Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

How can Blizz increase the number of the WoW players ?! ( Without removing Sub )

How can Blizzard increase the number of WoW players without removing subscription?!
    Here is what i think :
    1- Giving the Starter editions accounts the ability to create groups . Blizzard must move the level cap of Starter Edition accounts to 30 . New Players always try the Starter Edition account before upgrading so it is necessary for them to have a good starting experience.
    2- Recycle Old Content. Scale Vanilla Raid/BC Raids/WoTLK Raids/Cata Raids etc.
    3- More interactive World. More Group Quests . More BGs like Tol Barad .

What do you think ?!
    Last edited by Arberian; 2014-03-09 at 05:12 PM.
    My youtube Channel : Arberian021
    WoW isn't all about new concepts or themes, it's about classic archetypes that fit the Holy Trinity gameplay style of Warcraft.
    Demon Hunter Class Idea
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Exercise releases endorphins that make you feel good, iirc, don't quote me on it

Remove the subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Remove the subscription.
    This.
    /10chars

10+ Year Old Account
    Remove the subscription.
    Without Removing IT !!
    My youtube Channel : Arberian021
    WoW isn't all about new concepts or themes, it's about classic archetypes that fit the Holy Trinity gameplay style of Warcraft.
    Demon Hunter Class Idea
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Exercise releases endorphins that make you feel good, iirc, don't quote me on it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arberian View Post
    Here is what i think :
    1- Giving the Starter editions accounts the ability to create groups . Blizzard must move the level cap of Starter Edition accounts to 30 . New Players always try the Starter Edition account before upgrading so it is necessary for them to have a good starting experience.
    2- Recycle Old Content. Scale Vanilla Raid/BC Raids/WoTLK Raids/Cata Raids etc.
    3- More interactive World. More Group Quests . More BGs like Tol Barad .

What do you think ?!
    There isn't a reason to recycle the old content for new players. There is no connection to it. While I agree with increasing the level cap and allowing groups, the old content is meaningless to someone who never experienced it when it was new.

Just make interesting and innovative, social, and engaging expansions and the players will come...

Expand on the free-to-play segment of the game, allow them to level to the previous expansion cap. Make the subscription model like Runescapes, free-to-play exists but only within a certain portion of the game, in this case, only up to MoP content. Also, let free players form groups but still restrict whispering and global chat channels for obvious reasons. They could still find groups via the in game group finders.

If players want to access Warlords of Draenor, they would have to pay the subscriptions. There would be a massive influx of f2p players who are very likely to become subscribers once they hit their level cap.
    You just lost The Game

Remove the subscription.
    Why would they do that? They're earning multi-millions of dollars every month with their current subs, they wouldn't be that stupid.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    There isn't a reason to recycle the old content for new players. There is no connection to it. While I agree with increasing the level cap and allowing groups, the old content is meaningless to someone who never experienced it when it was new.
    One of the best things about guild wars 1 was that you can join it even now and pretty much all the old content is there and largely relevant for you to experience. Ever since they started systematically trivializing/removing old content in tbc, I have been railing against it in WoW. Think how huge, rich, and amazing the game would be if everything they've created to date was relevant?

Edit: Fixing that at this point would probably be impossible. But as far as design decisions go, they can try to stop that trend going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Inside View Post
    Why would they do that? They're earning multi-millions of dollars every month with their current subs, they wouldn't be that stupid.
    Because the market dynamics have changed. Subscription based gaming is going the way of the dodo and micro-transaction funded games are the most profitable.

But really to go back to the original question here the answer is simple:

They can't. Less and less people look upon each new expansion as "Something new and exciting" and instead see "more of the same". The majority of the gaming community looks at the Warcraft franchise and sees a franchise where nothing new has been offered in almost a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Because the market dynamics have changed. Subscription based gaming is going the way of the dodo and micro-transaction funded games are the most profitable.

But really to go back to the original question here the answer is simple:

They can't. Less and less people look upon each new expansion as "Something new and exciting" and instead see "more of the same". The majority of the gaming community looks at the Warcraft franchise and sees a franchise where nothing new has been offered in almost a decade.
    This is true, but wow stands as the only game that can still pull it off. Why would they give up the millions of subs they already have for a "chance" that they might get more people playing the game and maybe just maybe increase profits through micro-transactions. If they had 1-2m subs then sure, it could probably work but it's not for them at this point IMO.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

They wont increase subs by any meaningful amount and sustain them without going ftp. Honestly though, I dont think they need to remove the sub or increase numbers. Even if they dump to 3-4 million subs its still going to be the most played sub based mmo on the market. The game might actually get better with less subs, who knows.

There's a reason that free to play accounts can't use most functions. It helps to prevent gold sellers from spamming you with whispers and group invites.

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    There's a reason that free to play accounts can't use most functions. It helps to prevent gold sellers from spamming you with whispers and group invites.
    Then they should get a proper reporting function that actually does something.

Quote Originally Posted by qweez View Post

How would that help? The trial account is just deleted, and they start another...

Quote Originally Posted by qweez View Post
    most likely get abused something like oh noes this guy in lfr is doing less dps then me he's a nab, gonna report him so he get's banned and we get a decent player instead"

the more power you give to players to police the game the more it will be abused

Pretty simple: make content faster. The whole argument about not being able to have XYZ teams because it is hard to get talent is a joke. So companies like Apple can't release 10 different products a year because there is no talent to get people to make the stuff?

Looks like it might be close to a year between SoO and the next xpac...WAY WAY too long.

People are already getting bored as hell...I have friends who either a) don't login anymore b) login only to raid c) quit raiding because SoO is so boring and just work on achieves and farming old content

Even PVP gear didn't get any work.

Want more customers? STOP giving every penny of profit to the people upstairs and invest more of it into the game. People will continue to pay subs, and if xpacs were once a year, people would continue to buy them...

Oh and FIX PVP. Believe it or not A LOT of people would come back if it was fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Conqueror View Post
    They can't. Old game engine is old.

Just enjoy playing the old game while it still lasts for you... Almost 100 million people already quit and probably aren't going to come back to an old game.
    Old game engine is far from old. They update it incrementally every expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I don't understand this.
    If I were to buy the videogame Bioshock 1, should I just not play it because I'm not experiencing it when it's new?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Deleted
    As said before.

If they just make everything in the game relevant instead of the 10% that exist at max level, the game would become more interesting.