Casual question from a feral who hasn't played in a long time.

Back when I played, a non-feral druid could effectively keep a feral druid CCed indefinitely in one fashion or another.

Hibernate x3 (17.5 seconds) > Cyclone x3 (10.5 seconds) > Root x3 (even if only for the GCD to shift out of it)> Repeat.

Did they EVER do anything to break this CC chain? Shorten the duration of Hibernate, give it a cool down, give it a sharing DR with Cyclone, anything?

Been wondering for a while and I always thought that was one of the most retarded middle fingers blizzard ever gave feral druids along with how they ate a Judgement of Justice every time they ran in doors in TBC.

If you allow people to cast Hibernate on you then it's your own fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    If you allow people to cast Hibernate on you then it's your own fault.
    Doesn't answer the question and ignores huge sections of PvP where you could. I won't lie, even I abused this on other ferals when I couldn't take them otherwise.

can exclude root at all, it's useless cc against feral
    about others, you have to be fast to interrupt, otherwise ur fault for letting it be cast on you

MoP has destroyed pvp, crowd control everywhere, you thinking of druids only,
    how about endless rogue stuns, priest's, warriors and locks fears...

Quote Originally Posted by Zstr View Post
    can exclude root at all, it's useless cc against feral
    about others, you have to be fast to interrupt, otherwise ur fault for letting it be cast on you

MoP has destroyed pvp, crowd control everywhere, you thinking of druids only,
    how about endless rogue stuns, priest's, warriors and locks fears...
    I played mainly during TBC.

And roots couldn't be excluded from the CC as it still hit you, you weren't immune to it, you could just shift out of it.

When I played, you could use the combo I listed about and only give the druid about 2 seconds of freedom over 30 seconds unless he stayed out of form which was effectively a self CC to begin with and if you shifted out many restos would use a Natures Swiftness just to hit you with it or watch you OOM from all the shifting (much cheaper now though so not a major problem with mana cost)

I was asking what, if anything, had blizzard done to break that as it was retardedly OP against a feral to the point even other ferals would abuse it, especially if they caught you at range.

And again, still doesn't answer my question.

We did answer your question, you're just not listening to what we are saying.

Yes, obviously is it still technically possible to CC a feral druid like that, but if you let someone hardcast 3 hibernates in a row (and get them off) then hardcast cyclone 3 times in a row and not do anything about it (either counter pressure or interrupt) then you are doing something horribly wrong. So yes, you can CC a feral for a long time, but it's not "retardedly OP" because to be able to do it you essentially need the enemy team to be AFK.

We did answer your question, you're just not listening to what we are saying.

Yes, obviously is it still technically possible to CC a feral druid like that, but if you let someone hardcast 3 hibernates in a row (and get them off) then hardcast cyclone 3 times in a row and not do anything about it (either counter pressure or interrupt) then you are doing something horribly wrong. So yes, you can CC a feral for a long time, but it's not "retardedly OP" because to be able to do it you essentially need the enemy team to be AFK.
    Actually, if you catch them at range, with the trinket down, you very well could hardcast it multiple times in a row, especially if you caught them at range.

And not everything requires a team. There is a such thing as 1v1 or in BGs where you have a 1v1 where the other guy is just using it to pin you down to help arrives. I personally did that a few times when I played. In WSG I would sit on a feral flag runner and keep him hibernated, cycloned or running in caster form the whole way till help arrived. It was retardedly OP, which is the whole reason why I asked.

But you did answer my question, unlike the previous posts, that they have not did anything to break that other than make shifting cheaper and skull bash, but at range you can still be just as screwed. Thank you for at least giving me that bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Actually, if you catch them at range, with the trinket down, you very well could hardcast it multiple times in a row, especially if you caught them at range.
    You mentioned you don't even play the game any more yet your apparently an expert at CC and PvP playstyles. Why are you even asking questions?

Seriously, if you are able to CC someone for 20 seconds then they're probably AFK. Almost any class can technically do it to any other class, it's nothing specific about Feral Druids, it's just near impossible to pull off and there are significant downsides which come with fully DRing CC on someone.
    Last edited by Glurp; 2014-03-08 at 06:01 AM.

there are DR on those things, they can't do that forever
    Roots are shapeshiftable in 1 sec, just keybind form and press it, also they are break on speed effects - Dash and Stampeding Roar
    Hibernate is break on damage, in Cyclone you Immune to anything, you just can take a fap break fro those ~13 sec, and think of ur next moves
    against boomkins, just zerg them, not much troubles from chickens
    against resto,well like any other healers , the only win way is to exhausted them on mana and in real world

you outdated, it's not tbc outside...3 expansions have past

You mentioned you don't even play the game any more yet your apparently an expert at CC and PvP playstyles. Why are you even asking questions?
    I was asking out of curiosity if they had ever changed it as when I did play it was retardedly overpowered.

I even mentioned I played mainly in TBC. I was pretty decent during the time I played, not now or else I would already know the answer which is the whole reason why I asked for an answer instead of peopling trying to call you bad if you got caught in it which answered nothing related to the question.

I played mainly during TBC, I quit during WotLK and I tried Cata but left quickly as I didn't even feel like a player during then in PvP and felt like a healers pet trying to OOM the other healer in 20 minute fights. Never tried MoP.

My question is coming mainly from the knowledge standpoint of a player from the TBC era asking if they had changed that issue.

Never tried MoP.
    then go try and see for yourself

Could have just answered his question with a "No, they haven't done anything" and left it at that.

nah, they have added skull bash, so you can interrupt it

nah, they have added skull bash, so you can interrupt it
    I knew about skull bash, I used it before too, honestly thought it was funny that they gave us another feral charge with a different name and slightly different animation, all they had to do was remove the feral charge - bear dead zone and it would have been the same thing with an increased spell cost debuff.

I was talking about getting stuck at range against someone using that setup or having to deal with more than one person so you couldn't get them both at a time. Would be like a Warlock being able cast not only seduce but banish on you as well, can you imagine the balance issues if they got both of them without any issue or shared DR between them?

Giving ways to avoid the situation doesn't say they have done something about the situation if you end up in it.

ferals are very mobile, they got speed buff, charges, different root brakes, skull bash is also a little charge, you are never stucked in the range, unless u stunned or fear this are 2 weakness of feral, but with good healer behind that dispells it's no bad
    if you that curious, pay the game and go play, it's easy to gear up and find partners now, words can't give you the feelings
    or maybe google some feral pvp videos, sodapoppin for example

ferals are very mobile, they got speed buff, charges, different root brakes, skull bash is also a little charge, you are never stucked in the range, unless u stunned or fear this are 2 weakness of feral, but with good healer behind that dispells it's no bad
    if you that curious, pay the game and go play, it's easy to gear up and find partners now, words can't give you the feelings
    or maybe google some feral pvp videos, sodapoppin for example
    I have noticed you keep talking about help from others, even on this one, I wasn't saying exclusively in groups with a dispeller, I was talking in general.

As for the pay to play again, not an option for me as I am unemployed fighting VA Doctors and the Department of Veteran Affairs over a spinal injury, for the time being, I am on $130 per month from the 10% disability they have me at while they finish paperwork and do whatever else they are doing. I am on a zero spending budget for the next few months and can do next to nothing but free stuff.

One thing I did like before the whole arena craze kicked in, when you mentioned PvP, people didn't automatically assume there are always others there or asked who your partner was, they actually assumed 1v1 in either duels or world PvP many times. Then arena kicked in and they tried to emphasize it more and more to the point you mentioned PvP and the next questions assumed it was in a group.

But will take your word on it though, thanks.

I have noticed you keep talking about help from others, even on this one, I wasn't saying exclusively in groups with a dispeller, I was talking in general.

One thing I did like before the whole arena craze kicked in, when you mentioned PvP, people didn't automatically assume there are always others there or asked who your partner was, they actually assumed 1v1 in either duels or world PvP many times. Then arena kicked in and they tried to emphasize it more and more to the point you mentioned PvP and the next questions assumed it was in a group.

But will take your word on it though, thanks.
    In duels ferals are great spot, but game is not balance 1vs1 anymore: RBG, Arenas, Randoms is where the real pvp is now where you get you penis measurements in ratings,achievements and gear. World pvp is `kinda dead` for now coz of gear scaling imbalance between pvp and pve items.
    In those pvp activities you need partners, however if you choose really casual way with only random bgs, it will be very long grind for your gear, to stay competative, and you will find also that opposite teams are trying to run in groups, and you will be just zerg in few seconds