Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    This one's a bit more silly compared to the ones linked but I always liked it ever since I first saw it. The classic:

Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

I don't speak Russian at all, but the Russian metal band Aria has some killer stuff. The song title Krov za Krov translates to Blood for Blood, and I know the song is about Pontius Pilate but that's pretty much all I know of the lyrics:

Master, also Russian:

Bulgarian band Epizod, I speak not a word of Bulgarian, I don't even know what the song is called in English:

Spanish folk metal band Mago de Oz:

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, one more, this one in Swedish. Falconer usually sings in English, but they have a couple of bonus tracks and one full album in their native language:

Language of the Gaels - Dan Ar Braz.

Really like the sound of Gaelic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    Patience and reason do appear to be in short supply these days in the gaming community.

makes me want to learn Norwegian.

\m/

The normal opening is good, and pretty darn cute if you understand it.

The english version of it is as good, if not better... and fairly accurate to the original, scarily enough.

Here's the Japanese version of the opening for Space Dandy. It's kind of fun, but not overly amazing.

And finally, it's extremely short American version, no vocals at all... far more reminiscent of the opening to Cowboy Bebop, Tank.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sigur Ros. Not a bloody clue what their songs are about, but god it's beautiful.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Heard it in Fifa, loved it ever since.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like Leander Rising, although I now have an idea of what the lyrics are about, since they released an English version of their debut album. But I was already listening to them back when I didn't have a clue, so I would say it counts. And I don't know how much they had to change the lyrics for the English version to make them fit.

One last one...

Heard this during one of the Eurovisions, and it was amazing. I am a fan of good ska, and even if I can't understand anything other than one phrase (guess which) it is still a headliner on my ska playlists.

Quote Originally Posted by Inward View Post
    I like Leander Rising, although I now have an idea of what the lyrics are about, since they released an English version of their debut album. But I was already listening to them back when I didn't have a clue, so I would say it counts. And I don't know how much they had to change the lyrics for the English version to make them fit.
    Funny thing, I speak Hungarian (my father is Hungarian), lyrically speaking it reminds me a lot of Hungarian folk songs. At least the Gloomy Sunday one. It was an interesting twist. I never really listened to Hungarian music since I was a young kid, you peaked my interest a bit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Meiluy View Post
    One last one...

Heard this during one of the Eurovisions, and it was amazing. I am a fan of good ska, and even if I can't understand anything other than one phrase (guess which) it is still a headliner on my ska playlists.
    And my Mom is Greek :P. Also I never really listened to Greek music beyond the occasional stuff my Mom used to listen to or stuff at weddings and such. So I'm a bit amused now.

I am sure there are many but these are the 2 that most stand out for me:

Suo Gan:

and In Paradisum:

Quote Originally Posted by Clockwork Pinkie View Post
    DU HAST!
    That one is actually easy.
    He just keeps saying "You have me" which is a play on words of something usually said at a marriage ceremony. It's a tongue-in-cheek song.

This is my contribution

I expected a lot of anime songs, I wasn't disappointed.

I originally didn't know the lyrics meanings but now I do :P
    New season. Fun times.

" Who would of thought a small kid from Aberdeen, Washington, who was always labelled a B+ player, who would of thought that guy could of main evented Wrestlemania? Nobody. Nobody except ...you guys."

Deleted

Always manages to put me in a good mood

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't find a better link, the target song is "Trash around Kremlin":
    http://music.yandex.ru/#!/track/16150374/album/1762131
    I know both native language of the band and language they wrote it in, but still have no idea wtf is that. Don't think anybody, including authors know.

Chinese groove/thrash metal

Serbian old school speed/thrash metal \m/

That's what first springs to my mind.

10+ Year Old Account

There are tons that I love and don't understand. This song was the first one to pop into my head.

E Nomine has a few I like quite a bit.

Although at 2:20 I can VERY CLEARLY hear her whisper softly "I'll have a tuna".