Page 1 of 5
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Free race change in WoD?

    Due to MASSIVE racials overhaul it would be fair, to offer one time FREE race change for everyone.

    Whats your opinion guys? Do we deserve it or not?

    Moderator Note: Changed the thread title. Please do not make misleading threads?
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2014-03-06 at 11:17 PM.

  2. #2

  3. #3
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On WoW
    Posts
    357
    Misleading thread is misleading
    "No flying - no sub" Club
    I'm a vanilla player, but was a noob until wrath, so I'm more considered a "wrath baby"

  4. #4
    Stood in the Fire Smitus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    MA, USA
    Posts
    489
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapo View Post
    No
    /10 letters
    why would blizzard give away free money
    Smitus! Of the guild <Smitus and Friends> on Sargeras, formally on Turalyon.
    http://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/...us+and+Friends
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...mitus/advanced

  5. #5
    Stood in the Fire NecroGangster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    My bedroom
    Posts
    350
    No, but I wouldn't mind character features change.

    Also, very misleading title.

  6. #6
    Titan Arbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    11,602
    We dont deserve anything, except access to are characters & the servers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    TL;DR: Did raiding kill WoW? Nope. But catering the game to people who clearly shouldn't be playing it did.

  7. #7
    Field Marshal Deathnander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    70
    A few months ago I would have agreed with you, but as the new character models resemble the old ones so well, I am going to say no. There's just no real need for it.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    We dont deserve anything, except access to are characters & the servers.
    Our* towOface

    No support,

    Blizzard knows people will pay for it, why would they pass up the cash?

  9. #9
    The Insane peggleftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Kingston,London, England
    Posts
    17,339
    don't think they will offer free race change, would love a free recustomisation though d:
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    This has nothing to do with race. It was not classified a hate crime, and your attempt to race-bait the forum by turning into a black/white issue is not acceptable.
    ^Proper moderation on mmo-c!

  10. #10
    Titan Arbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    11,602
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    Our* towOface

    No support,

    Blizzard knows people will pay for it, why would they pass up the cash?
    Kappa, Mhm you know the drill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    TL;DR: Did raiding kill WoW? Nope. But catering the game to people who clearly shouldn't be playing it did.

  11. #11
    Legendary! Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Posts
    6,953
    We don't really deserve it but it probably will not happen. Blizzard is a company and all companies want to make money, they wouldn't pass up on this money making opportunity.

  12. #12
    The Lightbringer Kezotar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    3,509
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    We dont deserve anything, except access to are characters & the servers.
    woow..

    you're deep deep deep webbed.

  13. #13
    Blizzard and free go together like Sasha Grey and virginity

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by z4x View Post
    Due to MASSIVE racials overhaul it would be fair, to offer one time FREE race change for everyone.

    Whats your opinion guys? Do we deserve it or not?
    You sort of get one-upped there, because you get a free level 90 instead. Consider that an opportunity to change class and race.

  15. #15
    Moderator MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Metachronopolis
    Posts
    18,416
    Moved the thread to the correct forum and changed the thread title.

    Discussing moderation is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Send a PM if that's not clear. Don't put it in a thread.
    Please report problem posts instead of responding to them.
    Forum FAQ. Read it.
    Post about the topic, not about one another.

    Treat me like anyone else unless you're breaking rules or we need to do site business. I play. I have likes and dislikes. We're not that different.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    Blizzard knows people will pay for it, why would they pass up the cash?
    To show that they arent changing them JUST TO rob us on paid services?

  17. #17
    Legendary! Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Posts
    6,953
    Quote Originally Posted by gamon12 View Post
    Blizzard and free go together like Sasha Grey and virginity
    Eheheh Ehehhehe ehehehehehehe

  18. #18
    Pit Lord Sylreick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,378
    There's less reason for a race change than an appearance re-customization, and they didn't even want to offer that (may still not offer it, if they keep that 'use old model' button in the interface).

    If you play a race for its racials, you will be shit outta luck. They will most likely continue to add races in the future, and those races may have better racials than your current one. Seems silly to keep offering free race changes because of that.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

  19. #19
    Changing races is changing a number in a SQL table. The only valid reason for them to take money for it, is that else people would constantly flip their races and ruin the immersion for everybody. Every reason else is just plain and simple greed.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Moved the thread to the correct forum and changed the thread title.
    Dude, you made me look like retard who puts double question mark in thread title.

    Thanks.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •