Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    ESO is a spinoff from the series, so its not TES6. Just like WoW isn't Warcraft 4.

I doubt we'll see TES6 for a while yet, unfortunately. But I would love it to cover the entire continent of Tamriel and maybe even a bit beyond. But that would make it larger then an MMO...

Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Conqueror View Post
    But there are no negative reviews... they're all positive. I've kept an eye on all the major media outlets over the past weeks, watched tons of different guys streaming the game and everyone is loving the game.

Was there an initial negative kneejerk response at the start of the first beta weekend this year? Yup. Did many people quickly change their mind once they got deeper into the game? You betcha, even Angry Joe posted his apologies very soon after his first video...
    Yes, because there are no people who just stopped caring about this game after open beta test? From you it sounds like every single negative person become positive. Also don't forget that Angry Joe get his revenue from views not truth and he can tweak/twist and change his opinion to cater to majority.

Also all your positive reviews means almost nothing, because you can go to Metacritic and read and notice how SWTOR gained 85-90 rating by different reviewers. But we all know how SWTOR ended up.

Quote Originally Posted by OmniSkribe View Post
    Also all your positive reviews means almost nothing, because you can go to Metacritic and read and notice how SWTOR gained 85-90 rating by different reviewers. But we all know how SWTOR ended up.
    And I am sure you will be the first one celebrating if ESO gets bad reviews and it will "confirm" what you thought. Easily molding results to your liking both positive or negative.

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    ESO is a spinoff from the series, so its not TES6. Just like WoW isn't Warcraft 4.

I doubt we'll see TES6 for a while yet, unfortunately. But I would love it to cover the entire continent of Tamriel and maybe even a bit beyond. But that would make it larger then an MMO...
    I agree with both points. We won't see TES 6 for a while, 2018-2020 is my guess. Bethesda Game Studios will first work on and finish Fallout.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only people I've seen saying that ESO is bad have been random people on forums. Sorry.

Usually if you'd watch streamers play games they'd be pretty outright honest what they think about a game too, and I've not seen a single streamer disliking the game so far.
    So if your not a video game journalist or a streamer your opinion about something is entirely useless? oh please...

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    But there are no negative reviews... they're all positive. I've kept an eye on all the major media outlets over the past weeks, watched tons of different guys streaming the game and everyone is loving the game.

Was there an initial negative kneejerk response at the start of the first beta weekend this year? Yup. Did many people quickly change their mind once they got deeper into the game? You betcha, even Angry Joe posted his apologies very soon after his first video...
    ... I'm sorry but that's just not right.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Yeah, because I can't for the life of me imagine why anyone would call the ESO I played a bad game. I suspect there is just a lot of unwarranted word-of-mouth going around. Usually when a game isn't very good, you'll have more than just random forum commenters pointing out the flaws.
    May I wonder, do you count people of your country who votes for different president/government member as citizens of it? By your logic anyone who disagree with your opinion don't have an opinion and shouldn't be allowed to open their mouths.

I'm also can bet my kidney that you believe everything you see on Fox News. Since they are official news anchor.
    Last edited by OmniSkribe; 2014-03-08 at 12:50 PM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by c0da View Post
    Utter nonsense. The lore community is getting behind ESO now, when they were hesitant previously. Lady Nerevar who is probably the most important community person in terms of TES lore and handles the Imperial Library is on the ESO train. In fact, she was on a ESO podcast yesterday talking positively about the game.
    Fair enough, that's good for ESO I suppose, but be that as it may; I've still seen quite a lot of the community who still aren't "behind ESO". Granted I'm not aware of how important they are for the "TES community", but negative feedback is, after all, still negative feedback, even if it just is a man on a soapbox. Oh speaking of which... Is there a proper explanation of the "half-giant" you meet in the start of the game? I mean, I saw the giants in Skyrim, and for a human'ish creature to mate with them seems... Well absurd.
    Last edited by Venziir; 2014-03-08 at 12:53 PM.

I wouldn't mind another TES game, as long as they leave spiders out of this one...

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    The only people I've seen saying that ESO is bad have been random people on forums. Sorry.

Usually if you'd watch streamers play games they'd be pretty outright honest what they think about a game too, and I've not seen a single streamer disliking the game so far.
    Well, to be honest, people who stream games and such are, after all, still just "random people on forums", albeit somewhat less random due to their "stream fame".

- - - Updated - - -

I agree with both points. We won't see TES 6 for a while, 2018-2020 is my guess. Bethesda Game Studios will first work on and finish Fallout.

If that's the case, then 2018-2020 sounds overly positive heh.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, because I can't for the life of me imagine why anyone would call the ESO I played a bad game. I suspect there is just a lot of unwarranted word-of-mouth going around. Usually when a game isn't very good, you'll have more than just random forum commenters pointing out the flaws.

Take the "negative reviews" comment as an example.

People keep telling eachother there are lots of negative reviews... but there aren't. And once you point out that there aren't any, and people can't show you any, they start saying: "Oh that doesn't matter! SWToR had good reviews too and see where that got it!". That shows to me that people are just bullshitting eachother or themselves.

I think ESO has an unwarranted negative reputation, for whomever knows what reason, but ... hey, suit yourself. I'll be enjoying my Elder Scrolls 6 in ESO over here while you guys keep on LFRing Siege of Ogrimmar or whatever other game, I guess? I'm suspecting people will start to swing around once they actually see how good ESO is instead of just believing the rumours...
    Because subjectivity? A fine example of subjectivity; I for one, find ESO to be the worst MMORPG I've ever played, only outmatched by the LEGO MMO that died a few years ago, the only positive thing I can say about it is the fact that they have John Cleese as a voiceactor. You do not agree, and neither of us are right, because of subjectivity. Taa daah!

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    But there is no negative feedback.

There is just a bunch of people telling eachother there is negative feedback. That is something quite different...
    .... Now you are just being silly. EVERYTHING (and yes, I do mean *everything*) gets negative feedback and remarks. Because that's how humans work. Quick google search; http://www.modvive.com/2014/02/10/be...most-negative/ - I didn't read it, but that's not needed either because I simply just had to show you - that there is negative feedback. Not necesarrily good feedback or useful or even insightful, but still negative. The link also has more links that'll lead you to more negative feedback, oh and the link is less than a month old so...
    Last edited by Venziir; 2014-03-08 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    If that's the case, then 2018-2020 sounds overly positive heh.
    They usually take 3 - 3.5 years to make a game. If they have been working on Fallout since 2012 then it should be out by 2015. Take another 3-4 years to make TES 6 and it should be a 2018-2019 release.

Oblivion = Mar '06
    Fallout 3 = Oct '08
    Skyrim = Nov '11

10+ Year Old Account
    Subjectivity. Your own opinion on ESO is not a fact.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    They usually take 3 - 3.5 years to make a game. If they have been working on Fallout since 2012 then it should be out by 2015. Take another 3-4 years to make TES 6 and it should be a 2018-2019 release.

Oblivion = Mar '06
    Fallout 3 = Oct '08
    Skyrim = Nov '11
    Well I was, somewhat, joking obviously. That said, is Fallout 4 (or whatever they'll call it) still a rumor or...?

And I am sure you will be the first one celebrating if ESO gets bad reviews and it will "confirm" what you thought. Easily molding results to your liking both positive or negative.
    Actually no. I do not laugh at other failures. Right now I really like many things of ESO, but there are little few that are deal breaker for me. I will wait few months after release to make a final decision on buy it or not. If it'll be a clusterfuck like SWTOR on release I'll just move along because there are a lot of other games. If it'll be a stable game with good community and actual future (in my opinion) then I'll jump in because I actually want to play it.

- - - Updated - - -

ESO is a great game, everyone that claims differently are just ... wrong. Objectively fucking wrong, until they can define sensible and rational arguments to proove the opposite.
    Wow. /applaud.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Nah, subjectivity is a bullshit cop-out in this case.

Usually I can recognize when people are pointing out flaws of something in a sensible manner. But that isn't the case right now. It's the first time I feel like this too in the opinion of a game, I only see al ot of parroting going on.

ESO is a great game, everyone that claims differently are just ... wrong. Objectively fucking wrong, until they can define sensible and rational arguments to proove the opposite.
    I do not mean to insult you, but what are you, 12? If you honestly think that you can win an argument with such rhetoric, I don't think you know what "subjective" and "objective" means... Well, unless you work at Fox News as a reporter obviously. Do I need to link you even more articles, written by people who writes reviews for a living, or are they and their arguments also just "cop-outs"?

Also, the last sentence makes no sense. You want people to objectively argue in order for their subjective opinions to have any merit? Wut?

Nah, subjectivity is a bullshit cop-out in this case.

Usually I can recognize when people are pointing out flaws of something in a sensible manner. But that isn't the case right now. It's the first time I feel like this too in the opinion of a game, I only see al ot of parroting going on.

I'm kinda with you on this one. Some people just parrot others or create negativity out of thin air (perhaps they feel like they are whiteknighting other games?).

ESO is a good game,aye. Is it going to be everyone's cup of tea? Very unlikely.

