The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Bombers successfully ruined GSF.

Just saying, before Bombers GSF was fun and fast paced and people actually had dog fights.

Now most matches are 4 bombers on the enemy team all just dropping rail sentries, mines and Repair probes and flying around in circles and basically becoming unkillable due to the fact you can't even get near them without losing half your hull/shields to bullshit probes which for some reason have nearly as much HP/Shields as a Scout..

GG Bioware, way to kill what was a fun side game, swing and a miss!

Deleted
    The problem with Bombers imo is that they've allowed Pre-made groups to be close to invincible. Before they'd be hard to beat obviously but with the introduction of Bombers it's now infinately harder to defeat the many, many pre-made grps out there. 1 Bomber laying mines, 1 repairing and dropping drones, 1 GS to protect from other GS's and one scout can all but keep a node indefinately.

I love my bomber but I'm not sure we needed a 4th ship type tbh (with a 5th coming this summer with the introduction of Infiltators). Rock, paper, scissors...and a sledgehammer?

Quite annoying, true. I thought the same when being one-shot by gunships at the beginning, but I've learned to cope with that somehow.

We would need something to counter the mines and rail sentries - a minesweeper!

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyr View Post
    Quite annoying, true. I thought the same when being one-shot by gunships at the beginning, but I've learned to cope with that somehow.

We would need something to counter the mines and rail sentries - a minesweeper!
    Gunships however where much easier to attune to, since they had Pros and Cons that were about equal, high damage but slow, less mobile and easy to outrun/flank in a faster ship.

Bombers However seem to have a lot more Pros than cons. Able to dish out High damage whilst keeping mobile, able to cover an area with mines/sentries/ shields/repairs so if they do get a scout/Strike Fighter on their tail they can lead them through a variable clusterfuck of defense, and are quite durable.

After spending multiple days playing just GSF in the sub/preferred release, I can say that once Bombers came in I have spent less time in a month playing it than I did in a few days back then.

Yeah. It may be that I suck at GSF (which is a high probability), but bombers absolutely destroy everything in my experience. Watching single bombers at a point easily defeat 2-3 attacking fighters is just silly. The fact that they are so tanky while doing so much damage is really pretty absurd, especially given that they appear to be as mobile, if not more mobile, than gunships.

They are a bit too tricky for the average pubby to deal with.

I don't have a problem with the minelayers, but the dronelayers are a bit much. Would be nice if they took a damage hit.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yeah. It may be that I suck at GSF (which is a high probability), but bombers absolutely destroy everything in my experience. Watching single bombers at a point easily defeat 2-3 attacking fighters is just silly. The fact that they are so tanky while doing so much damage is really pretty absurd, especially given that they appear to be as mobile, if not more mobile, than gunships.
    Agreed.

There one of the reason I find myself doing more PUG runs VS playing GSF.

Bombers need some re-balancing.

Bombers have improved this game greatly. Before it was a battle scout festival.

Ahahah, so they copied star conflict... and star conflicts issues, then?

I remember a few months ago, there was a patch that made heavy ships pretty much unstoppable. Everyone went heavy with beams.

Sort of sucked because before it was a "scout festival"

It will get fixed eventually.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

GSF was a failure from start. Was doomed before bombers came out.

Now they should start making the crap they promissed when the game was released. Large pve based off rails starship missions. Guild ships and guild ship raids

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    GSF was a failure from start. Was doomed before bombers came out.

Now they should start making the crap they promissed when the game was released. Large pve based off rails starship missions. Guild ships and guild ship raids
    Outside of some balancing issues, GSF has actually been pretty successful. It's a solid addition to the game even if it's sorta like a bolted on second game.

And no, they never promised large PvE based off the rails starship missions that I recall. If you have a link to that promise, I'd be happy to read it. As for guild capitol ships, it's something they've talked about wanting to implement eventually, but they've never promised it nor given any kind of timeline.