Who knows if WoL will even support the next raiding tier...that alone will probably force a lot of guilds to switch.
Logs are really to be taken with a grain of salt.
- D/C's (I've parsed due to that)
- Lack of a parse due to who's logging (Norushen, Spoils and Sha of Pride as prime examples since you're not always in 'range' of everyone)
- Stacking, tricks, PI's or whatever else you do to one person to amp their damage
- Quality of either your raid members and/or AOE capability...if you're one of the few AOE'ers you'll do siginificantly more on some fights vs. if you have many strong AOE'ers that will destroy everything but individually, they'll do less dps overall since they get so much help from others. Many situations like these.
- Full on heroic geared people clearing the entire place in normal, getting high parses relative to 'normal' raiders.
So many situations.....just careful about trying to compare with it, it paints a deceiving picture.
This has been reported ever since (15 november) on their forums, and WoL still haven't cared to fix it after 3+ FUCKING MONTHS. People actually pay a subscription for this service. Ridiculous.
"When i am done with you, you won't trust your own mind."
You'll eventually have 'hey can I not be on the belt team so I can parse?' and that'll go through, but it takes a long time before you get "Nobody touch bombs except Billyjoe, he's gonna parse".
- - - Updated - - -
The only encounter where you can't record the whole room is Norushen. Spoils and Sha work fine. Blizzard needs to fix the combat log across phasing to correct that.
It's just unacceptable that people pay for wol and they still don't get logs for the last 3 HC bosses or regular updates/management. Warcraft logs is far more user friendly than world of logs and it has many ranking formats + the advance combat logging, I love the fact you can look at just boss dps but to be fair there are many things that affect it , personally i think the actually ranks they show on your log should be for boss damage.
Wol/wcl ranks are pretty much irrelevant now, it's just about whether your guild is using scumbag tactics like on nazgrim, Ranks only really matter the first few months of every tier, when you have to adapt and dodge stuff whilst trying to maximize your dps, after this time people just copy those of us who constantly top wol or come up with obscure tactics to beat us :P
It is a shame that these bugged logs do affect pro raider but you should talke all those sites with a heap of salt, some guilds raid with half alts and some amazing players just don't scumbag anymore etc
Last edited by Malgo; 2014-03-07 at 11:23 PM.
If only WCL's UI wasn't utter shit :/
i think you're suffering from old dogs, new tricks syndrom. take some time to learn wcl and i think you'll like it.
also, came to this thread to plug warcraftlogs.com, please do not let world of logs remain the standard in WoD.
I wouldnt read much into the higher ranks of World of Logs, its made up from guilds letting people cheese fights to get otherwise impossible numbers.
That said, I don't see the issue. You when logs aren't legit, so why make a problem out of it.