Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Anyone here main a Holy Priest in a 25 man HC guild?

Does anyone? How does it compare to other healers?

Deleted
    I don't play holy in 25.

But I can tell you that the whole community agrees that, on the meters, it doesn't compare well with other healers.
    If you add the fact that disc is better (meter and utility wise) on almost every SOO encounters, there's currently almost no reason why one would play holy in a competitive raid.

But we're on farm and holy is perfectly viable so if you like the gameplay, you raid is okay with that (I mean if you're not struggling with healing), and you don't care being last on the meters, you really should play the spec : it's fun and you don't really have to manage chakra in 25m.

Deleted
    Yeah I've seen that, I was just wondering if anyone managed to play it well enough in 25 man HC that it was doing ok.

I really like holy as a spec and I just joined a guild, and they're happy for me to play Holy until I'm geared up then re-evaluate how well it's doing.

I have played Holy this entire expansion (barring a few fights, especially most of T14). As others say, Holy doesn't always do well on the "overall meters picture", but it does high throughput when it counts. I particularly found Heroic Garrosh (even Paragons) as Holy a lot of fun as there is a lot of hard targeted single target healing like there was back in TBC. It also seems as though this is the style we're headed towards in Warlords.

Here are our logs, although keep in mind we've been farming SOO for over 2 months now.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/4203/
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/222328/
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Holy works just fine for me, 6/14H 25man. Claims that Holy is not competitive are bogus.

15+ Year Old Account
    Holy is fine throughput for most fights if you dont compare to Disc:-) Blackfuse, Klaxxi and Garrosh Disc is a bit too valuable to play Holy imo. I always been Holy ms, but didnt get to progress or do the hardest bosses much as MS unfortunatly even though my guild has been very kind to me considering they are a competetive guild and they probably couldve demanding me to go Disc even more than I have. I played Holy mostly for farm and ofc we all get constantly raped by our Disc;P I still believe Holy is much more fun! Hopefully well be more competetive in WoD but I have serious concerns when it comes to mobility and Chakras. Pretty excited to see what they have done.

I play Holy consistently 14/14H other than Garrosh if our dps is low.

Most fights Holy isn't the greatest for, though. I do find it excels highly on Garrosh (and a few other fights) if played correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Music View Post
    I play Holy consistently 14/14H other than Garrosh if our dps is low.

Most fights Holy isn't the greatest for, though. I do find it excels highly on Garrosh (and a few other fights) if played correctly.
    I'm genuinely curious, but why would anyone go Holy over Disc for H-Garrosh progression? PW:B > DH on that fight. Disc also has the ability to use Divine Stars twice (once to stack DA, second time for both DA and heals) for each WC with SS for every alternate WC. This isn't even factoring in Atonement's great spot healing capabilities or its damage contribution.

I get that people love Holy, but for any top-end HC guild, it's pretty much impossible to justify bringing a Holy Priests to many fights this tier. Let's hope things change come WoD.

Deleted
    This exactly.
    I really hope that being able to play both healing specs as a priest is going to be considered a plus in WOD.

I am main spec shadow in a 25 man 12/14H with 2 disc priests already. Currently my offspec is holy and I only heal on Iron Juggernaut, Malkorak and Thok. I am more than competitive on Thok and Iron Juggs but I always top on Malk. I do miss healing as disc as it was my main prior to joining this guild but holy does have a few high points.

Deleted
    Question for those of you playing Holy often; how are you gemming? I alternate my offspec between disc and holy but whenever I've played holy I've gemmed pure int (with mastery for yellow sockets). Have been contemplating trying a crit holy build gemming the same way I would for disc.

Would like to hear your thoughts.

EDIT; comfortable spirit levels also

Deleted
    thanks for all the replies!

Quote Originally Posted by Redsparowe View Post
    Question for those of you playing Holy often; how are you gemming? I alternate my offspec between disc and holy but whenever I've played holy I've gemmed pure int (with mastery for yellow sockets). Have been contemplating trying a crit holy build gemming the same way I would for disc.

id love to know what people go with as well

My stat prio atm is - spirit (16500) > mastery > crit > haste, i use spirit, int/mastery, spirit/mastery + mastery gems

I'm considering going - spirit (~14000) > crit = mastery > haste
    as i've heard that works well for holy as well as being ok for disc

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love me my Spirit. For Holy you can play different approaches even in 25man, Renew/Cascade/Serenity chakra is very powerful with FDCL and a more crit focused build, mostly on spread fights. Mastery is king on constant damage/aura stacked fights like Norushen with Sanctuary and Divine Star. I'm constantly adjusting my talents, glyphs and healing approach on every fight as Holy.

9-12k spirit, crit, then mastery: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rlyne/advanced

Basically same exact gear as Disc, although I have a few non-spirit pieces I swapped out for Disc, but I play Holy for everything now.

I also gem for crit but have 14k spirit reforged some mastery to crit too as i have amplification trinket this way i don't need 2 sets when i play disc.

Deleted
    Was playing around with my spell calculator and noticed that crit (and mastery) are giving more healing per cast than int gems.

Are you folks aiming for the 4721 haste point, reaching accidentally or just ignoring it?

Was playing around with my spell calculator and noticed that crit (and mastery) are giving more healing per cast than int gems.

Are you folks aiming for the 4721 haste point, reaching accidentally or just ignoring it?
    I grab it because it's easy. I also enjoy having around 5k haste and I shoot for that.

Pure crit with amp trinket. Potent in oranges, smooth in yellows, and misty in blues. I don't go for any haste bp, but others do.
    Have ran between 12k and 15k and outside of Malk (sometimes) I don't really have many mana issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Basmothh View Post
    I'm genuinely curious, but why would anyone go Holy over Disc for H-Garrosh progression?
    I played Disc on the majority of progression fights, including Garrosh. PW:B and absorbs were extremely valuable.

Now, I find that Holy is only slightly behind Disc in terms of pure throughput on Garrosh. Also it's a whole lot more fun to play than Disc.

It's interesting to compare Holy & Disc on Garrosh. I wouldn't say that Disc has more throughput, it's just a fight that is easy for Disc to get lots of value out of Divine Aegis and Spirit Shell.

Compare my logs, most notably look at the other healers output.
    Disc: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...r#type=healing
    Holy: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...R#type=healing

I absolutely hate playing Disc, and I think Garrosh as Holy is a lot of fun!

The big burn phase (we stack at the end of P3 for Empowered Whirling) is where Barrier was most needed. And it's interesting to compare healing in this phase too. I would say, that at this pivotal point in the fight, both specs are relatively equal if you have other classes to provide damage reduction cooldowns. (Holy's throughput increase balances out Barrier's decrease). But DH also gives everyone it hits 10% increased healing taken.

Disc: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...19&end=8522691
    Holy: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...1&end=95425221

Disc's numbers are always a significant jump higher than Holy due to causing other healers to overheal with their absorbs, period.
    Last edited by Mazi; 2014-03-09 at 12:10 AM.

Deleted
    I would say that most of discs 'throughout' on meters is coming from the highly predictable, high burst damage in p1 (namely, iron stars), spirit shell not only works really well for it, but it'll be sniping a huge portion of healing from other healers. From what I've seen in my own guild and other streams is that disc generally pulls pretty far ahead in p1 then keeps that lead through the rest of the fight but doesn't really pull any further ahead.
    ofc all of the damage in the fight is very predictable which certainly works in favour of disc, it's just that the damage outside of p1 is usually sustained enough for other healers to get some work after the absorbs are gone.