Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    I just really hope they buff the former instant cast spells, or make them 'castable while moving', or else they'll dramatically change when and how those spells or used. That kind of thing worries me, because a lot of those instant casts were extremely useful in situations that require you to move around a lot.
    That is the point that you position better before casting. Remember that there won't be that many CC's on PVP and healers had the less problems with mechanics in PVE during this expansion, that is because we can do our job easly on the move.

Welp that just killed any interest in healing I had in WoD, I'll keep an eye on how it plays out, but it sound like Cata Healing 2.0.

Didn't they say that shamans won't be able to cast Lightning Bolt while moving anymore, too? These are terrible quality of life changes.

I hope PvE encounters won't include too much movement, then. It will take a long time to adjust to not being able to DPS or heal while moving anymore

Honestly if I wanted healing that kept me standing in place, was slower paced, and made my individual cast choices to matter a great deal more... I'd just go back to playing FFXI.

Deleted
    And healers get punished once again, hello Cataclysm #2.

Deleted
    So basically healing in PvP will be more like TBC.

Good to see Blizzard fixing what they screwed up. Took merely a couple of years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thigan View Post
    My concern right now, what is the point of gearing, is just to be in pair with content, not to be more powerful
    You WILL be more powerful as you gear up - very much so. They're simply stating that they're designing it with a goal in mind - to ensure that mana regen doesn't reach the point that mana ceases to matter, to any real extent.

I don't really see how that's a bad thing. When a DPS player uses an inefficient/incorrect rotation, they'll do less damage. When a tank does the same, they'll be more likely to die. Why should healers be the sole archetype where no matter what they do, their resource/rotation isn't an issue, just because they're "geared"?

I greatly welcome this change. Was a little tired of the same old pattern - OoM constantly at the start of the expansion, perfect balance in the middle, no point even having a mana bar at the end of the expansion. Glad they're trying to break this pattern (although yes, we've heard this before).

Not sure if I like the cast time additions, although SOMETHING needed to be done about instants in PvP. It'll just feel awkward having a cast-time on Wild Growth etc, when it's been instant cast since it was implemented at the end of TBC. We'll see how easy it is to adjust to.

Deleted
    I'm shocked to see all the people cry out "CATA HEALING! BAD!", when for many players, early Cataclysm was the best state of the game, period; that includes myself.
    I healed on my shaman, tanked on my warrior and DPS'ed on my hunter main back then, and it was fun and immersive to heal back then. Punishing you for doing the wrong choices is how healing is supposed to be, giving you a get-out-of-jail-free card with smart heals isn't fun in my eyes and have deterred me a little from playing healers.

Going back to dumber-heals with some thought process thrown into the game is good in my eyes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good, healing won't be entirely about smart heals and certain classes won't dominate top end healing comps like they used to.

Love these changes.

The changes to instant heals sound really bad IMO.. cast time on WoD/Uplift etc. is going to cripple the fluid feeling healers have at the moment.

Could be a better change to reduce their effectiveness in relation to cast time heals with a glyph to buff and add cast time. Adds choice, and doesn't neuter the feel that healing specs currently have on most encounters. I honestly couldn't care less if boss fights etc. Will be tuned/designed accordingly if the specs aren't fun to play.

Ideally, we want players to spend some time below full health without having healers feel like the players they’re responsible for are in danger of dying at any moment. We also think that healer gameplay would be more varied, interesting, and skillful if your allies spent more time between 0% and 100%, rather than just getting damaged quickly to low health, forcing the healer to then scramble to get them back to 100% as quickly as possible.
    Healers do not keep players at 100% because the raiddamage requires us to, we started to keep everyone at 100%, because each individual possesed an incredible high chance of failure, thus we have to hold them at the save side. If they reduce that save side to 60%, that will just induce an feeling of insecurity for healers, without actually providing any actual benefit.

Also
    Druid
    Wild Growth (Restoration) now has a 1.5-second cast time.
    Either the HoT nature will make this spell pale in comparision to its "instant effect" counterparts, or it brings considerably higher troughput/efficiency. In the first case, druids will just opt for Rejuvenation as we did in WotLK, in the later case, why bring anyone else.

