Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I love how Sauls big bro forgets himself and walk outside in his own thoughts with a little smile on his face - amazing supporting character who seems to forget his strange condition when he no longer have to worry for his kid brother.
    The show started out abit like a smalltime crime/hustler portrait but is now switching to a actual courthouse drama. It feels more coherent than Breaking Bad, which had scenes which almost was to surreal. BCS is credible even when it is most absurd - for example when Saul talks class act lawsuit while lying at the bottom of a garbage container.

In my eyes the best new Tv show from the last few years. I hope it keeps up the high quality.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by skitzin View Post
    I mean if you're looking for a lawyer and your have the choice between a guy in a bomb of an old car or the guy who drives a merc, who do you pick? You'll pick the guy with the merc because he has the appearance of someone successful. His actual ability as a lawyer may be lower than the other guy but that's not something you'll likely be able to determine without being a lawyer yourself in many cases so you'll pick the one that looks good. It's basic consumer/marketing behaviour.
    so you're picking the guy with achievment and ilevel over the guy with good logs.

Quote Originally Posted by onedirection View Post
    so you're picking the guy with achievment and ilevel over the guy with good logs.
    Of course.

I have a feeling that :

The law suit Jimmy and Chuck are going forward on will get undermined by the other partners at HHM. The already alluded to the fact he is still on a contract with them regarding his services etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Amazing episode. Fuck chuck TBH.
    Hi

Deleted
    Great episode, didn't see it coming, can't wait for next weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    It seems like Saul's brother is like jealous. If it were my brother (jk I'm an only child how the fuck would I know what I'd do) I would get up and hug him. I'd even guess Hamlin not hiring Saul as a lawyer was partially Saul's brothers fault.
    Called it.

That ending left me heartbroken. I honestly knew it was going to happen like that but man seeing it like that...I feel so bad for Saul.

The part with Mike was pretty badass. The fact that Nacho showed up was cool. I was wondering how they were going to recycle him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    Amazing episode. Fuck chuck TBH.
    On some level i can understand him. Jimmy has some rough edges and he tend to end up in legal grey areas. And if Chuck really has The Law on a pedestal he would probably also have build up a an aversion against all the Slicky Jimmies he have been facing in his career. But it is multilayered.
    The acting is so amazing in this show that we almost can see it in Jimmy's eyes, he knows it. At the same time we can feel Chucks conflict - but in the end it is just to big of a disappointment for Jimmy that his brother cant se pass his flaws.

The Show keeps getting better. Mikes arc has enough material for another spinoff - the scene where he dissected the concept of being criminal was brilliant. He could have been a cop straight out of a James Ellroy story before things blew up.

Quote Originally Posted by verdamte View Post
    On some level i can understand him. Jimmy has some rough edges and he tend to end up in legal grey areas. And if Chuck really has The Law on a pedestal he would probably also have build up a an aversion against all the Slicky Jimmies he have been facing in his career. But it is multilayered.
    The acting is so amazing in this show that we almost can see it in Jimmy's eyes, he knows it. At the same time we can feel Chucks conflict - but in the end it is just to big of a disappointment for Jimmy that his brother cant se pass his flaws.
    I agree that maybe when Jimmy got his lawyer license it was an okay move to not hire him, since HHM is reputable and Jimmy got his degree from a weird place and wasn't proven to have stopped scamming.

But now? On the case Jimmy worked so hard for after being straight and trying to do elder law after taking care of Chuck all this time? Chuck had no right to not let Jimmy work on the case. And that room had like 20 fucking other lawyers there. Jimmy couldn't help with 1/20th of the case? Ridiculous. Chuck is despicable.

he Show keeps getting better. Mikes arc has enough material for another spinoff - the scene where he dissected the concept of being criminal was brilliant. He could have been a cop straight out of a James Ellroy story before things blew up.
    I say it every single time but the writing in this show is godly. Truly top notch.

Saying Mike should get a spin-off is diluting the show though and sounds like a really bad idea. Mike already had this episode titled after himself. He already proved himself a badass after playing off coming unprepared and then actually doing serious research. Which, btw, Nacho doing work not-for his boss is prob gonna show back up in season 2.

Next week is season finale. I'm depressed.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw I wanted to laugh at how everyone is calling each other at like crazy late times in this show and they all happen to be up. Call me at that time, my phone is on silent, you wouldn't hear from me til I wake up.

Chuck is a pig fucker too.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Deleted
    I agree that maybe when Jimmy got his lawyer license it was an okay move to not hire him, since HHM is reputable and Jimmy got his degree from a weird place and wasn't proven to have stopped scamming.

But now? On the case Jimmy worked so hard for after being straight and trying to do elder law after taking care of Chuck all this time? Chuck had no right to not let Jimmy work on the case. And that room had like 20 fucking other lawyers there. Jimmy couldn't help with 1/20th of the case? Ridiculous. Chuck is despicable.
    No doubt that it was a horrible kick in the nuts. But i still understand Chuck somewhere - like, in his motives. Why he act like that. Both brothers is faulty - Jimmy the younger brother, on a moral slippery slope. He sometimes do questionable things because he needs big bros respect. Big Brother on the other hand. Too proud. And perhaps a bit of repressed childhood jealousy (newborn gets all the attention).
    No doubt that Chuck did a horrible thing. But i wouldn't be surprised if we are going to see some self imposed penances from Chuck.

