Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    A good story is what can make or break a game without one the game might as well never of been made
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

I really hope the combat isn't like Origin's. Origin's combat was awful, I hated it. There was nothing fun about it. DA2 combat was a lot better, but the rest of the game was bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    I really hope the combat isn't like Origin's. Origin's combat was awful, I hated it. There was nothing fun about it. DA2 combat was a lot better, but the rest of the game was bad.
    I keep running into you >.>
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Is this supposed to be more open world? I enjoy open world RPGs like Skyrim, but I also like linear heavy story driven RPGs like DA:O and Mass Effect. I hope this is more DA:O than Skyrim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    Is this supposed to be more open world? I enjoy open world RPGs like Skyrim, but I also like linear heavy story driven RPGs like DA:O and Mass Effect. I hope this is more DA:O than Skyrim.
    Not true open world as DA:I is not seamless. Instead each 'zone' is very large and highly explorable. The reason it is not true open world is because, in the words of a developer, 'it wouldn't make sense to make the player walk 40,000 miles to get from Ferelden to Orlais'. Combat is a bit more like DA:O than DAII as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh... I'm reserving judgment, and interest, until after launch.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Deleted
    looks fucking awesome, real "next gen" improvement to the series.

Was that a dwarf statue on the rock outcropping in the coastal area? Looks like one of the paragon dwarf statues from Orzammar. *drools*

after the disappointment of Awakening and Dragon Age 2 (both decent and worth playing but lacking the depth of Origins and seeming so very average in comparison) I promised myself I wouldn't get my hopes high for DA3. but the more I've read and seen of DA:I I have to admit, the more excited I'm getting about it. if they can make it even half as good as Origins was then it'll easily be the best game since
    funnily enough the same thing happened with Elder Scrolls. while Oblivion was fun for a while I found it to be a huge step down from Morrowind and the main quest and most faction quest chains were too tedious and predictable so I didn't have high expectations for future games in the series. Shivering Isles won me over though, largely because of the humour I suspect, and Skyrim managed to grab my attention during previews and turned out to be a return to quality
    hopefully BioWare will pull off something similar

while unconfirmed it's always seemed that the biggest problems in the development of Awakening and Dragon Age 2 were that of time. BioWare and EA have denied them being rushed but they were released in rather rapid succession after Origins and were much shorter and offering far, far less replay value than Origins (which had been in development for several years, rumour says the plot outline was even originally written as Baldur's Gate 3 before copyright issues blocked that but I don't think that was ever confirmed) and the fact that DA:I was pushed back from the original release date and we've heard/read excited and passionate comments from the dev team about how they're making use of this time all serve to give me hope that BioWare may be given free reign this time to do what they do best; create works of art

I kind of prefer it when worlds aren't completely seamless. I think it allows for more flexible and more believable worldbuilding. Seamless worlds like Skyrim suffer very much from a kind of "compression" syndrome where things don't really feel natural and the developer feels that there has to be something interesting around every corner.

Deleted
    I liked DA:O (and Awakening) and DA2 a lot, so looking forward to this one. Graphics look pretty too! Bioware is yet to let me down.

It's going to look weird with the cartoony graphics for the monsters and characters.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldNSilence View Post
    It's going to look weird with the cartoony graphics for the monsters and characters.
    Cartoony?

What are you on and where can I get some?

Quote Originally Posted by GoldNSilence View Post
    sorry could you please clarify which of these is cartoony?

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    I want that hat
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Hoping its good but tbh im thinking it can easily go both ways either a great or bad game!