All in all what I get from this blog is: The only lesson blizzard learned is that those cheap/slow heals are an ambomination which wasn't required in the first place. Everything else will just be a repetition of cataclysm and mop healing, where you have a midpack, one overpowered spec and one underpowered spec. My guess currently: Druids #1 (HoTs without requiring people to be at 100%, go figure that one out), followed by monks, holy, shaman, paladin, disc at the bottom (who needs bubbles if people at 60% won't die?)

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    It was. However it felt very weak for shielding for about 10% of tank maxhp in the first tier - after shielding for 20-30% in LK.
    Looks like we're back to that amount. I'm a bit sad to see cast time on PoM, but I trust them to balance things around the new toolset, so no worries.

Disappointing or not, I liked BC heals the most. Spam some downranked shit on tank and be scared shitless when you have to move as boss melee swings were actually fucking huge. Well not always, but most of the time.
    Bursty heals is what's killing healing right now in SOO. They can't make every boss do constant 600k unavoidable hits on the raid, so instead healers have basically nothing to because smart heals are OP and take care of everything. That leads to things like Garrosh being essentially 1 or 3-4 healed.

This tier should have made it obvious that healing is not in a good state. With smaller heals they can have bosses do steadier, more consistent damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    You WILL be more powerful as you gear up - very much so. They're simply stating that they're designing it with a goal in mind - to ensure that mana regen doesn't reach the point that mana ceases to matter, to any real extent.
    How are you going to be more powerful if the increase of your healing spells is related to the HP of the tanks?

First tier Heal is going to hit for 1k (5% of HP)
    Second tier Heal is going to hit for 1.5k (5% of HP)
    Third tier Heal is going to hit for 3.5k (5% of HP)

The only difference between tiers will be 4-set and trinkets. You gain no real power

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thigan View Post
    That is the point that you position better before casting.
    There's no such thing as better positioning in many cases. See random targeted boss abilities. If you are targeted, you are targeted and need to move, you can't avoid that most of the time. But yeah sure as hell the new raids will be designed with this in mind.

Deleted
    This sounds very uninteresting and disappointing, much like what they tried to do with healing in Cataclysm.

We'll see I guess...

Great, another Cata healing disaster. I mained a healer in Wotlk, stopped healing completely in Cata and only resumed in DS. Didn't play most of MoP, but Atonement healing is very fun, especially while leveling up in dungeons, and Druid / Shaman healing are very fun at the moment as well.

Going back to purely DPSing in WoD.

When will Blizzard start understanding that having no mana, standing in place and being shouted at by everyone because you couldn't heal enough to save everyone is NOT FUN?
    I thought they'd understood this after Cata, but now they revert to that exact same idiocy. -.-

edit: and healers are already pretty scarce. Usually the one role that's missing when LFR is healers, and 50% of the time I get instant dungeon invite as a healer. This is only going to become a lot worse in WoD, with changes that make healing more difficult and less rewarding.
    Last edited by Awbee; 2014-03-07 at 03:57 PM.

For those of your screaming for more smart heals and casting on the move it's simple: L2P.

Healing about more than just pressing buttons and letting your healing spell do all the work for you. Learn about positioning, moving out of shit and then casting. Healing has become a joke these days. When your top 2/3 healing spells are all smart heals it kinda defeats the object of choosing what spell to cast and when. You just blindly press buttons when they come off CD and throw a couple of castable heals here and there.

I support these changes. It'll show the good healers from the bad.

wait wait wait, doubling health to reduce burst? didn't they already try that in Cata? it ended up backfiring since burst was still screwed up and doubling health had the side effect of bringing on this "squish" faster. we went from 20k as a fresh 80, to 100k (?) at 85, and 300k at 90.

Awesome, so glad they want to make Holy Nova a core ability of disc priests :-)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Exileos View Post
    I'm shocked to see all the people cry out "CATA HEALING! BAD!", when for many players, early Cataclysm was the best state of the game, period; that includes myself.
    Why? It made healing a completely brain numbing experience of spamming your slowest, cheapest heal and nothing else and maybe once every now and then refresh some shield or riptide.

If that was "best state of the game", I wonder when you started playing.