I say it every single time but the writing in this show is godly. Truly top notch.
    It is incredible good. Every scene, no matter how indifferent it seems, has depth - they never compromises and make fillings. The scene where Kim speaks Jimmy's case for example. We can all agree that Kim's Boss is a arrogant sob. But in that scene we still get these extra subtle layers. Even he cringe because of how they treat Saul - at that point we know Chuck is behind.

Saying Mike should get a spin-off is diluting the show though and sounds like a really bad idea. Mike already had this episode titled after himself. He already proved himself a badass after playing off coming unprepared and then actually doing serious research. Which, btw, Nacho doing work not-for his boss is prob gonna show back up in season 2.

Next week is season finale. I'm depressed.
    Yea, no spin offs of Spin Offs - i am just saying there's enough gravity in Mikes part that he could have carried his own show.
    And yea, bummer it already is finale. Hopefully GoT and Mad Men can fill out the waiting

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Chuck is a pig fucker too.
    I fixed that for you. As stern as Hamlin is and as unlikable as he may be, you have to look at him in a new light. All the things he's done to Jimmy has been because of Chuck. Hamlin is actually a victim, having to be portrayed as such a bad guy and taking Jimmy's wrath just because of his loyalty to Chuck.

No doubt that it was a horrible kick in the nuts. But i still understand Chuck somewhere - like, in his motives. Why he act like that. Both brothers is faulty - Jimmy the younger brother, on a moral slippery slope. He sometimes do questionable things because he needs big bros respect. Big Brother on the other hand. Too proud. And perhaps a bit of repressed childhood jealousy (newborn gets all the attention).
    No doubt that Chuck did a horrible thing. But i wouldn't be surprised if we are going to see some self imposed penances from Chuck.
    I don't think Saul explicitly wanted Chuck's respect. I think Saul was just doing his own thing and Chuck was a dependable older brother.

I also don't think Chuck is proud or jealous. I think Chuck is more thinking "I lived my whole life well and practicing law, and Jimmy wants to be on my level after the scammy shady life he's led flirting around the law? No way." Kind of a question of can people change?

Again, at the time Jimmy became a lawyer he needed more time to prove himself so maybe Chuck was justified in at least not wanting Jimmy in his own firm, but recently you have to believe that Saul was a good lawyer trying to do the right thing.

This episode man, touched me deeply. My family too thinks low of me, and is at the moment content with my status as an industrial worker in a factory, at 22. They didn't want to pay for my university anymore (not a poor family, maybe intelectually poor), after I've done 2 years, and had another 2 left. So this episode, I felt it in my nuts, in my chest, in my gut.

Fuck Chuck and fuck Hamlin for listening to him- yeah Hamlin's not the MAIN bad guy but he's still a bad guy.

I know Saul ( we can call him Saul now, right? Pretty sure Saul Goodman will be born next episode ) will somehow screw them over in return.

Fantastic show.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Fuck Chuck and fuck Hamlin for listening to him- yeah Hamlin's not the MAIN bad guy but he's still a bad guy.
    i don't think Hamlin is a bad guy. All he's done is be a true friend & partner to chuck. yeah he was a bit of a hard ass to Kim, and he's been pricky to Jimmy, but that's only cause of Jimmy doing shit like the billboard.

I think the writers will have more room to show the real hamlin now that the truth has come out that chuck was a secret bag of dicks.
    Hi

i don't think Hamlin is a bad guy. All he's done is be a true friend & partner to chuck. yeah he was a bit of a hard ass to Kim, and he's been pricky to Jimmy, but that's only cause of Jimmy doing shit like the billboard.

I think the writers will have more room to show the real hamlin now that the truth has come out that chuck was a secret bag of dicks.
    Hamlin still screwed Jimmy over twice. I understand first time, but this time it's a major dick move. I don't care that chuck's his friend, this case proves Jimmy is a good lawyer.

And the fact that Jimmy saw the trickery and Chuck didn't despite having had the chance to ( Chuck saw the hoaxed documents before Jimmy and didn't see it ) is saying something.

Hamlin still screwed Jimmy over twice. I understand first time, but this time it's a major dick move. I don't care that chuck's his friend, this case proves Jimmy is a good lawyer.
    Hamlin literally did his job. His partner, his senior, one of the most well respected lawyers, one who he was lucky enough to be a partner with, tells him "hey Hamlin. I know this is weird but I don't want you to hire my brother." What do you want him to do? That's peer pressure to the max.

Hamlin literally did his job. His partner, his senior, one of the most well respected lawyers, one who he was lucky enough to be a partner with, tells him "hey Hamlin. I know this is weird but I don't want you to hire my brother." What do you want him to do? That's peer pressure to the max.
    I always thought it was because Hamlin had a thing for Kim and he was jealous of Saul.. I never really looked at it this way.

10+ Year Old Account

And the fact that Jimmy saw the trickery and Chuck didn't despite having had the chance to ( Chuck saw the hoaxed documents before Jimmy and didn't see it ) is saying something.
    You're missing the point that chuck is a partner of the firm, and long time friend of hamlin. If a partner in a big law firm doesn't want to hire they should have veto rights. Hamlin is just doing right by one of the partners of the firm.

Hamlin hasn't fucked jimmy over, it was all chuck.
    Hi

You're missing the point that chuck is a partner of the firm, and long time friend of hamlin. If a partner in a big law firm doesn't want to hire they should have veto rights. Hamlin is just doing right by one of the partners of the firm.

Hamlin hasn't fucked jimmy over, it was all chuck.
    Chuck doesn't want to hire Jimmy because he's fucked in the head and doesn't realise Jimmy is a good lawyer. His reasons are biased and Hamlin's throwing away a giant law suit for it.