Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ...
4
12
13
14
15
16
LastLast
  1. #261
    Dreadlord Panzerchrist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The land of ice and snow.
    Posts
    995
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    What's the polite thing? Dumbing my skill down to your level?

    Wait... You think that a good wow player carrying a noob is like an NBA player carrying a high school player? You do realize that NBA players already do this, right? The kids love it.

    I haven't been carried since classic, and I didn't mind it one bit. If there is a good player out there that completely outclasses me, and carries me in an instance, I would be in awe and complement him/her on their skill. I wouldn't shun the person helping me. Only an ungrateful idiot would do such a thing.
    skill =/= outgear the content with dps, so you can make the tank feel worthless.
    And the NBA thing doesn't work here. The NBA guy doesn't force the kids on the side of the field cause he can do this alone.
    Last edited by Panzerchrist; 2014-03-10 at 10:03 PM.

  2. #262
    Herald of the Titans Sibut's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,730
    Quote Originally Posted by mackeral View Post
    what a horrendous post,

    OT myself as a tank and any healers I run with give dps a two strike policy.
    1st time dps pull randomly ill taunt and healer will heal. 2nd time they do it they are on their own. If they die it is their own fault. And dps die every single dungeon though I wonder how many learn from it
    That's exactly how I tank, whether or not I have a healer from my guild along. I'll usually just whisper the healer if a dps becomes a problem and ask them to stop healing the dps. I can heal myself through most heroics on my prot pally regardless, so even if a healer ends up stopping to heal the dps I just keep going.
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Come to Detroit for the beer and crumbling architecture.

    Stay in Detroit because someone stole your passport.

  3. #263
    Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    The analogy is valid, but too many people don't give a damn about actually playing the game. They run dungeons not because they enjoy them, but because they want what they can get out of them, so their only metric is "how fast can we go".

    Challenge modes exacerbated this problem by solidifying the idea that "fast = good", and simultaneously creating the erroneous perception that "speed = skill".

    *shrug* not much we can do about it at this point.
    Speed is a part of skill, and challenge modes isn't the thing that created this concept. It's been around for thousands of years.

  4. #264
    Scarab Lord Valarius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Sowf Wails
    Posts
    4,169
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    Give fast dungeon clears =/= be a total dick and just rush everything.

    If you can solo the shit. say so.
    What does this even mean? I am the tank, why would I not go as fast as I can?
    Steam: dartagnus or Valarius | GW2: Valarius.9437 | WoW: Valarius#2649
    Let's play!

  5. #265
    I hate every tank who has the mindset of he has to pull in order to tank. I am a tank. If a dps pulls something, I welcome the challenge of getting it off of him and onto me. If a dps is pulling, it probably means I'm going too slow.

    I've never had problems with dps pulling because I dont wait in between pulls like a most of you moron tanks out there.

  6. #266
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    skill =/= outgear the content with dps, so you can make the tank feel worthless.
    And the NBA thing doesn't work here. The NBA guy doesn't force the kids on the side of the field cause he can do this alone.
    No duh the NBA thing didn't work. Because it was a really bad analogy. But, it does happen in real life. An NBA player goes to a high school and players with the kids.

    "The NBA guy doesn't force the kids on the side of the field cause he can do this alone."

    No one is forcing the other players in the instances to stand back while one guy clears. Why not try and keep up? Gain some skill of your own.


    "skill =/= outgear the content with dps"

    This expansion's heroics are a joke. I was chain pulling rooms of adds as a tank at the start in greens.

  7. #267
    This is my 2-cents:

    The days of tanks requiring control of dungeons does indeed seem to be over, as many have said, but when I roll a new character and try to level via dungeons as a tank I still don't like DPS pulling for me for a few very good (to me) reasons.

    1 - I'm learning how to tank. A tank's job is to pull and gather everything up so it can be DPS'd down. Some pulls are very easy, some are trickier. Having a DPS randomly pull stuff only teaches me how to taunt, which is already pretty easy. I like figuring out ways to deal with pulls in the best way possible, and I make sure to never be slow about it. There is always going to be someone who thinks you're not going fast enough, though.

    2 - Sort of an addendum to the above: Tanking low level dungeons and easy dungeons is already annoying enough. I may not be going fast enough for you (Even though I rarely ever pause), but I'm going at the pace and difficulty level that is enjoyable for me. Having to chase after poor DPS pulls just makes my job that much more annoying, so why continue to do it if asked nicely to stop? People in this thread keep saying how rude and nubbish it is to be "wasting people's time" and "making the chore seem more chore-like", but have you considered that it's rude to the tank to be an impatient douchebag when they're just trying to make the best of a boring role?

