Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Whats so hard about this guys?

Why can't blizzard give us content that will last an entire year? I mean, they know how easy their raids are judging by how fast people clear it. Most people have killed Garrosh on whatever difficulty already and SOME guilds/people DON'T CARE for hard mode content. And even then, they honestly expect people to raid the same raid over and over again for what? A year? I don't get it.

The PvP this season is literally recycled in every aspect of the word. It is not even a different color. They turned the knob from 10 to 11 and called it done. No effort there. Everybody who wants to PvP now needs to farm an identical set and do the same comps for what is basically a mirror of the previous season.

Somebody give me a reason as to why creating content that can last a long time (6+ months) is hard. I remember back in Vanilla when there were like 3 or 4 raids to pick from on any given night. Why did it take my guild 3 months to clear BWL, and only 2 weeks to Siege Org. It doesn't add up anymore.

So now, we are expected to sit here, with a recycled PvP season, with the same raids, same everything, for some unknown amount of time.
    Wheres the filler content/"more updates" they promised?

Disclaimer: I am not speaking for myself. I am just asking the question.
    Last edited by Not Againnn; 2014-03-07 at 05:56 PM.

So how do you suggest Blizzard cater to people who want content to last longer but are unwilling to participate in the next step of raiding (heroic) that naturally extends the life of PvE content? What a restrictive mindset. It sounds like people who don't care enough about tactics and improving themselves to progress finally zerg down a boss with 3 people alive and yell "WHERE'S THE REST?"

My advice to those people: Use the content available or stop whining.

Heroic content is lasting plenty long. You can also just do what a lot of reasonable people probably do and just unsub if you aren't playing. The game is built around millions of people, Blizzard can't babysit you.

Edit: And yeah, the PvP gear is lazy and the lack of crafted entry gear shows poor planning, but it's still a new season and if you have the competitive drive, gear is just a means to a higher rating, regardless of what it looks like.

Deleted
    certain people will always want to race through the content so to give them a year of content you would be making content that next to no one would see and if it was a true year of content the strain of trying to be high on the first list would cause an immense amount of burn out and actually lead to more people leaving.

WoW run at high end on the fact people want to power through content, if you made than an unending struggle, it would mean these people who put long raid times in during the first week would then have to do it for the entire year, meaning they would ahve a choice of doing what they enjoy in WoW and going for firsts, or have a life and walk away from the game.

Raids are cleared quicker because people are better players / youtube has tactics / logs exist and class tutorials are available everywhere.

New content? Like pet battles / proving grounds/ Isle of Thunder and TI? Yeah, they've done nothing.

Even completely ignoring Heroic mode, last I checked regular Garrosh was pretty low in the kill percentage of raiders, but that was a few months ago.
    Also I don't know about you, but I still have tons left to do outside raiding that I just haven't bothered to do yet, like endless Proving grounds, Brawler's Guild, Emperor Shaohao's rep, pet battles, etc. And still have 4 more bosses to down on heroic in addition to that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    So how do you suggest Blizzard cater to people who want content to last longer but are unwilling to participate in the next step of raiding (heroic) that naturally extends the life of PvE content? What a restrictive mindset. It sounds like people who don't care enough about tactics and improving themselves to progress finally zerg down a boss with 3 people alive and yell "WHERE'S THE REST?"

My advice to those people: Use the content available or stop whining.

Heroic content is lasting plenty long. You can also just do what a lot of reasonable people probably do and just unsub if you aren't playing. The game is built around millions of people, Blizzard can't babysit you.

Edit: And yeah, the PvP gear is lazy and the lack of crafted entry gear shows poor planning, but it's still a new season and if you have the competitive drive, gear is just a means to a higher rating, regardless of what it looks like.
    Agreed. If you demand change from someone, at the very least offer a solution. Otherwise, it's just a needy pity grab.

Deleted
    Hard, isn't really the word I would use for vanilla raids. A total lack of good gearing and horrible combinations, and required a loooong time to get gear that was actually suited for a raid situation and not just standard dungeons.
    That and now we can go on so many sites and get an exact guide of how to do the raid, and if everybody actually knows what to do, it gets a lot easier. Raids in vanilla, 5-10 people know the strategy, 5-10 have a slight idea, 20 people grinded enough to get raid gear and showed up and pushed buttons.

Harder, yes because gear was god awful and took soooo long to get and a total lack of strategic playing from a large part of your group. Actual hard mechanics, no not really, unforgiving like shit but not the hardest content in a MMO throughout the years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Againnn View Post
    Most people have killed Garrosh already
    On Flex or LFR.

Because it keeps working. They have a lull they plan their content cycle around and fully expect a lapse in subs during and see no reason to break from that gameplan because they know all it takes is a little hype here and there and people start subbing back up as pre-patches arrive and the anticipation for the new xpac builds.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Because it keeps working. They have a lull they plan their content cycle around and fully expect a lapse in subs during and see no reason to break from that gameplan because they know all it takes is a little hype here and there and people start subbing back up as pre-patches arrive and the anticipation for the new xpac builds.
    They also know they went from 12 million to 7.5 million subs within a few years and "they'll come back" doesn't actually work. It's just that the company is so successful that changing the formula isn't "required." Now, if it were run by a typical CEO they'd be getting the whip and we'd be getting tons of content all the time... and pay 2 win would happen fairly quickly.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Why don't they design content that can last longer than a few months?

so blizz gives us 10 levels i complete level 1 and now im done they honestly expect us to farm level 1 for the a year?? wtf

Quote Originally Posted by Part View Post
    so blizz gives us 10 levels i complete level 1 and now im done they honestly expect us to farm level 1 for the a year?? wtf
    what about the people who have done everything already content wise

They need to introduce random generating map dungeons like Diablo dungeons. With random objectives.

Vanilla was so hard, the game has been dummed down so much, im off to spam frost bolt on a vanilla private server, that's where the real talent is at
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    They need to introduce random generating map dungeons like Diablo dungeons. With random objectives.
    This would be amazing

As far as content outside of raids I suppose it is true they haven't done much for 5.4 and it bugs me too they gave us a raid tier and catch up island, but complaining about the raid and saying you have no desire to do hard mode is hardly a way to argue. Less than 1% of the player base has killed more than 6 bosses in heroic, heroic is a completely different ball park than normal and if you have no drive to do heroic you can't complain about raiding lacking content, though I agree 1 year long tiers are annoying.

No matter how amazingly perfect Blizzard makes the content, people are still going to get bored of it after 2 months. A year of ICC was absolutely brutal, and if it weren't for the Heroic modes being ridiculously challenging, and the filler raid, and Cata hype, subs would have tanked by a billion. With LFR and Flex, the raids have become increasingly accessible, and since they are more accessible, they are defeated more often, and since they are defeated more often, people get bored of it super quickly.

In ICC's case, a majority of 'casual' raiders never really saw it past Sindragosa, and having Kingslayer was still pretty prestigious near the end of the expansion.
    You just lost The Game

They should make content that doesn't get boring or dull.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Againnn View Post
    They should make content that doesn't get boring or dull.
    Why don't you make suggestions instead of saying the same thing four times?

It's just bait, total bait.