Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Urm. They are removing realm first to avoid exploiting and people rushing all content in 1 day?

Yeah. urm. Newsflash. People gonna do that anyways. Removing the achievment will just put a few people off. The exploiters will still exploit. The rushers will still rush

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobstarrr View Post
    Wondering if people complaining here actually got any realm first themselves.
    I dont think everyone here is so selfish as to care only when it affects them. People are not that miserable... not yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just have to laugh at people saying Realm First = Exploiting.
    Just because you tried once a realm first and failed and thought "!!this is BS, how can anyone level faster than me >=(!!" , doesnt mean everyone is exploiting.

On my mid/high population realm i got realm first Blacksmith on MoP and maybe missed realm first 90 by like 2 hours. And i didnt participate in the beta, or read any info whatsoever. And i wasnt even trying to level fast, i just quest fast i guess.

Blizzard removing them is just another way to cater to those people that feel discouraged because they cant get some achievements, and its a wrong move imo.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skr View Post
    That's their very own business.
    What I am saying is that something that was meant to a bit of fun for the community got spoiled because some people chose to turn it something far more serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Skr View Post
    Nobody is holding a gun at someone's head forcing them to compete for realm first. If it's not your thing- good, I'm sure that there are other part of the gameplay of the incoming expansion that concern you, but there are people that enjoy this particular thing.
    I believe there are a lot of people who enjoyed a fair and honest race. World first level cap has been neither fair nor honest for some time now because of the very small minority who have decided that they enjoy "winning" at all costs.

When Athene went and "won" the race the level 85 I was mildly intrigued to see how he did it. Once I saw what he did, my first thought was that he had been pretty clever. But it very soon dawned on me that he had just killed all the fun for the vast majority of the WoW playerbase.

So your attitude about how it's fun for a few, and the majority must go away is actually pretty abhorrent. When the cost of "fun" for a small minority comes at the cost of fun for the vast majority, there is something very, very wrong and Blizzard have recognised that.

What's this I see with the TCG art? Are they finally going to advance the TCG art from burning crusade and into wotlk? Le gasp! I've only been seeing TBC artwork since the damn card game came out!

Deleted
    I quit playing about a year ago. Had played since the open beta.
    Ive always loved expansion releases with a passion. In MoP I managed to get realm first Paladin on Grim Batol. I had played to 90 in the beta but had not really paid attention to any specific route or doing any research. That Realm First achievements makes people enjoy the game less is complete bullshit. Every expansion this game have had Ive been sitting on voice com with several friends, talking and playing for a day nonstop.

The Realm First achivement is something alot of people enjoy vastly. Not only the ones who actually have a shot at getting the achivement will enjoy it. I was second of my class in Cata and I still enjoyed the hell out of the leveling. In my experience is does nothing but bring people togheter and give you motivation for wanting to play alot during the first day of release. Saying that its mostly people that abuses game flaws to get the achivements is just bullshit, the majority of people that get it deserves it, the people who gets it through abuse of game mechanics is the minority!

EDIT:
    I had planned to sub again just to gear up for the expansion release to get the leveling experience again and perhaps keep playing if it felt good again, but I having seen that they've removed this small part of the game that cost them nothing, I lost so much of the passion that had started up within me again.
    This is a bullshit move from Blizzard. I dont understand why they cant see that they absolutely need top players to make casuals more motivated. Having players to look up to is just a good thing. While not everyone will agree that they ever looked up to a player, I atleast definitely used to do that and strived to become a better player before I got into the very high end of the game.
    Last edited by mmoc6b0401e569; 2014-03-15 at 02:52 PM.