Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Welcome to the new WoW buddy. In this current WoW, there is no progression. As soon as a tier becomes old, blizzard dumbs it down and makes it so people can go back, not for progression/gearing, but to get achievements or transmog. It's just what the mass wants... they don't want challenging dungeons that requires months of progression to clear. The issue is blizzard created too many difficulties, some of which are TOO easy. LFR should have never been created because it's a flawed idea. It's too stupidly easy and it has to be that way because if they actually required you to follow mechanics, nothing would get done. Ever since they released it, that has become the standard for many raiders today. They just abuse LFR until the next content patch and then they rinse and repeat. I can't fathom why someone would be content doing LFR and nothing else. It's almost like watching a game rather than playing. I wouldn't have an issue with LFR if people wouldn't then complain afterwards claiming there isn't enough content. If someone complains that there isn't enough content and they themselves haven't pushed to defeat every tier on heroic, then they haven't beaten the game. I could go play skyrim and turn it to the lowest difficulty which would make everything stupidly easy. I wouldn't do that though because it ruins the adventure and everything I earn doesn't hold much value since it required no effort to obtain. Though I do agree blizzard half assed the last season and they don't really have a good excuse why they couldn't create a new set of PvP gear. If people are complaining why there isn't enough solo content, they can just shove a sock in their mouth. It's solo content that's ruining this game and this game wasn't built on the idea of solo content. It wasn't until mid wotlk that blizzard started to cater to those players and now it's flourished to the point where people demand more solo content. W/e, I don't play the game anymore because blizzard would rather cater to the mass than to their original fans from the get go, what a shame.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

The problem is they make you do the same raid over and over. LFR, Flex, Normal, Heroic.

Back in BC, once you've done Kara, you would move on to Zul'Aman, then SCC and TK, etc.

Personnaly, that's a key reason why I grow tired of raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vinki11 View Post
    The problem is they make you do the same raid over and over. LFR, Flex, Normal, Heroic..
    yeah exactly. and thats also why they merged 25man and 10man lockouts. The idea was you should only be able to kill a boss once per week and you decide which mode you want to kill it on. That is a fine model and a good one. I respected that design decision despite the crazy community outcry.

But they slipped or didn't stick with this idea and its landslided to the point where you can kill a boss THREE times now per week. LFR + Flex + NM/H

Then compound that if you have an alt, (alot of people do now since last tier) and it's a little much IMO. Cut it back to one kill and the content will last longer.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    yeah exactly. and thats also why they merged 25man and 10man lockouts. The idea was you should only be able to kill a boss once per week and you decide which mode you want to kill it on. That is a fine model and a good one. I respected that design decision despite the crazy community outcry.

But they slipped or didn't stick with this idea and its landslided to the point where you can kill a boss THREE times now per week. LFR + Flex + NM/H

Then compound that if you have an alt, (alot of people do now since last tier) and it's a little much IMO. Cut it back to one kill and the content will last longer.
    Which makes it even worse in WoD, as there are now 4 chances on getting loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    On Flex or LFR.
    hey man i'm sorry but didn't they even say that LFR is endgame for a lot of people?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Raids are cleared quicker because people are better players / youtube has tactics / logs exist and class tutorials are available everywhere.

New content? Like pet battles / proving grounds/ Isle of Thunder and TI? Yeah, they've done nothing.
    Or you know...LFR...

Doubt TBC would be cleared faster by the average player if it would be released now.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    They need to introduce random generating map dungeons like Diablo dungeons. With random objectives.
    Yes Please.

Delay LFR/LFG

Now this doesn't mean decrease the reward value, no tier, etc. This means that when a raid is released, delay the release of LFR by a few months. This means LFR is maybe a tier/raid behind the current content and after say 3-6 months it's released. This extends the life of a raid by just a little bit as suddenly you have to run flex/normal to heroic if you want it right now. But just as you're starting to feel burnt out, LFR releases, now you can run your alts/less motivated friends.

Same applies to LFG. When LFG debuted in WOTLK, it didn't really affect much because everyone was familiar/geared up enough that you were just doing for the badges/point daily. So pretty much the only ones who relied on it heavily were starting/returning players or alt gearing. And yeah this worked well since the new players were put together with vets who could show them the ropes, only half of the grp was actually trying to gear up.

But in Cata we suddenly see the problem of this random instant, unlimited use system. Whereas in previous xpacs you could only run a heroic once a day. If your stuff didn't drop, you had to wait until tomorrow to try again. Well, what does this mean? It means that players burning out the content and gearing up takes a huge delay. Sure the best of the best are prepared for this with gold/professions/skill to mitigate it, but for the average players who aren't just min/maxing 24/7 this worked.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    On Flex or LFR.
    Relevant..how? A kill is a kill, the encounter is the same, the RP and lore is the same. Only minor mechanics and difficulty change; kill Garrosh in LFR, guess what, you're done, unless you have a personal conviction to do it "harder", which is subjective.

+0

If blizzard develop content that takes the top guilds several months to clear the other 99% will literally never be able to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    Relevant..how? A kill is a kill, the encounter is the same, the RP and lore is the same. Only minor mechanics and difficulty change; kill Garrosh in LFR, guess what, you're done, unless you have a personal conviction to do it "harder", which is subjective.

+0
    Because originally OP's post said most players have killed Garrosh I believe, and didn't have the "On any difficulty", so the point was most normal raiders haven't killed him yet, which is relevant, because it clearly means people still have something to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Againnn View Post
    They should make content that doesn't get boring or dull.

That is easier said than done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

Raiding =/= everything,

I am 14/14H, raiding is my thing... I accept that when I clear the tier, I am done, that is MY end game. I now login 1-3 times a week MAX just to help others raid.

Just like some people will say killing diablo in D3 was the end of the game while others enjoy to push themselves and gear up or play more characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post

+0

The Lore is totally the same...the encounter isn't. Mechanics you can ignore become meaningful in higher difficulties...and in some there are even different mechanics! Gasp. This makes how each encounter plays in each difficulty different.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    New content? Like pet battles / proving grounds/ Isle of Thunder and TI? Yeah, they've done nothing.
    Not to mention the "ultimate big draw that loads and loads of our precious resources are being spent making" of the next expansion...NEW MODELS!!!1111

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm quite frankly overwhelmed by all the stuff I have yet to do. Farming mounts, farming rares for the [Going To Need A Bigger Bag], progressing in heroic content, etc etc. I think I'll stay busy til the end of MoP, and even then I'll still be doing the rares and mount farming well into WoD if RNG doesn't start workign with me.
    "Don't be a dick, be a dude."
    my warrior
    [ twitter| twitch]

back then there were no raid difficulties so imagine if raiding right now were just on heroic. most guilds would need months to clear them so yea
    also theres so much stuff besides raiding, even for someone like myself that never made an alt theres just a lot to do (and i dont even raid)

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopped in the thread, skimmed over OP's post, then realized what OP's name is. Thanks for making my day.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Againnn View Post
    what about the people who have done everything already content wise
    You know the guilds that complete heroic raid tier within a few weeks and then get very little to do actually like it that way...

If you listen to interviews of guilds like Paragon and Method they actually don't want to be doing hardcore progression for more than 2-3 weeks. They put in an insane ammount of preperation and raid hours over that short period then they get to relax and prepare for what comes next.

For everyone else the content lasts plenty long enough. My 10 player guild only got it's heroic Garrosh kill a couple of weeks ago and we we were still in the top 300 10 player guilds.. The raid has been out for over 5 months and yet still only about 0.1% of players had beaten the content..

1 of our officers left our guild the day after our heroic Garrosh kill BECAUSE he wanted to be able to clear the content within a month or so and then just raid 1 day a week.

The only way they are going to make the content last longer is to up the difficulty.. All Blizz would achieve by doing that is make the hardcore raiders take longer to clear and burn them out to the point they quit...

While anyone below that top 100 - 200 or so guilds would just have no chance of ever clearing a heroic raid tier.

Is this a real question?

This is like asking someone to build a rollercoaster and then you get on it and go for a ride and expect them to be done building the next one by the time you're done.