Deleted

If i wanted to switch to disc, what would i change ?

Hello fellow priests.

So it seems my guild doesn't need a output healer such as a holy(awesome spec i love it )
    But i will be switching to disc, as i feel that would help progression the most.

So if i were to go disc what would i change, what gear pieces do i need to get my hands on what gems, what to reforge and such.
    If you could help me with this it would be deeply appreciated, i've also been reading a ton here, but you guys here are so picky so i think you would do it better

I can't post an armory link, this will have to suffice.

IGN: Crazyperson
    Realm : Talnivarr

Thanks in advance

Reforge everything to Crit -> Mastery -> Spirit -> Haste
    Regem to: Red crit/intellect, Yellow crit, Blue crit/spirit

Ideally you should be sitting at roughly equal amounts of Crit/Mastery, with zero haste, and 6-9k spirit.

For glyphs you have a few options. Glyph of Penance, Glyph of Weakened Soul, Glyph of Holy Fire, Glyph of Binding Heal, Glyph of Inner Sanctum, Glyph of Fade. The first two are typically mandatory, with the rest being situational. I usually use Holy Fire.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post

Ideally you should be sitting at roughly equal amounts of Crit/Mastery, with zero haste, and 6-9k spirit.

For glyphs you have a few options. Glyph of Penance, Glyph of Weakened Soul, Glyph of Holy Fire, Glyph of Binding Heal, Glyph of Inner Sanctum, Glyph of Fade. The first two are typically mandatory, with the rest being situational. I usually use Holy Fire.
    Hey thanks for the quick answer.

I wonder what about sockets bonuses ?

10+ Year Old Account
    depends on what the bonus is. Something to add onto Larynx's post. Get a rapture tracker addon. Having only 6-9k spirit means you will need to be good with your rapture to keep your mana regen up. If you dont feel like you can keep up then go to a level of spirit that you feel comfortable with and then crit>mastery

Deleted
    I have now regemmed, reforged and a little bit of enchanting.
    Anything i have missed ? :P

Quote Originally Posted by MadFella View Post

If the bonus is +60 spirit or haste you can probably safely ignore it. Int and crit bonuses are worth getting. Mastery is probably a grey area you'll have to do some stat weights for.

Avoid all spirit/haste gear since you want to drop those stats. Aim for off-pieces with crit/mastery or spirit/crit.

List of pieces you should aim for :

Head: Immerseus>Malkorok
    Neck: Spoils
    Shoulders: Norushen>Immerseus
    Cloak: Legendary DPS (healing cloak is just terrible for Disc, so the better stats and extra damage from the DPS cloak beats it)
    Chest: Thok>Iron Juggernaut
    Bracers: Protectors>Paragons
    Gloves: Siegecrafter
    Waist: Norushen>Garrosh
    Legs: Tier
    Boots: Dark Shaman>Nazgrim
    Rings: Malkorok>Immerseus>Thok
    Trinkets: Sha+Siegecrafter (cleave trinket has potential on fights like norushen/thok, but its usually still worse than the siegecrafter thok)
    MH/2H: Spoils>Sha
    OH: Iron Juggernaut

Since all set pieces have spirit/mastery you might want to skip going for 4p (personal preference & depends on what off-pieces you have). My personal BiS list uses healing tier gloves and shoulders, shadow tier legs, immerseus head & thok chest.

Warforged usually wins as long as the item has crit/mastery/spirit on it (as long as you dont break 2p).

Bear in mind this is personal opinions with not much theorycrafting behind it. My goal is simply to max out on crit>mastery and get as low spirit/haste as possible. Sadly my Priest is just an alt so I'll probably never get to try out my own BiS list.

Hope this helps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFella View Post

For socket bonuses you usually want to break single blue sockets, IF you aren't concerned with spirit, regardless of bonus and gem a yellow crit gem. For single red sockets if the bonus is something other than intellect (or crit, but I don't think there's currently any crit socket bonuses) you'll usually also want to break it. If there's only 2 blue sockets on the piece, again you'll usually want to break it for 2x yellow crit gems if you aren't worried about spirit. For anything else you will usually want to match for bonus. I don't really think there's any 3 socket gear with at 2+ blue sockets but if there is it's probably beneficial to break for 3x yellow gems, I could be wrong, but I haven't come across any pieces like this in my experience.

