has been doing this for thousands of years. Why stop now?

Quote Originally Posted by MCBGamer View Post
    Just wanted to step in, because this somehow, despite being OT, popped up on my filter page. Feminist and Women are not the same thing. One of them is a gender, the other one is a member of a movement.
    No shit. If I thought they were the same thing, I wouldn't have listed them separately, now would I?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by theostrichsays View Post
    So no this is not a bait thread.
    Yes it is.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying for men to wear condoms and deal with it. Even as a woman I'm ALLERGIC to them and have to use specialty condoms that feel like shit and are stupidly expensive. They're an absolute last resort for me too. Also to many women it's not as fun and feels like you're getting porked by a rubber glove.

I was just saying the situation isn't very nice for women either, despite the choices available. Also vasectomies are reversible and men don't have to deal with the intense pressure/outright refusal of doctors to do it to you as a woman because "oh you'll totally want kids, you'll change your mind, you're too young, now you're too old so you'd better have them right now or else!" I tried to get my tubes tied twice and doctors refused me because they swore if eventually get Babyitis. But I digress...

It's very true at anyone blaming this breakthrough at gender bias is being dumb and reactionary. It's just easier at the moment for science to mess up the conception process from the woman's end rather than the man's and that's that.

However, some guys really need to be more compassionate at how messed up these pills can make you. Often a girl has to go through many BCs to find one that works for her body, it's not like popping an Advil.

This doesn't mean condoms are a good long term solution and spermicide can be damaging to both man and lady parts, but vasectomies are your friend! And so is being patient and supportive while your SO tries to find an alternate form of BC that works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Vasectomies are not equivalent to a birth control pill. Women can already get the equivalent if that's what they wish.

And despite the side effects, it also gives them the luxury of knowing that responsible steps have been taken to prevent an unwanted pregnancy and now apparently can also let them know that they're at least somewhat protected against HIV. If they don't like that, condoms are always an option.

@OP, I'd kind of like to see whatever article this is because I'm interested in how this form of birth control will protect against HIV.
    http://www.iflscience.com/health-and...-and-pregnancy
    That was the initial page I was linked to then there were other links as I read about it.
    http://www.womenshealthmag.com/healt...trol-and-stds#.
    http://www.foxnews.com/health/2014/0...nancy-and-hiv/

Nah, s'not feminism, s'an excuse to be a whiny bitch.

Women have more on the line than men do when it comes to conception. It's unfortunate, but it's a fact.

I'm not a fan of oral contraception. The vast majority of people (men and women) are unaware of how big a difference these little pills can have on a woman's frame of mind. It's not even a matter of removing a single brand - each woman's body is just a bit different, chemically speaking, so the results about a pill won't be consistent across the board. Sort of like certain pain medications work for some people, but don't work for others (ibuprofen, acetaminophen, etc); it's not that the drug doesn't work at all nor is the drug a miracle cure all, it's simply that they'll work a bit differently for different bodies.

I've only been on ... 4 brands? I was too young to pay attention when I was younger, but last summer was switched to a "new" brand and it turned me into an absolutely angry beast for the month and a half I was on it and couldn't figure out WHY I was angry all the time. (maybe the person OP saw posting is on a pill that makes her angry, and doesn't realize it's her medication causing it) Looked up reviews on it, and it had turned about 1/3 of the reviewers nearly to suicide (1/6th had life long cystic acne cleared up for the first time ever, and most of the others had negative, mood changes like mine).

More options for women is a good thing. More options for men ... probably a better thing.

I do think there should be more options for men. There are a ridiculous number of men who would prefer to risk making a baby with a woman who might lie about contraception than slap a condom on for sex. I wonder if they've ever managed to make a female condom that doesn't squeak...?
    "Bananas, like people, sometimes look different when they are naked." Grace Helbig

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I'd really have to disagree. That it will likely end up as a gigantic shitfest because of the people who post on this forum doesn't mean the author's intent is to create said shitfest.
    We'll see. I'm bowing out of this one though, to save myself from the (inevitable) hernia.
    Last edited by Celista; 2014-03-06 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fumu View Post
    Also vasectomies are reversible
    Not easily. I think technically tubal ligation is reversible to the same extent. Also, are you sure young men don't get that pressure from doctors insisting they may want kids later?
    Normal is the name for the mental disorder present in the majority of humanity.
    Xinjun

Quote Originally Posted by theostrichsays View Post
    Because I personally in my teens/early-mid twenties never trusted a woman who said she was on the pill. Granted I was in the military and that was how more then a couple of "miracle" babies showed up amongst the unit, but I if I was bright enough to not rely on a female to be on birth control, would females really trust men who said oh I am on XX___XX birth control measure if more were created for men?
    In that position, I couldn't necessarily trust a guy who claimed to be on a pill he might not be on, or might not be taking properly. Birth control pills CAN fail (not knocking the "miracle" baby remark), but the odds are extremely slim.

(To this day I question if this woman who claimed to have gotten pregnant despite condoms and BC was telling the truth or not, because people say things to get attention or sympathy.)

10+ Year Old Account
    No shit. If I thought they were the same thing, I wouldn't have listed them separately, now would I?

- - - Updated - - -

Yes it is.
    Actually if read the whole post instead of just quoting the last sentence, you would understand why I asked a larger community that actually has some intelligent people on it. Sorry you feel offended, but how you took it and what people responded with in no way shape or form indicates that I had intentions outside what I stated. Thank you.

No reason for them to be mad about it, more options are always a good thing. If I was single right now I would definitely want to look into that, since hardly any female birth control comes with STD protection.

I'm 28 and Do. Not. Want. children. I'd like the option of sterilization. Honestly, I want a oophorectomy but no one would ever do that without cancer.
    Normal is the name for the mental disorder present in the majority of humanity.
    Xinjun

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love a pill to make me shoot blanks and protect me from some STDs. That sounds fucking Willy Wonka magical.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Simply put, in the end, it would make more sense to have most of the options left to the one who has a lot more issues to deal with if conception happened. It hardly effects men, but women's whole lives change pretty much.

Also, condoms are the devil. I've actually turned down getting laid a few times because I would've had to use one.