    3 - Same as 2, but from a healer's point of view. Unless the healer tells me to go balls out, I assume they're not here for a stressful time and that they just want to chill and get it done so they can go on to the next. Having one person controlling the flow of required healing seems much more relaxing then 4 people trying to do it at once. Atleast that's how I feel when healing normally trivial content.

    Also, try and think about this way. There is a reason why low level tank queues are instant. Noone wants to bloody well do it because of the sheer amount of people who make it a thankless and mentally exhausting task. Try and remember that you're playing a game, and if you're spending most of your time raging at how long things are taking (Especially when it's really not taking that long, just 1-2 minutes then you personally would like it to), then you're missing the point. The game needs to be enjoyable for EVERYONE. If you get into a group that you're not enjoying, maybe leave it yourself rather then forcing everyone else to conform to you... Or even more radically, just calm yourself down and go with the flow. The game environment is already poison enough without people going out of their way to be ruthless venom spitters over the tiniest, inconsequential stuff.

    Too many people in this thread seem to think it's ok to rage at complete strangers just because their view of how things should be isn't being followed, and THAT is why this community suffers so badly.

  8. #268
    Quote Originally Posted by laughtrey View Post
    If you pull when you're not a tank, you're probably going to get kicked. It's how it is.

    We can tell you've never tanked, or at least not for more than 5 minutes. Tanks not getting refreshed on their vengeance slows down their dps and the run as a whole. Your arrogance actually does the opposite of what you think it does.

    But by all means, keep being proud of your ignorance.
    I tank every heroic I do.

    If you had paid any attention to any of the posts I've made, you would know. But hey, let's talk more about MY ignorance, shall we?

  9. #269
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    No, I didn't. But it's also pure speculation that so and so many healers would support a votekick without asking all of them.
    But that's the thing, I DO ask. Any time I have issues with a DPS, I talk to the healer. Normally it starts with "don't heal the moron" and they respond with "LOL gladly!" and said moron dies. If said moron continues, I tell the healer I'm going to vote kick, they respond favorably. So I at least know that my comments are backed up with fact, rather than just speculation.

    I have been on both sides - heals and tank. I've had tanks do the same as above to me when I heal, and I support them. I'm an old school player, apparently one of 'those players', that for some moronic reason actually LIKES IT when people do their fucking job in a party instead of flying off the handle.

    Granted, and thankfully as well, most of my runs go smoothly anyway. It's a very rare case where some idiot decides to do his own thing and eats dirt for it. But I have to say, of all the times I've had to talk to the healer for support on this matter, not a SINGLE FUCKING ONE OF THEM has sided with the moron causing the issues. No healer wants to have to heal more than they have to (at least I don't), and when you have two people trying to tank, that's twice the work.

    I am seriously wondering if the people trying to counter this argument ARE the morons that we normally vote kick, and are just trying to defend their idiocy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .

  10. #270
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    But that's the thing, I DO ask. Any time I have issues with a DPS, I talk to the healer. Normally it starts with "don't heal the moron" and they respond with "LOL gladly!" and said moron dies. If said moron continues, I tell the healer I'm going to vote kick, they respond favorably. So I at least know that my comments are backed up with fact, rather than just speculation.

    I have been on both sides - heals and tank. I've had tanks do the same as above to me when I heal, and I support them. I'm an old school player, apparently one of 'those players', that for some moronic reason actually LIKES IT when people do their fucking job in a party instead of flying off the handle.

    Granted, and thankfully as well, most of my runs go smoothly anyway. It's a very rare case where some idiot decides to do his own thing and eats dirt for it. But I have to say, of all the times I've had to talk to the healer for support on this matter, not a SINGLE FUCKING ONE OF THEM has sided with the moron causing the issues. No healer wants to have to heal more than they have to (at least I don't), and when you have two people trying to tank, that's twice the work.

    I am seriously wondering if the people trying to counter this argument ARE the morons that we normally vote kick, and are just trying to defend their idiocy.
    The fact that you even have time to bother whispering your healer about what a DPS May or may not be doing in a heroic at this point in the expansion makes me seriously question your tanking abilities.

    My chat in heroics tanking consists of "hi friends" followed by 5 mins of pulling and "Ty for run". Anything other than that, then you're probably doing it wrong.

  11. #271
    Pandaren Monk MaxJr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    1,782
    Most video game players are kids, probably between 10-16, don't expect to find any maturity in a video game community because at that age you are not supposed to be mature. People need to get that in their heads and stop complaining about how bad the community is.