Some animations are off-putting (Personally, I'm immune to this, dan you Bethesda! :P), it's not very casual friendly (compared to other games of the genre), the setting, while high fantasy, is not very flashy (i'm talking flashy anime stuff here), and, from the available info, more pvp-centric than it's heavy competition.

In my opinion, the issue is that people automatically trash a game because they don't like it.
    Hey, I don't like PES, is it a trash football game? Not at all.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    You probably should. Because the only thing it does again is saying that there is a lot of negative feedback.

What we're dealing with here is just a mass of people telling eachother there is a lot of negative feedback, without there actually being any negative feedback. Everyone that gets deeper into the game, loves the game to bits. Almost no exceptions.

I'd challenge you to get into the game and do your first dungeons and then tell me the game isn't fun. You won't be able to. I'd give you my right arm, my left foot and my left arm too if you'd honestly believe the game isn't good after you've gotten deep enough for your first dungeons. And if you come and try tell me you already did and didn't like it... I just won't believe you.

I've reviewed tons of games over the years, I've played tons of games and I've loved all the most conformist bottom-of-the-barrel games from WoW to League of Legends and I can usually recognize flaws in games and understand it when people make negative remarks. Because, yes, there'll always be -some- negative remarks... but this is something completely different. I'm feeling as if I'm witnessing the first case of mass-hypnosis induced by people bullshitting eachother and that I should go find some tinfoil hats before I start parotting that there are many negative reviews too, without actually having seen any...
    http://www.lazygamer.net/general-new...rielly-un-fun/ - A negative review.
    http://www.pcgamer.com/previews/the-...line-hands-on/ - Another negative review.
    Both reviews were actually linked in the original link that I posted, but apparently you didn't notice them... Or you ignored them.

Oh and "Everyone that gets deeper into the game, loves the game to bits. Almost no exceptions" - Well, there you said it yourself; there are exceptions. I did get into the game, I did do a dungeon, and it wasn't fun. It was a horrid clusterfuck and that's my opinion, but apparently you do not believe that, so why the fuck bother?

And no, this isn't something different. There will be negative comments and negative remarks, there will be good comments and good remarks and there will be wierd comments and wierd remarks - because; People are different and thus likes different things. This isn't nuclear physics, it's common knowledge. You aren't witnessing a mass-hypnosis (and if anything, you should take OFF the tinfoil hat), you are simply witnessing different people liking (and disliking) different things.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marthenil View Post
    I'm kinda with you on this one. Some people just parrot others or create negativity out of thin air (perhaps they feel like they are whiteknighting other games?).

ESO is a good game,aye. Is it going to be everyone's cup of tea? Very unlikely.

Some animations are off-putting (Personally, I'm immune to this, dan you Bethesda! :P), it's not very casual friendly (compared to other games of the genre), the setting, while high fantasy, is not very flashy (i'm talking flashy anime stuff here), and, from the available info, more pvp-centric than it's heavy competition.

In my opinion, the issue is that people automatically trash a game because they don't like it.
    Hey, I don't like PES, is it a trash football game? Not at all.
    That, however, works both ways. Some people will just "parrot" others and praise things without reason because they can and while doing so, they can also bash and trash anything else, while promoting their newfound "God" without having the sane ability to realise that nothing is perfect and that everything has flaws.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Clearly they have made the perfect game, and only delusional people dislike it or even have anything bad to say about it.

...Anyway, I haven't played the game yet myself (waiting for release, don't bother with beta), so I can't judge, but really, stop saying anyone that expresses their dislike for the game is bullshitting or wrong. Opinions do exist, and the game is not almighty Christ himself just because you love it.

On topic, it's hard to say what ES6 would be about. It could continue story aspects introduced in Skyrim, or it could pull a Skyrim itself and jump hundreds of years into the future for something completely different. I'd like a location that's a bit more tropical after Skyrim's climate, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, Anarch, challenge accepted. I was in one of the earlier beta stress tests, and I felt the game was underwhelming for these reasons:

-Combat wasn't responsive enough for an action-combat-like game.
    -No visual feedback. Your weapons move, but NOTHING in the enemy animation suggested that your swing/spell actually connected.
    -Animations in general were just... floaty. The distance a creature/character moved was different from what their animation suggested. Moving 50 in-game cm for a 30cm stride, etc..

^ These are all fixable, so I may enjoy the game more after a second go. They are also objective flaws.

And, to be honest, my biggest gripe with ESO has to do with design decisions regarding lore and world-building. If the gameplay is good enough, I may be able to ignore that.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P