Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

How about a Gnome patch in WoD?

Since we're going back in time and stuff in WoD, how about a Gnome patch? Raid content set in some Gnomeregan looking place would be awesome imo.

I say this because I hate orcs, hate them. And Gnomes have no part in no stories ever it feels like.

What do you think?

What, Gnomes on Draenor?
    LF something funny to place here.

English isn't my native, sorry for possible mistakes

I'd like to see more Gnome lore, but I just don't see anything happening for them in WoD. Aside from Toshley's Station 2.0.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah yes, I do remember the story arc where the Gnomes straight up invaded Draenor. 'twas a dark day.

Fantastic Signature made by Maybenotquiteasheavy

Gno way that will happen

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Nikotin View Post
    What, Gnomes on Draenor?
    Not just Gnomes.... Sand Gnomes!

I love gnomes and have played one for many years as my main, but goddamn do I hate Gnomeregan. As much as I would love some more gnome lore, I know it'll just be some ridiculous "funny" stuff that we'll all just shake our heads at.

Deleted
    I think gnomes are pretty much a close chapter lorewise. We learnt in Ulduar that they used to be robots... we helped them somewhat in gnomeregan, and they help us a lot with their inventions and robots in large combat scenarios throughout the last expansions/dungeons.

The only thing that they could add.. is a closing chapter for gnomeregan liek regaining total control. But i don't see that coming.. like ever. They wont remove that dungeon.

Maybe a heroic mode revamp. That is the most plausible thing to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Not just Gnomes.... Sand Gnomes!
    You mean Nethergnomes of Doomed Sands?
    LF something funny to place here.

English isn't my native, sorry for possible mistakes

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Where a huge army of gnomes appears out of nowhere and we get a island full of gnomes, kill them for daily quests, and kill their leaders in a raid? I am ok with that. Moar gnome skulls for my throne.

A gnome patch would sure be a small one (See what I did there?)

I would not complain. But throw a bone to the goblins too, please. Some of us play Horde.

Technically the titans could have put mecha gnomes on any planet of their choosing. It would be cool if gnomes appeared on that content south of draneor.
    Chronomancer Club

Deleted
    i'd rather another troll patch and i'm fucking sick of trolls

Lore-wise gnomes are the most shallow playable race, and even more shallow than most non-playable races.

They don't have a lot of lore, and what lore they do have has comedic undertones. They're also unpopular with the playerbase in general. They make Pandaren look deadly serious and it's straight-up been stated that gnomes were pretty much tossed into WoW so the Alliance can have a thematic race for their faction.

They might get little moments like in SoO but don't ever expect a whole patch focused around them, at least not in WoD. People would hate that.

Deleted
    Gnomes really don't have any lore left. Gnomeregan has canonically been retaken now, and they're just going through the long process of decontaminating it. The story of the Gnome's origins has been tied up pretty neatly as well. Fortunately for Gnome fans they have a pretty constant presence in the Alliance due to their role of tech support, so there's at least plenty of opportunity for Gnome characters. Expanding the roster of Gnome characters beyond quirky, comedic tinkers would be good. Maybe a wise old Kirin Tor mage, or a naive Priestess. A deadly gnome assassin perhaps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I wouldn't say a combination with Draenor.

But the Gnomes do need an update to their lore. They had a peek of success, being allowed to assault Orgrimmar, laughing and cheering at the orcs reaction to their science. But else, they need more.

Maybe, finally, some updates to Gnomeregan, other than blowing up and radiating the place.. again. But don't think much in WoD, unless a master gnome finds to, as said before, building Toshley's Station again.. but.. BIGGER!?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Aakarshan View Post
    Lore-wise gnomes are the most shallow playable race, and even more shallow than most non-playable races.

They don't have a lot of lore, and what lore they do have has comedic undertones. They're also unpopular with the playerbase in general. They make Pandaren look deadly serious and it's straight-up been stated that gnomes were pretty much tossed into WoW so the Alliance can have a thematic race for their faction.

They might get little moments like in SoO but don't ever expect a whole patch focused around them, at least not in WoD. People would hate that.
    Gnomes have a small place in WOD really, helping SI7 retro engineer or analyze and find the weaknesses in the tech of the Iron Horde. But the tone of this expansion isn't really conducive for them at all, even with their serious side, WHICH I would contend does exist.

I think people need to lighten up however, this is Warcraft. Gnomes have a perfect place in Warcraft and feel absolutely part of "Warcraft" to me. They are the hobbits of this world, little tinker folk, the shoemaker's elves, it's an old theme in folklore they have a niche for. Sort of like Rumpelstiltskin, a very whimsical and lyrical folk, munchkins of Oz. They work if you can lighten up and remember what game this is.

They work well as cousins to the dwarves, and compliment the dwarves as room mates as refugees without a home. They should actually feel very close kinship to the Draenei in that Light. (haha get it, Draenei, Light? ) Bow they have their landing base established and something does need to happen there eventually on the surface in Dun Morogh.

If this is the super serious part of WOW inside the 4th wall, they still have a subdued and nuanced place as a tiny hobbit like tinker folk, sort of the little elven people who speak in riddles and rhymes, Santa's helper elves, and dwarves are like big giant hammer slamming Santas. They are something the Alliance would see as a kind of child like innocence to be protected, but also something capable of burning your flesh off your bones and flaying you alive if not magically using a spell to teleport a bomb inside of your stomach. They would be light hearted but fully capable of the gamut and spectrum of emotions. It's easy to pigeonhole them.

Warcraft is not The Game of Thrones, it's by definition a silly game. There is also a very serious part of the game, but it works together in a way that just blends together and stays apart usually in a tasteful balance of simultaneous alternate worlds, the cinematic worlds of the novels and comics and the 4th wall bending world of the in game living breathing place we inhabit and bring to lie. Things went over the line in Cataclysm with entire zones rendered into spoofs on Rambo and CSI, but gnomes are nothing like that. And Blizzard learned it's lesson. People who try and ignore one or the other just don't get it I guess.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Implacable View Post
    I think gnomes are pretty much a close chapter lorewise. We learnt in Ulduar that they used to be robots... we helped them somewhat in gnomeregan, and they help us a lot with their inventions and robots in large combat scenarios throughout the last expansions/dungeons.

The only thing that they could add.. is a closing chapter for gnomeregan liek regaining total control. But i don't see that coming.. like ever. They wont remove that dungeon.

Maybe a heroic mode revamp. That is the most plausible thing to come.
    Actually no. We still have not found out why there are sand gnomes and what's their story.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Actually no. We still have not found out why there are sand gnomes and what's their story.
    They could be a lost expedition that degenerated to a feral state over the years, or after exposure to Auchindoun's destruction. There's more than one way to teleport after all, and the gnomes possibly found a back door to Draenor that closed behind them.