Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes.

/10chars
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

Would be nice to have topics instead of having to filter through one super long thread

Quote Originally Posted by Grantji View Post
    You want discuss the game with a larger amount of people and more variety - go to a dedicated fanpage.
    Personally, I like the intimacy of the MMO-C forums. Not only am I not overwhelmed by the amount of posts you typically see on official forums (or dedicated fan sites), but I know and/or recognize a lot of the posters from other games/threads.

Megathreads are extremely awkward. I think they work well in sub forums, in kind of a 'simple question/simple answer' sort of way, but not to encompass a game as a whole. There are too many people essentially trying to 'talk over' one another and sometimes a couple of posters can end up hijacking it for pages while others get lost in the confusion. (A good example of that would be the 2-person debate on auction houses in MMOs. :P)
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, when it launches it might get one. Same with Wildstar. But they'd also need to recruit mods for both of them if they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Well, when it launches it might get one. Same with Wildstar. But they'd also need to recruit mods for both of them if they do.
    Im sure plenty of people would want to sign up for mod.

Also ESO is going to be huge. Definitely deserves its own sub forum.

Yeah, Hereos of the Storm deserves a subforums even if its still in beta, also there is some wildly "popular" minecraft (whic is not even freakin mmo !) subforum, but ESO get "we will see".

Quote Originally Posted by mercutiouk View Post
    I appreciate mmo-champion is basically a WoW forum but it might be worth making yourself a bit more welcoming to others as WoW won't last forever
    I feel like it's time that MMOs other than WoW get some news on the front page. Maybe highlight the Blizzard-related posts or something.

Even if hype/demand for a subforum dies down significantly a 6 months after release, it's probably still worth a subform for the interim.

Deleted
    I support this idea

10+ Year Old Account
    I know it will happen shortly after release. It did for all the other popular non blizzard online games.

By popular, I mean at release haha.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2014-03-29 at 11:45 PM.

Just throwing my hat into the ring as well

The game will earn its subforum... sooner or later... with sub or F2P... it will get one...

Requesting this as well.

Now that the game is live (for early access, at least), it should really get its own subforum.

They'll only need to delete the forum in 1month anyway, what's the point?

Give it a few months before making sub forums, the Rift and Star Wars: The Old Republic subforums might are pretty desolate as far as I can see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Give it a few months before making sub forums, the Rift and Star Wars: The Old Republic subforums might are pretty desolate as far as I can see.
    And yet those sub forums are still around? I don't have much insight into the voo-doo magic that is the internet so what does having an extra forum do to hinder the website as a whole? Even low use is still more use then there was before right?

Quote Originally Posted by Flalia4 View Post
    And yet those sub forums are still around? I don't have much insight into the voo-doo magic that is the internet so what does having an extra forum do to hinder the website as a whole? Even low use is still more use then there was before right?
    Because though only a few people post in them people do still use them regularly. However, having tons of forums with only a handful of people using them isn't ideal, which is why we now always say that we wait for a month or two after a game launches to see how it's doing before a forum is added.

Seems pointless - until the game actually gets released and gets big - i say no.

Activity has died down some.

We'll have to wait and see what unfolds.