Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Looks kinda like you just don't want to have to choose between some of the talents, so you made the talents you like share tiers with the talents you don't like.
    Actually I run Soul Leech, Soul Link, and Unbound Will in a lot of PVE encounters, and Sac. Pact, and Dark Regen in PVP.

If you look at it this way;

1. Lesser Heals/Dispel
    2. Fears
    3. Bigger Heal/Absorb/Soak
    4. Movement
    5. Pets
    6. DPS
    Last edited by muto; 2014-03-08 at 05:28 PM.

Literally no high rated warlock uses DB in arena or RBS none. If you saw someone messing with it than thats all they were doing was messing with it.I cann see how burning rush is good in pve but pvp not so much. Dark bargain could be so much better in pvp if we didnt get 50% of the dmg back that was done to us.

1) Burning Rush has some uses, but it's a little too punitive. I'd rather it changed to a CD sprint with no HP loss or something similar. As is, it's main use for me has been to run back after boss wipes. Meh.

2) DB needs to be reworked if it competes with Coil/Fury. It will never win that fight outside of extreme niche situations.

3) Harvest should just be a glyph that reduced your main filler spell dmg signifcantly for the upgraded harvest. Keeps its soloing use alive, while making it unviable for pvp/raids. Replace with a more useful heal/shield.

4) KJC should just be baseline for fillers and replaced with something new - don't think it should compete for a talent spot.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only talent that really needs reworking is Mannoroth's Fury. It is utterly terrible for Destro and Affliction, but Demo can't AoE effectively without it. It's just horribly designed.

Quote Originally Posted by Natixsphere View Post
    Literally no high rated warlock uses DB in arena or RBS none. If you saw someone messing with it than thats all they were doing was messing with it.I cann see how burning rush is good in pve but pvp not so much. Dark bargain could be so much better in pvp if we didnt get 50% of the dmg back that was done to us.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...omicz/advanced

He placed third at Blizzcon?

I miss old Harvest life that was AoE. not as effective I don't think but it was alot of fun

Quote Originally Posted by Schirm View Post
    Not using it? Demonic Breath needs half the CD, removed mana cost AND something more, maybe a 1-2 second root?
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Natixsphere View Post
    Okay so I for one was really hoping that blizzard was going to make some changes to some of our talents but it doesnt appear that they are...

Harvest Life Has to be by far one of the worst! Noone uses it in pvp or pve and it should just be taken out of the game.

Demonic Breath Words cant explain the mess up with making this a talent. I have not seen one single person use this as a talent EVER!! In NO possible situation could it ever be better than Mortal Coil or Shadowfury. I really think blizzard messed up with this one.

Sacrificial Pact Use to be decent but now people burst threw it in one global should just be revamped to take more dmg.

Burning Rush Dont see anyone using it. It could be good if it didnt kill you but it does. I say remove it as it is crap!!

Well those are my thoughts on that matter do you guys agree or disagree? If you could make any changes to those talents what would they be?
    Harvest Life sucks so bad now. It's a healer's job to heal through the damage you take. Even if you get damaged from bad, the healer will heal you if they are serious about downing content. Who would ruin their rotation just to spam drain life? Dark Regen. is instant and increases the amount of healing you receive, you don't have to channel it, therefore you can resume your rotation without standing around, draining life, waiting for melee to b**** ***** you. Soul Leech is passive and absorbs a decent amount of damage. Harvest Life is crap.

Demonic Breath is terrible, I only use it because I don't raid or pvp anymore and I'm roleplaying as a Demon Lord now. It slows the target? What the *)#%? Why would any caster be in melee range to use it????? Of course melee has ways of getting to you but still, a slow that lasts for a very short duration? No thanks, I'd rather take Mortal Coil or Shadowfury, at least Shadowfury can stun more than one person and at least Mortal Coil sends ho*s fleeing and heals.

Burning Rush is crap. You get a toggle-able movement speed increase at the expense of your health? The Mages' Blazing Speed doesn't have any penalty, and it allows Mages to move very quickly away from melee and if a melee ever gets close, BAM, Frost Nova, Polymorph, Ring of Frost PEW PEW PEW NO HEALTH LOST. BLINK PEW PEW PEW PEW PEWPEW PEW

Ice Block is Dark Bargain and Unbound Will wrapped into one and has NOOOOO PENALTY other than a debuff preventing you from using it again for a short time, but with talent point you can reset ice block's cooldown and use it again. In fact, there is a glyph that makes it so that after Ice Block ends, the Mage becomes immune to spells or some BLAH BLAH BLAH.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...gh-approaching

Warlocks are better than Mages in the lore, Mages are *%#)%(#)%_#(^*#)^&#)(^&##%)($*&#)(%&@)$@_%(%_^*#

Mages don't deserve anything.

- - - Updated - - -

#hashtags
    #brutallyhonest
    Last edited by Cheapnecrolyte; 2014-03-12 at 09:44 PM.

Sac pac is still okish in PVE, but in PVP its horrible cause of the reduce thing in heals and shields

Battle fatigue and global resil screw locks harder than any other class in the game. Nobody else has the mana > damage > HP > mana cycle nor the absurd HP costs to abilities other classes just get. Sorry its not "flavor" to 20% HK myself for what a monk gets for 0 HP cost. If it has a CD it should have no HP cost, if it has a HP cost it doesn't need a CD. The current system needs to give pvp power the same contribution to our absorbs/self heals as it does to our damage. Right now its about 1/3 the gain which turns functional skills into non functional skills.

Burning rush is the one oddball in there....I think the best direction for burning rush is give the lock a on use sprint with no HP cost and a cooldown. If the spell is activated before the cooldown is up then it costs life as it does now. That CD and duration should be similar to what rogues have for their baseline sprint. As for demonic breath...I still say with no root its never going to be used pve or pvp. I could see it being a snare that gives the lock a 5'ish second hand of freedom making it a purely defensive CC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    Uhhh. I use Burning Rush every day and no, it cannot kill you.
    Wanna make a bet? Talent for it, and get MC'd on Garrosh lol

Quote Originally Posted by VisionOfPerfection View Post
    Burning Rush is crap. You get a toggle-able movement speed increase at the expense of your health? The Mages' Blazing Speed doesn't have any penalty, and it allows Mages to move very quickly away from melee and if a melee ever gets close, BAM, Frost Nova, Polymorph, Ring of Frost PEW PEW PEW NO HEALTH LOST. BLINK PEW PEW PEW PEW PEWPEW PEW
    While I also dislike mages, GRRRRR they aren't even real people playing them, they're just robots. ROBOTS i tell you -- err right, so while i dislike mages also, we'll always have Lore thrown in our faces with "warlocks aren't to be compared to mages; warlocks harness black magic and using black magic always comes with a price"...

Even though Warlocks should rule Azeroth..that's not just an opinion...it's a goal :P
    Last edited by GirlsDontPlayWow; 2014-03-14 at 06:54 PM.

My Pet Battle Website: GirlsDontPetBattle!

None of the talents are "Useless"
    But some are in need of help
    Demonic Breath is one, it pales in comparison to Shadow Fury for CC
    and Harvest Life was better before the nerf. though personally, I don't care either way really, I'm Destro so ill just Ember Tap
    I do agree with pokedott above, KJC should be a standard passive ability, its almost required for a fair amount of fights. would be good to have a super powered AoE or additional DPS CD where it counts

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    The only talent that really needs reworking is Mannoroth's Fury. It is utterly terrible for Destro and Affliction, but Demo can't AoE effectively without it. It's just horribly designed.
    It's good for ember as destro and it gives aff some of the strongest aoe in the game (if you get lucky with the clunky SoC spreading). It needs some love though for sure, you're right about that.

Demonic breath is bad for everyone and needs to be re-tooled or removed. Would not cast even if baseline I think. HL and Sac Pac aren't too bad for affliction in PVP (since that's what the OP is referring to). Sac pact (with GoSac Void Walker/Shadow Bulwark) is op as fck in pve. 800k-1mil+ shield? LOL. It's hilarious in wPVP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GirlsDontPlayWow View Post
    Wanna make a bet? Talent for it, and get MC'd on Garrosh lol

But all you do is spam the MC right?

