Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    The Patient Thotor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    France
    Posts
    282
    Realm First push people to skip leveling content. They don't want that anymore.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Thotor View Post
    Realm First push people to skip leveling content. They don't want that anymore.
    It doesnt, it lets them investigate all leveling content closely on beta, and makes them see more of the leveling content then any regular player will ever see.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    It's not just for 2-3 people per class, it brings a server together when everyone gets to know the runners and people cheer for others.
    Then why don't we cry about not getting an achievement for cheering those people on too? It's the experience that matters in the end, right?
    So here's a thought, why not, for once, enjoy the experience of rushing through and ignoring all of the launch content instead of just spamming your achievement nobody cares about in Trade or whatever it is the World First crowd does?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Kael'thas 5/5, Deathrattle: summon a 5/5 Kael'thas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    It's like when you grunt when you hit the ball in tennis, the exhalation of air gives the shot more power.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Calling realm first achievements "content" makes me cringe. Just put them in, some people enjoy them and the whole fuss is over within a week.
    You're right, they're not content. They're dangling carrots that encourage people to exploit like crazy. I think about half the people who got realm first profession achievements on my server for Cata used some sort of exploit to max their professions in 15 minutes.

    So yeah, I guess people enjoyed doing them if they enjoyed exploiting. Which is against TOS. So off it goes, and good riddance.
    Quote Originally Posted by dexter44
    There is no patch for human stupidity
    Orihank is displeased.

  5. #25
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by willemh View Post
    As I wrote above, removing the realm first achievement actually will let me see less of the zones instead of more.

    Going for realm first: 1) Play trough all questzones slowly to figure out all quests, experience the whole story of every zone. 2) Try a few different leveling routes and figure out how much you need to do to reach max lvl. 3) Figure out what routes are most efficient/what quests are worth skipping. 4) Play your optimal route ~2-3 times.

    Not going for realm first: 1) Play trough some questzones at random, skip random quests/zones and miss half of the story.

    So this really is a bad argument.
    Same here, it might seem backward logic for some. But claiming removig the achievement will make people "enjoy the content" more is just wrong. People will speed level regardless of the achievement.

    Speed/marathon leveling is the closest thing to the propper hardcore progression raiding experience most people have an opertunity to get. that its removed really sucks =(

    --edit--

    To be honest I really dislike the entire achievement system, and rather see they removed the whole thing. But when they have it removing achievements like this seems really silly.
    Last edited by Lamelight; 2014-03-07 at 10:34 AM. Reason: added comment

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Exerus View Post
    Im glad blizz wont be adding realm first for leveling and profs this expansion, it ruins the experience of leveling. I felt the need to compete I couldnt pay attention to the story and game. And I always thought it was silly because blizz says that they wont let you fly till max level in previous expansions and this time it wont be till the first patch so you can experience the environment yet they put in something that gets you to rush through all of the content in a short time.
    indeed, I couldn't agree more.

    And I really don't understand why people are so obsessed with the achievements.

  7. #27
    Stood in the Fire Kanegasi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Posts
    356
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveZombie View Post
    Then why don't we cry about not getting an achievement for cheering those people on too? It's the experience that matters in the end, right?
    So here's a thought, why not, for once, enjoy the experience of rushing through and ignoring all of the launch content instead of just spamming your achievement nobody cares about in Trade or whatever it is the World First crowd does?
    I think you missed the part where I said I don't attempt any leveling firsts. Maybe I should've worded that to say I don't care for them, but the social experience I've had for Cata and MoP was entertaining. I'm not immaturely annoyed to the point where I'll go OMG BLIZURD IM QUITING CUZ THAT CHANG IS STUIPD, quite frankly I'll never quit over a change, but I am annoyed about the reasons they removed it for.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamelight View Post
    Same here, it might seem backward logic for some. But claiming removig the achievement will make people "enjoy the content" more is just wrong. People will speed level regardless of the achievement.

    Speed/marathon leveling is the closest thing to the propper hardcore progression raiding experience most people have an opertunity to get. that its removed really sucks =(

    --edit--

    To be honest I really dislike the entire achievement system, and rather see they removed the whole thing. But when they have it removing achievements like this seems really silly.
    May I ask what is really silly ? There are people who cheat to get that "silly" achievement . . .
    I remember the case from Ravencrest-EU, a druid got the achievement that way;
    Blizz removed his/her achievement at the beginin of MoP but a few months later he got the achievement as FOS AGAIN.
    So is this really FAIR apart from being "silly" ??

    At this point, yeah, I can see HOW "Speed/marathon leveling is the closest thing to the propper hardcore progression raiding experience"

    I'm just glad that Blizzard did something right finally.