You can also use the shadow teir chest if you cant get your hands on thoks (I know it doesnt want to drop for me) - shadow's teir is crit/mastery on the chest.
    You cant heal stupid, but you sure can shield it.

disc has a complete different set compared to holy. holy focus's on either haste/spi or mastery/spi where as disc focuses on crit/mastery with almost no spi if you have LMG.

Disc should be aiming for Crit primarily and with better gear mastery just comes along anyway. A skilled disc can run 7k spi or less but stat wise buffed you should be looking at 40% plus crit, 50% plus mastery, 54k plus SP, and less than 10% haste at most you will have around 1k haste with Leg cloak, also depends on what gear you have atm while in transition to proper disc gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post

Out of curiosity why askMrRobot doesn't have this priority in any of the default builds?
    Is there a stat weight profile values for the proposed one?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    Out of curiosity why askMrRobot doesn't have this priority in any of the default builds?

Thanks.
    The default disc build is their answer to the build everyone suggests but with the rapture change taken into account. The crit/master>all else is more for 25 man's. Unfortunately most of the elite priest posters on the forum are 25 and quite a few players asking for suggestions forget to mention if they are in 10/25.

Edit: oh the spirit part for the builds is quite high but I believe AMR staff figured if you don't care enough to set your spirit to a comfortable level that you also aren't going to use optimal spell priority(ie cya on their part so "noobs" don't go oom)
    Last edited by entropictrap; 2014-03-12 at 10:19 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohreeree View Post
    The default disc build is their answer to the build everyone suggests but with the rapture change taken into account. The crit/master>all else is more for 25 man's. Unfortunately most of the elite priest posters on the forum are 25 and quite a few players asking for suggestions forget to mention if they are in 10/25.

Edit: oh the spirit part for the builds is quite high but I believe AMR staff figured if you don't care enough to set your spirit to a comfortable level that you also aren't going to use optimal spell priority(ie cya on their part so "noobs" don't go oom)
    The default disc build on Ask Mr Robot should be totally ignored. I am being suggested to lose 15% Mastery, 10% Crit, 1.1k intellect and 1.2k spellpower to gain 14k spirit. Apparently my default guaranteed optimal should be 24k spirit!

The crit / mastery > all else is correct for 10 mans as well. You might need a little bit more spirit compared with 25 man since you won't have as many HoH or MT to throw around, and the chances of getting well optimised gear is less, but the priority is still heavily towards crit / mastery.

You would need to totally rebalance all of the weights in an AMR profile for it to be even halfway useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post

Thanks.
    I don't know offhand since I don't use Ask Mr Robot. From my experience the default builds are garbage, like one of them suggesting to go 20k+ spirit and stack haste. Like, wtf.

The stat weights for my priority, if you want to plug it into AMR, would be something like (I haven't done the math, just estimating):

Int: 1
    Crit: 0.8
    Mastery: 0.5
    Spirit: 0.3
    Haste: 0.25

So, in other words, 2 mastery = 1 intellect in value, and 1 int = 0.8 crit in value (meaning crit gemming = more stat value over int gemming)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amezea View Post
    The default disc build on Ask Mr Robot should be totally ignored. I am being suggested to lose 15% Mastery, 10% Crit, 1.1k intellect and 1.2k spellpower to gain 14k spirit. Apparently my default guaranteed optimal should be 24k spirit!

The crit / mastery > all else is correct for 10 mans as well. You might need a little bit more spirit compared with 25 man since you won't have as many HoH or MT to throw around, and the chances of getting well optimised gear is less, but the priority is still heavily towards crit / mastery.

You would need to totally rebalance all of the weights in an AMR profile for it to be even halfway useful.
    Aren't PoH and PWS spot healing used far less in 25m? Atonement + DS/Halo on CD alone can be supported by probably 6k-7k spirit trivially for a 10 minute encounter, and in 25m there's not much else. I would have thought 10m, for those reasons, would need more spirit.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2014-03-12 at 07:09 PM.

Deleted
    Aren't PoH and PWS spot healing used far less in 25m? Atonement + DS/Halo on CD alone can be supported by probably 6k-7k spirit trivially for a 10 minute encounter, and in 25m there's not much else. I would have thought 10m, for those reasons, would need more spirit.
    Yeah, I would think that is something to do with it as well. I only raid 10 man myself so can't really comment on that. Your weightings look good though. I think I had to almost give crit parity with intellect to stop AMR giving funny suggestions but that might have changed since I last looked at it.