Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    One that I encountered by accident the other day: Odnijela Te Votka

I actually find myself listening to it without watching the video.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Deleted
    Gortoz a Ran

Denez Prigent is singing in Breton; I think Lisa Gerrard sings in the "language" she made up in childhood.

10+ Year Old Account

A song about the end of the world

k-pop time

Quote Originally Posted by Kuax View Post

That's what first springs to my mind.
    Oh sweet, I thought about linking some Turbo too, but decided to limit it to 4 songs at the time.

Here's Holy Dragons, a speed/power band that sings in Russian, though they are actually from Kazakhstan:

Arida Vortex, more Russian power metal:

Avalanch, Spanish power metal:

Hungarian heavy metal band Ossian:

i'm german, but here are 2 tracks from france and 1 from poland i like

Deleted

not a clue, but its nice!

Can't post any links yet...

youtube.com/watch?v=U-VtSeUWFto

A Love before Time (Mandarin) - CoCo Lee (From the Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon Soundtrack)

There is an English version but it doesn't sound as great as the Mandarin version to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Basically any song by Eluveitie that's not in english (usually those are in the ancient gaulish language)

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Whidbey View Post
    Recently discovered Sukiyaki, unfortunately after Sakamoto's death. Loved it!
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2014-03-08 at 04:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    <snip>
    Thinking about it, it's kinda weird that I've never seen Arida Vortex live, despite that they're quite often give concerts here.
    Ossian reminds me their countrymen Pokolgep:

I've got few Avalanch's albums, but don't really like spanish power metal, it's too soft to my liking.
    Sort of derailment (well, that thread isn't supposed to be serious anyway), here's some interesting stuff:
    HMR, they position themselves as brutal heavy, but it's more like heavy/thrash with occasional hardcore elements. Couldn't find non-live video on youtube, tho.

Painkiller-inspired heavy/thrash:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5znPFxbSzP0
    One of the earliest soviet metal bands:

One of my favorite songs since the first time I've heard it >10 years ago:

Belorussian clone of Ария:

And something quite rare - iranian metal band with female vocals (english lyrics, tho):
    Last edited by Kuax; 2014-03-08 at 05:07 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    How could I forget my personal favorite Leekspin.

Don't think I've seen any french up here yet, and I think Japanese is just too obvious anyways. =)

Sleeping Dogs soundtrack, just. Hell yeah.

This cover hit the charts when I was stationed in germany. I thought it was in german, but I guess my memory is in error. =) Anyhow, it was great hearing it on the radio, especially the dance remix.

I was gonna throw in some opera or something for Italian, but then I remembered this piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuax View Post
    Thinking about it, it's kinda weird that I've never seen Arida Vortex live, despite that they're quite often give concerts here.
    Ossian reminds me their countrymen Pokolgep:

I've got few Avalanch's albums, but don't really like spanish power metal, it's too soft to my liking.

Belorussian clone of Ария:
    Oh yeah, I hadn't heard Pokolgep in ages, forgot all about them. And lol, yeah, the Aria influence is strong in that one above.

As for Spanish power metal, I'm not an expert on Spanish acts, but of those I know I don't find them particularly softer than any other country's power metal acts. If you don't like power metal in general I get it, but if German, Swedish, or Finnish power metal is fine for example, and language barrier isn't an issue, I don't really see why Spanish would be any different. I mean take Tierra Santa or Warcry. I mean yeah, they're not brutal or anything like that, but I wouldn't say they're any softer than Edguy, or Helloween, or Stratovarius, or Hammerfall for example:

Not power metal, but here's an album I like in Turkish, another language I speak not a word of:

It's just so energetic. I generally don't like rap either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Oh yeah, I hadn't heard Pokolgep in ages, forgot all about them. And lol, yeah, the Aria influence is strong in that one above.

As for Spanish power metal, I'm not an expert on Spanish acts, but of those I know I don't find them particularly softer than any other country's power metal acts. If you don't like power metal in general I get it, but if German, Swedish, or Finnish power metal is fine for example, and language barrier isn't an issue, I don't really see why Spanish would be any different. I mean take Tierra Santa or Warcry. I mean yeah, they're not brutal or anything like that, but I wouldn't say they're any softer than Edguy, or Helloween, or Stratovarius, or Hammerfall for example:

Not power metal, but here's an album I like in Turkish, another language I speak not a word of:
    It's not really music (tho, then I think about spanish power metal, Tierra Santa and Avalanch are the first bands which came to my mind, and they're examples of more softer power metal), it's more about language. Sure, it's still possible to sound brutal in spanish, if you take bands like Brujeria, Machetazo or Tu Carne, but power metal generally isn't trying to be brutal, so softer language makes it softer. Also I'm more into more aggressive power like Gamma Ray, Primal Fear or Seven Witches.

Yeah, pentagram is very interesting, it's eastern melodies incorporated into metal makes them quite unique. Btw, if you didn't hear them, check Almora (tho, they're mostly sing in english):

You might like Alkonost. Seen them live, they're awesome!

Armenian band, but they sing in english and russian:

Too bad it's not fully in norwegian, but whatever, that song was epic before that word got so devalued!

Deleted