Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    They are to blame for making the gameplay experience of the english-speaking players on those servers even worse.

You don't understand the situation. Neither the Czech nor the English players are getting anything out of it, because they can't play together. The Czech players don't want to play with the English players, and the English players can't play with the Czech players, because the Czech players reject them and refuse to speak English. If anything it has made the situation worse for the English players, but not better for anyone.
    Ahh... I did not think it like that, my mistake, you are actually very very right, this is kinda bad for the english minority.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    They are to blame for making the gameplay experience of the english-speaking players on those servers even worse.
    See you're talking about this like Blizzard put up a big signpost saying that everyone from one country should play here. That is a PLAYER-CREATED problem.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post

It's an "english realm" that happens to have a high population of czech speaking players on the opposite faction to the OP. Blizz has decided to merge another English realm that also actually speaks Czech but this time it's a high Czech population for his faction and so his own faction will now end up with a lot of Czech being spoken. The problem will get worse over time as it's where all the Czech speaking players will naturally migrate and then gradually English speakers start to leave the realm when they can't communicate... Vicious circle for the English speakers.
    Contacting blizzard for an answer would be the best solution. Although if I was to sit here and guess I would say they don't care. They are perfectly fine with language barriers with the Spanish speaking realms mixing in with English ones so I don't see why they'd have any concern over this matter either.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no wrong actions here, as the servers aren't officially a different language other than English. It is just normal for others to find their way to servers where people of their own language reside due to personal reasons. But officually, these aren't any other language than English.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth View Post
    FCMs don't cost Blizz anything, so they're going to be gambling that they're going to make more money from transfers than lost subs.
    Well they are doing that since years.
    Obviously though it's retarded that those server were connected as if there weren't enough other servers available.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    In all honesty, as much as I dislike Blizz milking paid transfers, in this situation, I have to agree with them. I doubt the percentages are as drastic as in your example. So you will be in minority, meaning less then 50% - it may be 49 or 25, we don't know. Nevertheless, your economy should start thriving, higher population realms attract new players who more often then not are completely clueless about potential "national"power balancing, chances are, you will also get people transferring from those realms that are low pop but have been designated as suitable for new players, as such, not on the list for connection any time soon, and let me tell you being on one, it sucks when trying to recruit for end game

And last but not least - there is no charter of any sort saying the English speaking people should always be in majority - it's also not feasible for any game company to create dedicated realms for all nations. It's much harder for most non native English speakers to play any game. We need to make the effort to learn the language to understand the game in the first place. Majority of gamers from different countries can communicate in English and other languages to some degree; we don't all like to stick to national guilds, in fact - many love to mingle and meet people from other places in the world, speak/learn whatever other languages we happen to come across if it's necessary, join English or International communities.

Honestly think you are exaggerating the issue - your guildies won't vanish over night when the merge happens, you'll still have everyone you know around you, plus whatever English speaking population is on another realm - that's more, not less, no matter how you look at things.

If someone is talking in a foreign language that you can't understand, it usually means it's not meant for you anyhow Oh, and not understanding trade spam, is actually a blessing, not a curse!

Back in Cata, we had an app form a Dane, that was fed up with the local Danish guild. App was poorly written, language wise, but we could see he has put a lot of effort into constructing it. Had a little chat that involved one of our English speaking Danes being the translator while on TS and tossed him an invite. Not only did he prove to be one of the best raiders our guild has ever seen, despite not even understanding some spoken commands initially; an awesome all around person, and in less then a year, became fluent in English, while we became fluent in all Danish naughty words - very handy on our realm

There is an equal amount of twats, regardless of nationality, there are awesome people and players across the board as well. One would think it's more beneficial to be more interested in company of good people and good players, instead of nationality X only, regardless of what they represent.

Buy yourself a Czech beer, and relax Or, if you can afford it, visit Prague, it's lovely. So are the women

And no, I'm not Czech.

You can get exact numbers from wowprogress, but i believe when i looked yesterday that my faction has 280 people and we speak English, we're being connected to 4000+ Czech speakers. I visited the server and was told that if i want English i should transfer.

It is not a player caused issue, because Blizz know these server factions are Czech. Otherwise they wouldn't have chosen this pair. Therefore Blizz have taken this action knowing that there will be English speaking casualties.

In all of this I make no judgement on behaviour - I'm not stereotyping Czech players. I'm only concerned about language barriers.
    Last edited by Mammoth; 2014-03-07 at 01:25 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source

10+ Year Old Account
    Grim Batol EU (English) is merged with Aggra EU (Portuguese).

It is a cluster fuck in trade/general.

Morally: No
    Ethically: No
    Legally: Yes
    Business-wise: Yes

Of course, that's all imo.

Source

Ok?

Are you aware that quite a few connections have people raging at each other when they speak the same language and are mostly americans over here?

The two servers were dead and apparently nothing changed with the official language of the server. I'm really failing to understand the source of your complaint. Here in the US we had a handful of servers that went for years and all the sudden got dominated by Portuguese, or Spanish, or Chinese speakers. Blizzard can't really control player sourced interactions like this short of making an official server for the Czechs and giving them free transfers there. That still leaves you needing a merger.

Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    I don't understand your problem. Nothing's changing, other than you're receiving more Czech players, and possibly a few more English players too. It's not as if you're suddenly losing all your English-speaking friends to the Twisting Nether during the transfer. You'll simply be able to PuG H.Scenarios with random Czech players now.

he means this. Burning blade was pre merge speaking english in trade. now its like this... constantly.

there has also been sells like "wts X item. 15k for Czechs, 30k rest"

You'll simply be able to PuG H.Scenarios with random Czech players now
    yeaaah no. i tried. 11 different ppl. said inv, they responded "czhech??" i answer English. no replay... try to whisper again. "bla bla is ignoring you".

they just refuse to accept us english speaking
    Last edited by Sunnydee; 2014-03-26 at 10:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

I think it's a pretty shitty move, but they probably didn't intend for half of any server to speak a different language than the other half, either. Just an accident of chance that the server/faction communities coalesced in that way.

On the bright side, look at it this way: the Czechs are more likely to know English than the other way around, because hey, it's English; it's fucking everywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

I'd personally be infuriated if my server became a different language, even if it was my own mothertongue.

Blizzard is obliged to nothing as it was never officially a czech server, the only thing you can do is call attention to the problem by posting on the official forums and making tickets. Also, report anyone who speaks a foreign language in /2 or refuses to accept you because of your nationality/lack thereof. That's not allowed anyway and bannable.

Edit: Also, no, I don't think anything will change. But you can try.
    Last edited by Cirque; 2014-03-27 at 02:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Ok?

Are you aware that quite a few connections have people raging at each other when they speak the same language and are mostly americans over here?

The two servers were dead and apparently nothing changed with the official language of the server. I'm really failing to understand the source of your complaint. Here in the US we had a handful of servers that went for years and all the sudden got dominated by Portuguese, or Spanish, or Chinese speakers. Blizzard can't really control player sourced interactions like this short of making an official server for the Czechs and giving them free transfers there. That still leaves you needing a merger.
    There is a difference between expecting people from different realms to get along, and expecting people who dont speak the same language to function together.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    There is a difference between expecting people from different realms to get along, and expecting people who dont speak the same language to function together.
    its actually even worse, blizzard seems to have knowingly merged 2 servers with heavy cz majority factions. They knew exactly what collateral impact was. (does anyone want to argue that the company they say is omniscient in so many useful aspects doesn't know what servers are using what language mostly and they drew these two out of a hat with zero knowledge of the convenient language convergence?_)

but as far as impacting blizzard behavior, I firmly think that the only thing Activision-Blizzard understands is money, and if enough people from a localized realm quit giving it to them, they will know next time that they might expect this, if they don't already. won't change anything this time, of course.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

Blizz have paired these realms because they know they are Czech speaking. Its fine with me to have a Czech realm, but Blizz have completely ignored the English speaking factions in this connection. The English speaking BB Horde and DT Alliance are going to lose the ability to communicate with others on the server. The right thing to do would be to allow the English speaking players to free transfer.

Is it okay for Blizz to ignore us? The MVPs on the official forums certainly believe so. Paid transfers or stick to only talking in your guild.
    This reminds of Warsong US. Not saying it is the same problem. But that server had a mixed of English and non-English players. The majority were the non-English, Brazilian players. There were numerous complaints from both that the others should be given free transfer and move off the server.

Blizzard eventually did that. Gave them a free transfer off the server to a Brazilian server. So most of the Brazilian did just that. The English player got their wish that the Brazilian has their own server. Brazilian got their wish of having their server.

What happened next? It killed the server. It is now dead. And now the remaining English speaking players are now asking for free transfer to a more populated server.

First Blizzard gave the English players what they wanted, free transfer for the Brazilian players to their own server. And now the English player moans about being on a dead server and want free transfer, which was available before which they did not take because they wanted Brazilian off the server, to another server.

Poetic justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Herradura View Post
    I think it's a pretty shitty move, but they probably didn't intend for half of any server to speak a different language than the other half, either. Just an accident of chance that the server/faction communities coalesced in that way.

On the bright side, look at it this way: the Czechs are more likely to know English than the other way around, because hey, it's English; it's fucking everywhere.
    Blizz knew what they were doing, they chose to merge two Cz realms, its the under populated English factions that are losing out.

The Czech players are more likely to know English, but they just don't want to. They want to raid in Czech, so we can't play with them.

We're pretty much at the point where it is going to cost me £100 to move my characters with all their history.

Not a peep from Blizz on the issue btw.
    Source