  9. #29
    ib4 Realm First achievements cost to much and take away a raid wing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Exerus View Post
    Im glad blizz wont be adding realm first for leveling and profs this expansion, it ruins the experience of leveling. I felt the need to compete I couldnt pay attention to the story and game. And I always thought it was silly because blizz says that they wont let you fly till max level in previous expansions and this time it wont be till the first patch so you can experience the environment yet they put in something that gets you to rush through all of the content in a short time.
    Nobody puts a gun to your head and tell you "GET THAT F@#$IN REALM FIRST N#@@A"

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by willemh View Post
    Sucks they removed realm first leveling achievements. I managed to get realm first 85 and mage first 90.

    Preparing for the leveling process by playing the beta actually made me enjoy the questing experience allot. I managed to take a good look at all the quests multiple times while figuring out the fastest lvling path. Now they removed the achievement there is no point in actualyl checking out all the quests and I'll just rush trough it randomly after release.

    Silly thinking, acting like a realm first achievement is actually 'content' and creating 'content' for only 1-3 people is bad design makes no sense at all. I'm sure hundreds of people per server are going for realm first and it motivates many players to dive into the expansion the moment it gets released, which is an awesome experience for many.

    With no raids released the first week, and no realm first achievements available, what are you actually going to do the first week? Level to 90 day 1, get all dungeon gear day 2-3 and log off day 4-7?
    get a life ?

  11. #31
    Pandaren Monk Of-the-horde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Frankfurt am Main
    Posts
    1,954
    This is the biggest bullshit blizzard has done in a while. GG

  12. #32
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    104
    "levling-day" is definitly one of the most social days of the year on ts/vent/skype in most guilds I'v been in. I guess it still will be though. thanks to wowprogress etc we will still be able to see who actually get the serverfirsts, there just wount be an anuncement for it.

  13. #33
    oh god yes ! first realm class and profession was the more horrible thing in this game ;p we dont care that you have no-life, the game will just be better now

  14. #34
    Pandaren Monk Of-the-horde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Frankfurt am Main
    Posts
    1,954
    Quote Originally Posted by MelwensLady View Post
    get a life ?
    Who needs a life when theres world of warcraft?

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    Yeah, let's remove more of the stuff that is an actual, special accomplishment in WoW. All must work purely according to developer vision. No individual achievement.

    That's a great idea, Blizzard. I'm also totally not ironic or anything. At all.
    Yeahhh "no individual" since it's MMO,

    "I'm also totally not ironic or anything. At all."

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveZombie View Post
    You're right, and while they're at it Blizzard should work on a special questline that only you and a couple of your buddies will ever be able to see, right?
    Yeah sure. Because we all know Realm First achievement is totally equal in implemention costs as whole quest line, am I right. God... you are definition of indoctrinated lamb.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    I think you missed the part where I said I don't attempt any leveling firsts.
    That I did, my apologies.

    Quote Originally Posted by willemh View Post
    As I wrote above, removing the realm first achievement actually will let me see less of the zones instead of more.

    Going for realm first: 1) Play trough all questzones slowly to figure out all quests, experience the whole story of every zone. 2) Try a few different leveling routes and figure out how much you need to do to reach max lvl. 3) Figure out what routes are most efficient/what quests are worth skipping. 4) Play your optimal route ~2-3 times.

    Not going for realm first: 1) Play trough some questzones at random, skip random quests/zones and miss half of the story.

    So this really is a bad argument.
    Holy shit you are making my head spin bro. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt though and assume you're not trolling.
    So please explain to us why you feel that doing all of the quests on beta for the sole purpose of blasting to 100 on live as quickly as possible is more preferable to you than doing all of the quests for the enjoyment and experience of actually doing the quests and seeing all of the story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Kael'thas 5/5, Deathrattle: summon a 5/5 Kael'thas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    It's like when you grunt when you hit the ball in tennis, the exhalation of air gives the shot more power.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Of-the-horde View Post
    Who needs a life when theres world of warcraft?
    indeed you must stop breathing who needs to take a breathe, "there's WoW" =) !!

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveZombie View Post
    Then why don't we cry about not getting an achievement for cheering those people on too? It's the experience that matters in the end, right?
    So here's a thought, why not, for once, enjoy the experience of rushing through and ignoring all of the launch content instead of just spamming your achievement nobody cares about in Trade or whatever it is the World First crowd does?
    What the hell is your problem with Realm First achievements? Did they hurt your family?

  20. #40
    Man, the leveling race is one of the most fun parts of an expansion to me; win or lose.
    If Goku's power level increases at the same rate till the end of DBGT as it does till the end of the Frieza saga, as a SS4 Goku would have a PL of roughly 939 Quinoctogintillion. For reference that is a 260 digit number. A PL of 14,600 is required to destroy an earth sized planet. There are about 2 nonillion earths worth of mass in the universe. That means SS4 Goku can destroy the universe about 32 Octosexagintillion times over. There's a reason they made Goku a god at the end of GT.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •