Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Pleasant

* Female: Australian, makes me melt inside a little.
    * Male: Russian/Latin, the former has some pretty cool sounding phonetics while the latter can sound very 'divine' for lack of better words.
    Last edited by Dezerte; 2014-03-07 at 11:19 PM.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Most pleasant
    Men: English (with a British accent)
    Women: French

Least pleasant
    Men/women: Russian

Everything said in Russian is like nails on a chalkboard to me.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Least pleasant: Russian and german
    Most pleasant: French or Italian

Most: Hebrew, French, Latin.

Least: German, Russian

Klingon wins both
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Most pleasant is probably English, because I understand it best. Then Spanish, because I understand it second best. Then probably Swahili or Russian or Estonian.

Least pleasant are probably Mandarin, Thai, Portuguese, Greek.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    i just hate russian and similar languages from east europe.
    they just sound aweful to me.
    i like the sound of scottish accent in english. i realy liek the tone to it.
    aside from that, french is too "mooth" for me, italian is ok and i realy like japanese, but probably more for the japanese culture/animes then the language itself

Deleted
    Pleaseant: English and any of the Latin languages (except Romanian).

Least pleaseant? Russian, Mandarin and German.

Deleted
    Most pleasant: English, Italian, Latin, Greek
    Least pleasant: German, Turkish

Norwegian sounds utterly ridiculous. It's like, do they really talk like that when there are only Norwegians around, or are they just playing the most elaborate prank on the world?

English sounds the best, the Barack Obama kind of American English that is, not British or American South type of English. Nor Canadian.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    Norwegian sounds utterly ridiculous. It's like, do they really talk like that when there are only Norwegians around, or are they just playing the most elaborate prank on the world?

English sounds the best, the Barack Obama kind of American English that is, not British or American South type of English. Nor Canadian.
    The fuq?!?!
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Deleted
    Finnish sounds like shit to people who don't know it, and to some native speakers as well (such as me.)

Deleted
    Least: russian
    Most: Irish, its like the saints themselves pissin in your ear

10+ Year Old Account
    No offense India (who I realize has more than one language), sorry to have to tell you, but just not feeling that accent... And it really wasn't made for trying to speak English with...

Most pleasant... eh, most any one that I can tolerate without thinking "shut up shut up shut up shut up" in my head.
    Last edited by OzoAndIndi; 2014-03-08 at 12:08 AM.

Deleted
    The most pleasant languages to me remains Arabic, turkish, danish and proper English, not the bastardised American English, ACTUAL English of the United Kingdoms, specifically England and I like the scottish tongue as well... In more ways than just accent... Romani too.

The least pleasant will have to be the bastardised American English, Russian, Swedish and French.

Deleted
    GOtta go with

+ Scottish / Canadian
    - Japanese or Chinese (do like korean though, sounds a bit different too me)

Also. I heared some norwegian yesterday, they had like a *purring* R, I really liked that one, but well, cant judge the rest

Deleted
    Engrish (Japanese style Engrish) is the most ear grating thing I have ever head, the pronunciation is bad.

Least pleasant is any language that is spoken fast like Spanish. Just sounds like they're yelling and in a hurry.

Most pleasant would be Irish for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!

I used to be fine with Russian but after playing dota 2, whenever I hear someone talk it I feel like punching their face in.

Deleted
    Most pleasant: British (!) English, Latin, Finnish
    Least plesant: Turkish, Russian