I miss old harvest life. Got more use out of that than I did this new one. You could do some funny things with it as demo.
    My style is rich, dope, phat; in which we'll bake a cake today that looks rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Styxz View Post
    It's good for ember as destro and it gives aff some of the strongest aoe in the game (if you get lucky with the clunky SoC spreading). It needs some love though for sure, you're right about that.

Demonic breath is bad for everyone and needs to be re-tooled or removed. Would not cast even if baseline I think. HL and Sac Pac aren't too bad for affliction in PVP (since that's what the OP is referring to). Sac pact (with GoSac Void Walker/Shadow Bulwark) is op as fck in pve. 800k-1mil+ shield? LOL. It's hilarious in wPVP.
    Since clearing 14/14 HC every week for months now I can safely say that I have not seen a single fight in SoO where you could take advantage of the mass aoe MF could provide to Aff, maybe with the single execption of Galakras, but there everyone whores dps in them iddle anyway so it wont matter. Regardless, the talent is very weak now, and it requires some serious help, although I am not sure if Blizz will bother with it at all ( considering that at MoP launch all the 3 end tier talent was broken/useless I would not be surprised).
    Regarding SacPact, I used it back in the day to instabreak Zor'Lok's MC with UW, but other than that I do not fancy it that much. I rather have an inpenetrable shield or increased health/damage reduction than a flat shield that can be bypassed.

But all you do is spam the MC right?
    Incorrect, sometimes, especially when you get silenced pre-empowered form you activate BR by default, as for some reason it defies the ruels of that form of MC. Or, you activate it by your own stupidity and you die because of it, it can happen if you are bursted down too quickly and the game has no time throwing your health back up. Although it is incredibly rare.

I also think the talent option of cataclysm will severely lower mannoroth's value as a talent. Cata is an aoe burst as is MF and almost every fight's aoe is about burst aoe but who knows what we will see next expansion. Hard to say how mandatory KJC will be until we see a far more polished version of things and a hint of how helter skelter fights will be. It seems they are leaving hunters basically untouched for mobile dps so its not unreasonable to leave locks with a potentially highly mobile toolkit. You could certainly polish a few skills. Harvest life needs to be mobile (at least w' KJC) and uninterruptable if it will ever see use. Burning rush would be better as a sprint on a CD that only costs HP if turned on before that CD is up. Demo breath would need to be scrapped or majorly buffed to be a root that fades into a snare and/or gives the lock a hand of freedom. I'd personally not miss gateway going away. Its buggy in both pvp and pve and makes our class incredibly hard to balance in pvp as a result of when it does work. Plus the special unicorn thing just makes it pve QQ fodder. Unbound Will needs to do no damage or trivial damage (like imp cauterize) even if it has a slightly longer cd (90-120 sec). I'd like to see the lower part of our talent tree a bit more well developed before thinking over too many changes....right now it seems very half arsed in terms of progress towards WoD.

I used the launch harvest life a lot when the xpac launched. AoE questing/dailies as demo, it was just more aoe and tons of self healing ... I was immortal and in those quest greens pulling 10-20 mobs regularly in vale. I was sad about the change even though I was on a WoW break. Bring back the old harvest life PLEASE.

Some might find use for breath; I take shadowfury because I enjoy using the aoe stun and use it as an added interrupt for mobs it works on.

SacPac is extremely good on some fights, nearly mandatory

Burning Rush is heavily used. In fact, it is the recommended talent choice on IcyVeins. It is great movement ability, it does minimal damage, and if you kill yourself from it, you are fail, not the talent ... though nothing wrong with an ability we can suicide with, like hellfire was for us for the longest time (and used to get past walls/barriers as a ghost).

So changes? Old AoE harvest life back. Old KJC back because nerfing fun is stupid; have it work different in pve and pvp if that is their issue. Overall I don't mind most of the talents.

Deleted
    Ritual of Summoning - Kills the immersion if you skip alot of content while you get a summon and others must be ride to the Raid/whatever.