  12. #272
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxJr View Post
    Most video game players are kids, probably between 10-16, don't expect to find any maturity in a video game community because at that age you are not supposed to be mature. People need to get that in their heads and stop complaining about how bad the community is.
    You do know most of these 'kids' are players over the age of 20?

  13. #273
    Pandaren Monk MaxJr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    1,782
    Quote Originally Posted by Devechka View Post
    You do know most of these 'kids' are players over the age of 20?
    Stop lying to yourself, don't be ridiculous thinking most gamers are over 20, that's something old gamers say to justify the fact that they are still playing video games when they are 20+.

  14. #274
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxJr View Post
    Most video game players are kids, probably between 10-16, don't expect to find any maturity in a video game community because at that age you are not supposed to be mature. People need to get that in their heads and stop complaining about how bad the community is.
    I'm 31 years old. I tank heroics simply for the fact that I don't want to deal with entitled, control freak tanks who think it's okay to tell people to wait, or to tell them "you pull it you tank it" or any other childish bullshit like that...

    Respect is doing your job, and keeping up with what your job is... BC in SH Heroic? Sure, take your time, CC, mark, do whatever, that's what your job entailed. In MoP 5.4.7 though? Pull shit before your DPS does it for you. Simple as that.

    All this backwards thinking of "I'm the tank, you wait on me" is rude as fuck, and completely unnecessary.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by MaxJr View Post
    Stop lying to yourself, don't be ridiculous thinking most gamers are over 20, that's something old gamers say to justify the fact that they are still playing video games when they are 20+.
    I doubt your understanding of the gaming world.

  15. #275
    Pandaren Monk MaxJr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    1,782
    Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    I'm 31 years old. I tank heroics simply for the fact that I don't want to deal with entitled, control freak tanks who think it's okay to tell people to wait, or to tell them "you pull it you tank it" or any other childish bullshit like that...

    Respect is doing your job, and keeping up with what your job is... BC in SH Heroic? Sure, take your time, CC, mark, do whatever, that's what your job entailed. In MoP 5.4.7 though? Pull shit before your DPS does it for you. Simple as that.

    All this backwards thinking of "I'm the tank, you wait on me" is rude as fuck, and completely unnecessary.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I doubt your understanding of the gaming world.
    Video games were originally directed at kids, and even now most games rated Teen. Keep denying the fact that most gamers are kids, and keep telling yourself most gamers are 20+ just to feel better about the fact that you are in your 30s and play video games. Im out...

  16. #276
    Normally, I let the tank pull, if he pulls more then one group. But if he doesn't or the healer says you can pull more, im going to go grab more and bring them to the tank. Tank can yell or take the aggro. His choice. Doesn't mean I'll listen. Going slow is boring and makes dungeons feel like a huge grind

  17. #277
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxJr View Post
    Video games were originally directed at kids, and even now most games rated Teen. Keep denying the fact that most gamers are kids, and keep telling yourself most gamers are 20+ just to feel better about the fact that you are in your 30s and play video games. Im out...
    So, you're saying you're between the ages of 10-16. Makes sense now, especially with your mic dropping "I'm out" comment. Cute, kid, real cute.

    They should really get parent's permission before being allowed to post here.

  18. #278
    Pit Lord Doktor Faustus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    UK of Earth World & Northern Fat Land
    Posts
    2,418
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxJr View Post
    Video games were originally directed at kids, and even now most games rated Teen. Keep denying the fact that most gamers are kids, and keep telling yourself most gamers are 20+ just to feel better about the fact that you are in your 30s and play video games. Im out...
    Here's a concept for you.

    As you say, games were orginally designed for kids.

    Lets say those kids from 40 years ago still play, guess what?

    They are in their 40 and 50's!

    As each generation grows up, many still play games.

    I started playing games in the 80's, and I still play.

    Many of my friends do... what close-minded world do you live in?

  19. #279
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxJr View Post
    Video games were originally directed at kids, and even now most games rated Teen. Keep denying the fact that most gamers are kids, and keep telling yourself most gamers are 20+ just to feel better about the fact that you are in your 30s and play video games. Im out...
    I think we have an insecure 30 year old over here. We're in the 21st century. Games are a larger industry than the movies now. I would say besides Nintendo most games are made for adults or young adults.

  20. #280
    As a tank, trough my whole history of playing since vanilla, i never had this problem.
    I usually only play a few weeks every major patch, so im always undergeared, and still have no problem with bad play/manners in 5mans.

    The key is to simply pull fast as hell and only slow down when healer is oom, people never have time to type, dps is happy cuz they always got something to hit as you pull next pack before first one is dead.

    For example, Jade Temple only need 4 pulls.
    Last edited by vexew; 2014-03-11 at 08:42 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •