Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Warlords of Draenor 27th June 2014??

Hi All,

Was ordering some games from an online website and Warlords of Draenor was up for pre-order with a release date of 27th June 2014! Hmmmm.......

Not sure if I am allowed to post links?

<links snipped>
    Laters....

Moderator note: I snipped the links because the correct answer given several times below doesn't require going to any sites. [ML]
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2014-03-08 at 10:05 PM.

It's just a guesstimate. Same as how other websites list it as September or later.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

The release date will come from Blizzard, not an online retailer.

One post, link for a CD Key website.

I'm 100% sure this guy isn't advertising his own website.

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of different game retailers do this for a lot of different games. They are simply placeholders until the official release date is announced from Blizzard.

Some people deem that these dates hold no relevance to the release date, but I believe that they are educated guesstimates.

In the future there are several threads regarding release dates etc. Try to post in those so that we don't have too many "release date" threads.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

We are 2 weeks into the last PvP Season of this x-pac. And from what i know seasons go for 20 weeks+. That means roughly 5 months.

After that we need what 2 weeks - 1 months for 6.0 to sink in.

I say autumn.

Deleted
    just wait... its all we can do. ignore placeholder dates from online shops - all it can do is create confusions

It's a guesstimate. Imho, that would be a quick Beta if that were the release date. I don't see Blizzard rushing the Beta testing phase. I also don't see the need to rush the process. The more testing - the better.
    Last edited by Dolus; 2014-03-08 at 10:57 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolus View Post
    It's a guesstimate. Imho, that would be a quick Beta if that were the release date. I don't see Blizzard rushing the Beta testing phase. I also don't see the need to rush the process. The more testing - the better.
    yup... to many mmo has come out to quick, full of bugs and annoying features that was broken. Just take "warhammer online" which looked great (on paper) but at release it was basicly broken - and the servers couldnt handle sieges or anything. It was released around Wotlk time, and now its gone forever.
    i know that WOD is "just" an expansion, but if there are to many bugs people will complaine and eventually leave (unless you are a fanboi)

just make it right the first time, and screw if we have to wait a month or two more...
    (account canceled since january 4.th, waiting for WOD)

July - August

Deleted
    December.

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

It looks like it's coming out in August.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/2073...e-market-share

"investors are looking toward the release of "World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor" in August."

Quote Originally Posted by Goremonger View Post

"investors are looking toward the release of "World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor" in August."
    Still not set in stone and not an official announcement.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

100% sure that's not the release date for 2 reasons:

1. It didnt come from Blizzard
    2. Its not a Tuesday

All Wow expansions have been released on a Tuesday that way if anything happens with the servers, they can have maintenance planned and nothing will be out of the ordinary if the servers go down.

They told their investors it would come out in the second half of the year, most took it as Q3, which is July-August-September. A late June release would be possible, but late July/early August sounds more likely at this point.

" I wrote this article myself, and it expresses my own opinions."

It's just an estimation on quarters.

Deleted
    Wait patiently, we will find out soon enough. Bottom line is they have to market "something" with "some" placeholder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulscorch View Post
    We are 2 weeks into the last PvP Season of this x-pac. And from what i know seasons go for 20 weeks+. That means roughly 5 months.

After that we need what 2 weeks - 1 months for 6.0 to sink in.

I say autumn.
    Dont. dont start this crap. Holinka stated that 20 weeks *feels about right* when speaking generally about pvp season durations. it in no way indicates Blizzards intent to ensure that this extra pvp season will last the full duration. thats right.. this pvp season is extra. it didnt even get its own set of rewards, just slightly increased stats of last seasons rewards.

any date is still plausible, though June is the most likely candidate right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    They told their investors it would come out in the second half of the year, most took it as Q3, which is July-August-September. A late June release would be possible, but late July/early August sounds more likely at this point.
    Except that isn't a great time to release. I think late August is more of a possibility. People say US Labor isn't such a good time either but I can't see it going beyond September.

Early June wouldn't be so bad but once it starts getting into 'high summer' then too many people are going to be distracted by vacations. I know I would defer until the end of August if they launch much past the middle of June.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    Dont. dont start this crap. Holinka stated that 20 weeks *feels about right* when speaking generally about pvp season durations. it in no way indicates Blizzards intent to ensure that this extra pvp season will last the full duration. thats right.. this pvp season is extra. it didnt even get its own set of rewards, just slightly increased stats of last seasons rewards.
    In three years time no one will remember this as the runt PvP season that didn't count. There's no evidence to suggest that this won't run the full duration and if it wasn't then Blizzard would be honour bound to inform people of this possibility now before they devote themselves to farming gear and building rankings?

If 20 weeks 'feels about right' then why did they let the last season go to 22 weeks. Surely if they thought this was going to be a shorter season they would have shortened the last season to make this one a more reasonable length?

If you think this season is intended to be cut short you need to provide some evidence that it will be different.

It may not have got its own set of gear but this possibility of this season was prepared for last summer, well before they knew what state they would be in now. It may be that they'd rather go with their re-colours and keep their team working on WoD than spend time designing another tier of PvP gear.

I don't know when they'll be ready but I think they'll let this season play out to a meaningful conclusion before the pre-patch and then we'll have at least 4 weeks of pre-events before the expansion hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Pozix View Post
    100% sure that's not the release date for 2 reasons:

1. It didnt come from Blizzard
    2. Its not a Tuesday

All Wow expansions have been released on a Tuesday that way if anything happens with the servers, they can have maintenance planned and nothing will be out of the ordinary if the servers go down.
    Actually Wrath of the Lich King came out on a Thursday. It was really nice to have it so close to the weekend.

- - - Updated - - -

August is probably a strong possibility a t this point. I don't agree with most of the rest of that article though. (ESO being PC GOTY, being "1,000 times better than WoW" according to MMORPG "experts")