Thread: Hate atonment

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I like the way it is now. Simply not proccing Divine Aegis would be the best way to deal with Atonements overpowered design.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    I like the way it is now. Simply not proccing Divine Aegis would be the best way to deal with Atonements overpowered design.
    I would have rather that the damage component of Atonement was reduced (perhaps through a stance or aura to allow for Discipline to still be viable in solo content) and Atonement was made the efficient heal in WoD. Seemingly, this isn't the case and that is a shame. One of the few things keeping me interested in the game is the hybrid DPS / healing model offered by discipline priests so WoD healing better be spectacular to keep me interested. Whack-a-mole was intensely boring by WotLK and I don't have any enthusiasm to see it return in WoD under the disguise of "triage healing", also known as shunting the difficulty of encounters onto healers instead of tanks or DPS.

Should have mentioned that not proccing DA (or simply removing DA outright) would be expected with this change.
    Last edited by mmocbb91367365; 2014-03-12 at 09:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobro View Post
    Yeah, there's actually no way to keep hp bars not full.
    Either people will be topped off or they won't be able to keep up and die.
    H Anub'arak says hi.
    Last edited by espoire; 2014-03-12 at 08:34 AM. Reason: Added citation
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    And also now we can design gear to show off the male human high res nipples/chest hair.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by espoire View Post
    The only fight where keeping peoples hp not full is possible without dying is Anub due to a mechanic that makes you WANT to keep them low.
    If you can't keep up with the damage then people will die, if you can keep up then they'll be full or marginally worse/better healers will totally change how a fight plays out.

The only fight where keeping peoples hp not full is possible without dying is Anub due to a mechanic that makes you WANT to keep them low.
    If you can't keep up with the damage then people will die, if you can keep up then they'll be full or marginally worse/better healers will totally change how a fight plays out.
    Patchwerk.

smart healing > whack-a-mole healing

for me smart healing was the way to go to make healing a lot harder. If you make healing harder with whack-a-mole healing you'll just lose to bad RNG. Unless we start healing every boss anub style.

I hope this triage healing will work, or we're back to whacking moles.

Quote Originally Posted by Talhooo View Post
    smart healing > whack-a-mole healing

for me smart healing was the way to go to make healing a lot harder. If you make healing harder with whack-a-mole healing you'll just lose to bad RNG. Unless we start healing every boss anub style.

I hope this triage healing will work, or we're back to whacking moles.
    Please explain to me how the current healing model is "hard"?
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Deleted
    On its own smart healing isn't hard. Triage healing isn't hard. Whack-a-mole healing isn't hard. HoT or PW:S spamming isn't hard. Using CDs on time isn't hard.

The difficulty should come from encounters which incorporate all of the above in different ways at different times and therefore a healer is judged on knowing when to switch from their smart heals to something more sufficient and is rewarded for knowing the encounter and the correct spells to use to overcome the damage pattern.

Deleted
    Can someone please explain "triage" already, its a phrase that has been thrown around a lot recently and I have no clue what it means!

Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    Can someone please explain "triage" already, its a phrase that has been thrown around a lot recently and I have no clue what it means!
    Healing the most wounded over lesser wounded but not necessarily making sure they're at full health. The point is to heal people just enough so that the next big damage won't kill them but not to try and spam them to full.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    Wikipedia explains it perfectly. It's heals that prioritize the most injured player(s) in the group.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    Please explain to me how the current healing model is "hard"?
    I never said that. What I ment is that they _could have_ made the healing a lot harder with smart healing. Sorry if I was unclear.
    Last edited by Talhooo; 2014-03-24 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Talhooo View Post
    I never said that. What I ment is that they _could have_ made the healing a lot harder with smart healing. Sorry if I was unclear.
    Smart heals will still exist... they just won't be as smart. IMO the current state of healing is an utter shit-spam fest and it's horribly boring. The only fight that requires some resemblance of skill is Thok.
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    They are nerfing it and I'll definitely miss it. So little overhealing when compared to my Druid or Paladin. Fistweaving is another style I'm sad to see go.