Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

The Sea of Zangar - Possible Underwater Zone?

What's up folks

Hearing about the Sea of Zangar, how Zangarmarsch is basically underwater, got me thinking.
    Wouldn't it be awesome to have a zone like Vashj'ir in a patch. Don't know what the lore would be. But it'd be great.

I know, for reasons I don't understand since Ive leveled through Vashjir 3 times, once with ranged and twice with mellee and I had ZERO problems whatsoever, that many qq about gameplay "problems".

But man; Vashjir was breathtaking and one of my favorite zones. A kind pf Underwater Zangarmarsh, and we would have all Outland zones recreated/before Outland.

Thoughts?

I liked Vashjir, it looked awesome and I didn't have trouble with navigating either, went through it on melee twice.

however many people disliked it because of the added movement in the Y axis in combat, don't think they will do an underwater zone again because of that. No matter how cool a combination of Zangarmarsh and Vashjir could look.

Also, it's quite cool to realize the Naga drained an entire sea into their cave during BC, thought they drained just a couple of lakes back then.

I'd be cool with it, so long as they have learned from Vashjir and can deliver a better experience.

Deleted
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/warlords-of-draenor/#world

Check out the fourth background image from the top. The one with a female Draenei on it, and the header: "Arise a Champion".

She's clearly in the Sea of Zangar.

It's not marked on the zone map, so I don't think it'll be a zone. But hopefully it's included in and split up between Talador, Nagrand, and Frostfire Ridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Magruun View Post
    I liked Vashjir, it looked awesome and I didn't have trouble with navigating either, went through it on melee twice.

however many people disliked it because of the added movement in the Y axis in combat, don't think they will do an underwater zone again because of that.

Also, it's quite cool to realize the Naga drained an entire sea into their cave during BC, thought they drained just a couple of lakes back then.
    There's nothing saying they drained the entire sea... the Draenor Explosion more than most likely caused a crap-ton of water loss at first from the sea... thus making it a series of large lakes.

Also consider that there are established settlements of land-living creatures in Zangarmarsh too. They couldn't have established their villages had the whole thing been always a sea.

Hopefully it's a skippable questing area. I know that there are people who really loved Vasjh'ir, and I agree that it was beautiful.

I simply can't stand underwater areas-- for some reason, I seem to have some sort of phobia or anxiety of unknown origin related to underwater "content" (in real life or in video games).

If they ever make a required underwater zone, I'm not going to be physically capable of playing it. So, while I don't want to deprive people of underwater areas, I really, really don't want a zone to be pushed even as much as Vasjh'ir was, and it was only "required" because it had a faction vendor in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post

Check out the fourth background image from the top. The one with a female Draenei on it, and the header: "Arise a Champion".

It's not marked on the zone map, so I don't think it'll be a zone. But hopefully it's included in and split up between Talador, Nagrand, and Frostfire Ridge.

That, and there is a fungal whale concept art, so I'm guessing yes, sea of zangar will indeed be a zone we can travel in.

Which would be sweet, I really loved Vashjir!

Deleted
    I hope one can put his garrison atop of one of these mushrooms, since you mentioned this zone ^^

It's not going to be an official zone. But it will probably be a shared area between 2 or 3 other surrounding zones.

Think Thousand Steps in Pandaria.

Quote Originally Posted by SyrahGrunt View Post
    I hope one can put his garrison atop of one of these mushrooms, since you mentioned this zone ^^
    that or some kind of little island or something. zangarmarsh was one of the only things i liked about bc.

ALSO, spore whales? well, how about sporeling dolphines?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    It's not going to be an official zone. But it will probably be a shared area between 2 or 3 other surrounding zones.

Think Thousand Steps in Pandaria.
    Explain please. What is Thousand Steps? It reminds me of something but I'm not sure what exactly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverrendy View Post
    Explain please. What is Thousand Steps? It reminds me of something but I'm not sure what exactly.
    The veiled Stair.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm excited to have a new underwater place to explore, especially if it's not a real zone and is filled with lots of interesting places to discover.

Also, I find it interesting that the continent is nearly bisected by Zangar Sea, and the rivers it creates stretch across the continent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Hopefully it's a skippable questing area. I know that there are people who really loved Vasjh'ir, and I agree that it was beautiful.

I simply can't stand underwater areas-- for some reason, I seem to have some sort of phobia or anxiety of unknown origin related to underwater "content" (in real life or in video games).

If they ever make a required underwater zone, I'm not going to be physically capable of playing it. So, while I don't want to deprive people of underwater areas, I really, really don't want a zone to be pushed even as much as Vasjh'ir was, and it was only "required" because it had a faction vendor in it.
    That's totally cool Daetur. So yeah, optional zone would be fantastic, just I can't see it being added later in the game as a leveling zone. Like the Isle of Thunder as 87-88 content. Unfortunately, if anything, it will be like a mini zone like some people said. I can hope, though! An underwater zone would make WoD my favorite expansion, totally.

OR maybe it is "oversea" zone, in which you battle onboard giant cruisers and pirate ships

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post

What ho, Mojo.

You're right and attentitive as always. I can hope!

The only problem with vashjir was it was hard to judge distances. Other then that combat was exactly the same as on land except with looking down being relevant.

That and Most parts of vashjir were pretty empty. Too big.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

I can relate to that, it scares the hell out of me. And the thought of some massive old god at the very bottom of it all creeps me out so much, but that feeling of being afraid actually thrills me a lot

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    I can relate to that, it scares the hell out of me. And the thought of some massive old god at the very bottom of it all creeps me out so much, but that feeling of being afraid actually thrills me a lot
    Yeah, it's not "fear" for me, it's anxiety. And, while I like creepy things, I don't like feeling anxious.

Deleted
    Yeah, it's not "fear" for me, it's anxiety. And, while I like creepy things, I don't like feeling anxious.
    The fish know all the secrets.
    In Ny'Alotha, even light must die.

Or however that goes :P