Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Ok, so 2 things. Ogres should be next race and we need to tone up

Yeah, so ogres should be the next race. Come on...fucking Ogres!

Also, after playing to level 87 in Mists of Pansies, I am not liking the tone. Too cutesy, its harshing my mellow. I feel as a warrior that I should be a bad mofo in a bad place, not running through a field and shooting rainbows out me arse. Does the vibe get any darker at all? Man. Does this get any better later on? I feel this expansion has been designed and taken over by a 12 year old girl.

I have just started playing MOP after un-subbing just before MOP came out, after 8 years straight of raiding. I quit because I thought MOp would suck and so far, well its not looking good for me. I have not got to end game yet so maybe that will be the saving grace. I really hope the tone darkens though, I can feel myself switching teams and getting all feminine and shit, thats right...I am afraid I might turn Alliance.

You know, part of it is I have never liked Monkeys, I just don't trust them and MOP has too many damn monkeys. Those little bastards spread diseases, throw feces and are known lying bastards. Never liked them or trusted them at all.

So in short:

I want to be an ogre and this game needs a little ( alot) more darkness.

Edit** and I hate monkeys
    Last edited by Grogo; 2014-03-08 at 02:58 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    so much flamebait in a single post... not entirely sure what to say. The whole race speculation things seems a little old at this point, new new race for at least 2 years, brah.
    /\ Was this sarcasm? Are you sure?
    || Read it again, I'll wait.
    || The results may surprise you.

Do ToT and SoO, it isn't very cutsey then.

Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    Do ToT and SoO, it isn't very cutsey then.
    Yeah? It darkens a lot more then?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    Yeah? It darkens a lot more then?
    MoP has always been dark but your selective perception may not make you understand.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

How does one repeat the same thing a year later?
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...d-expectations
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

The theme of MoP was the Alliance & Horde fucking the whole continent up.

I don't know, its been seeming pretty fluffy to me so far.

You tried it a year ago and said the exact same thing. What makes you think it would change redoing it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Then you are being obtuse or ignoring it to favor your argument. Mental gymnastics.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    In the first zone you set two native clans/tribes against each other and unleach a manifestatiojn of a bloody old god, destroying the statue which the Celestial was going to use to reincarnate and generally fucking up the Jade Forest...
    Valley of the Four Wind's I'll give you, save the last part where you fight off the Mantid from the west.
    Krasarang Wilds had Dezco and the 5.1 faction war/dailies.
    Kun-Lai was being f*cked by sha, yaungol and mogu.
    Townlong was pretty dark with the sha hunting.
    Dread Wastes... Name says it all.
    Vale of Eternal Blossoms... Has now been destroyed.
    Isle of Thunder, pretty damn dark I guess.

Also, after playing to level 87 in Mists of Pansies, I am not liking the tone. Too cutesy, its harshing my mellow. I feel as a warrior that I should be a bad mofo in a bad place, not running through a field and shooting rainbows out me arse. Does the vibe get any darker at all? Man. Does this get any better later on? I feel this expansion has been designed and taken over by a 12 year old girl.

I have just started playing MOP after un-subbing just before MOP came out, after 8 years straight of raiding. I quit because I thought MOp would suck and so far, well its not looking good for me. I have not got to end game yet so maybe that will be the saving grace. I really hope the tone darkens though, I can feel myself switching teams and getting all feminine and shit, thats right...I am afraid I might turn Alliance.

You know, part of it is I have never liked Monkeys, I just don't trust them and MOP has too many damn monkeys. Those little bastards spread diseases, throw feces and are known lying bastards. Never liked them or trusted them at all.

So in short:

MoP is a lot darker than you guys think... I believe it's the fact that there is a race of anthromorphic pandas in it that makes you think that but when you actually look at the lore, pandaren had a pretty rough history.

Relax boys, I am not spitting on WoW here, but you have to admit the tone is a tad....dainty?

Relax boys, I am not spitting on WoW here, but you have to admit the tone is a tad....dainty?
    Walking in a circle saying the same thing isn't going to help your argument.

The Tone is exactly the same minus the Huge over powered antagonist who wants to destroy all life for some stupid reason.

Always cracks me up when people think this expansion is somehow not dark, and is childish. It's completely incorrect.

Jade forest and Valley of the Four Winds are lighthearted for sure. The rest of the zones are pretty dark. Kun Lai is full of tragedy, Townlong is under constant onslaught, dread wastes just might be the darkest zone in the game, and the current version of the Vale is pretty harsh. Isle of thunder was completely epic, as was ToT. The 5.1 karsang expansion had a pretty dark story line on both sides. 5.3's genocide of other races was potentially the darkest thing to happen inside WoW (sorry Lich King, you had a compelling story, but the whole WotLK expansion was "I'll get you next time!")

Compared to other expansions, this was fairly dark. TBC didn't really have a coherent storyline throughout. WotLK felt darker for sure. But cata was missing all sorts of darkness. Uldum was just a big Indiana Jones movie, and besides Mt. Hyjal, the rest just felt like "I'm evil because I"m evil"...which isn't very immersive.

So yeah, if you're getting all of your feeling about this expansion from what the pandaran say when you click on them, but not actually reading the quests, then it probably comes off as light hearted. But it's not.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want to be willfully ignorant so be it. It's one thing to have a different opinion, it's another to just ignore it blindly.

Warrior-Magi

So in short:

Wow, you got all the way to 87 ALL BY YOURSELF!? Awesome.

I agree that Ogres should be playable, but the rest of the post is garbage.

10+ Year Old Account
    This fucking guy again.....don't you have anything better to do?
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.