Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lordkangarew View Post
    So I just ran a dungeon and go chewed out by very dead mage and warrior who pulled and I let die. When I said it’s my job to pull, the healers job to heal, and the dps’s job to kill what I pull. Right after I typed that they lost their minds and went on an epic 4 letter rant that I can’t post here.
    This reason I post this is to vent / rant as this lack of respect / etiquette is the main reason most of my friends stopped playing the game as is made it no fun for them.
    Got to love how good gear, the love of big pretty numbers and the occasional ahole seem to be ruining the game for so many.
    The only logical solution to this problem, as a tank, is to pull like a suicidal crazy maniac, grabbing everything in sight even though you know it's far too much for you. Then, if and when you die, you can join the DPS in whining at the healer instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post

Queues for DPS rarely exceed the 5 min mark nowadays. At least not for heroic dungeons.
    yeah 5 mans again i don't really care too much about even the heroics are very cakey with ppl sporting 560 ilvls running it for the valor cap. i think it depends on the battle group maybe, EU cyclone its usually a 30-45 min queue as dps for heroics. tanks and healers its basically instant. ill have to test it actually and see for sure, i might be confusing the queues with lfr. its still a longer wait for dps to waste the time trying to cause wipes when there is no reason to move things along any faster.

if i'm co-ordinating tactics with my bro on lan, then i can ask him to pull more or if hes tanking he can say 'pull the next pack' and the assistance is ready for that to happen but, out of the blue pulls not cool.

in the early days you did have to be carful who you pissed off because you could end up being black listed by most of the ppl who created the runs.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2014-03-09 at 11:50 AM.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    this is what happens when we are playing with randoms with no accountability. that sort of douche behavior that has become the norm these days, would never fly pre LFD/Realm transfer and char name change. just the fact that u had to play with players from your own realm, meant that you had to be respectful in order not to close too many doors.

They don't. That's the thing.
    In most cases you will end up there bitching about the others while they clear the place without a single heal from you. Because well geared DPS nowadays neither need a tank, nor a healer for heroics. Sorry to burst your "I'm in control!"-bubble

Also, you are not the only one with healing spells in your group. As a shadow priest, I have no problems with throwing some offheals on a DPS that makes the run faster for everyone - ensuring that he won't die.
    Thats the problem with the game design and charaters vastly outgearing content, take the point as when doing content at appropriate lvl

But to make a very very valid point, if the dps is randoms pulling etc you actually slowing the run down 99% of the time I have it all the time, rather than be able to pull a room or two I have to run round trying to aggro what the DPS has pulled, and before you say it no the DPS could not kill that many without dying yet they pull them anyway pathetically trying to Speed things up when in reality its just slowing things down.

Things go far faster if you actually (shocking as it sounds I know) let the holy trinity actually do its job that being let the tank, tank, the healer heal and the dps should just be dps'ing is actually more efficient lol
    Last edited by Shakari; 2014-03-09 at 11:58 AM.
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

Quote Originally Posted by siafu View Post
    this is what happens when we are playing with randoms with no accountability. that sort of douche behavior that has become the norm these days, would never fly pre LFD/Realm transfer and char name change. just the fact that u had to play with players from your own realm, meant that you had to be respectful in order not to close too many doors.
    Exactly! Prior to LFD, I never would have even invited a slow ass, control freak tank to one of my groups or deal with their douchebag tanking! And if one was randomly found, he never would have been invited back.

Sadly, however, with LFD people get stuck with ridiculously awful tanks pretty consistently.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's a whole different story if they pull and kill the pulled mobs themselves.
    At the end of the day, it comes down to ettiquette and respect for others, they should not really be pulling just because they can so dont champion the old "it speeds the run up" excuse, wether it speeds up the run or not is meh at best, if you dont have time for a dungeon you shouldnt que for one. If you pull and kill a mob thats up to you, i see it all the time and see those players kicked time and again.

And as for you never encountering a healer who wont heal dps who go try kill stuff on their own all i can say is you are pretty lucky lol i see it all the time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by siafu View Post
    meant that you had to be respectful in order not to close too many doors.
    Until you happened to be in one of the top raiding guilds of the realm. A lot of those people behaved a LOT worse towards "randoms" from their server.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    ill have to test it actually and see for sure, i might be confusing the queues with lfr.
    EU-Raserei is around 30-45 min for LFR and 4-5 min for Heroic dungeons, at most.

Quote Originally Posted by Swifteh View Post
    if you dont have time for a dungeon you shouldnt que for one.
    If I could just run in there on my own, and still get the Valor bonus, I would.
    (Which is why I for example made two additional accounts, so that I can que for heroic scenarios on my own)

Don't get me wrong. Personally, I wouldn't pull as a DPS.
    But I will throw offheals at someone who does if it works out well and the healer still refuses to heal them IF necessary at all.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2014-03-09 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    I have a hard time believing this, mainly because it's all but impossible to die in any 5 mans in the game at the moment.

Also, if you're tanking, you should be tanking instead of bitching about someone else tanking.
    If someone is not doing the role they queued up for, then how will new players actually learn theirs.
    Only act like that if necessary, not because you are too damn ignorant or in a rush.
    Random queues mean random people.
    If you expect standards on speed or competence, then go pug it yourself.

I expect you are the same sort of person who then whines endlessly about lack of skill from players at level cap, blaming them despite ensuring they can't learn their role through actual experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I have a hard time believing this, mainly because it's all but impossible to die in any 5 mans in the game at the moment.
    Also, if you're tanking, you should be tanking instead of bitching about someone else tanking.
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    If someone is not doing the role they queued up for, then how will new players actually learn theirs.
    I expect you are the same sort of person who then whines endlessly about lack of skill from players at level cap, blaming them despite ensuring they can't learn their role through actual experience.
    I think he is exactly that person, yes.

I don't want to resort to name calling and shit so I won't address Compstance directly, or people like him. He reminds me of my friend. My friend was, to put it simply, a jerk. A jerk who believed he was a top notch player. I managed to get him in my guild to do heroic, and he realized he was in way over his head. Only then did he start becoming a bit more humble. That lasted until he got better n more geared, after which he retracted to being a glorified jerk.

Stop projecting your own competence unto others who may be new at the game or are still learning. That is an error in you, not in them. Give em advice, do it nicely. Why is that so hard?
    Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

Deleted
    I usually use a macro to let people know when it's safe to AoE.

People pre-pulling, hunter's with pet's taunt on, DKs in the wrong presence, Ret Paladins with Righteous Fury forgotten to be turned off, Warlocks w/wrong pet (Void) are usually my worst contenders. To all of those, I usually give a friendly reminder first.

In the majority of times, people realize their mistake and comply.
    But some, act butthurted and act like "how dare you to point my mistake" or "cba to turn off taunt".
    I then proceed to whisper the healer "let him die", and bet how many wipes the DPS will endure before leaving.

"You spank it, you TANK it"
    Following that rule since vanilla. Works like a charm.

Quote Originally Posted by Basemath View Post
    I think he is exactly that person, yes.

I don't want to resort to name calling and shit so I won't address Compstance directly, or people like him. He reminds me of my friend. My friend was, to put it simply, a jerk. A jerk who believed he was a top notch player. I managed to get him in my guild to do heroic, and he realized he was in way over his head. Only then did he start becoming a bit more humble. That lasted until he got better n more geared, after which he retracted to being a glorified jerk.

Stop projecting your own competence unto others who may be new at the game or are still learning. That is an error in you, not in them. Give em advice, do it nicely. Why is that so hard?
    Oh, the assumptions It's almost cute.

Oh, the assumptions It's almost cute.
    I may have went overboard with the assumptions and the comparing to my friend, to which i'm profoundly sorry. But my last point still stands. It's evident from all your posts that because you are competent, or you believe yourself to be, you expect others to adhere to your standards. You operate from this high chair of excellence. When frankly, you can stand on the same level with us mortals and still be top notch in what you do.

You expect new tanks/players/newbies to pull/play as swiftly and efficiently as a veteran would? Nonsense. We were all at some point in the past exactly what you now seem to despise.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning-Kruger_effect
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Projection_bias
    Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lordkangarew View Post
    So I just ran a dungeon and go chewed out by very dead mage and warrior who pulled and I let die. When I said it’s my job to pull, the healers job to heal, and the dps’s job to kill what I pull. Right after I typed that they lost their minds and went on an epic 4 letter rant that I can’t post here.
    This reason I post this is to vent / rant as this lack of respect / etiquette is the main reason most of my friends stopped playing the game as is made it no fun for them.
    Got to love how good gear, the love of big pretty numbers and the occasional ahole seem to be ruining the game for so many.
    You were a dick to people in a dungeon and you're surprised they were a dick back ? Then you make a thread here bitching about dungeon etiquette ? I think you, the very dead mage and warrior are all guilty of lacking this.

Quote Originally Posted by Basemath View Post
    I may have went overboard with the assumptions and the comparing to my friend, to which i'm profoundly sorry. But my last point still stands. It's evident from all your posts that because you are competent, or you believe yourself to be, you expect others to adhere to your standards. You operate from this high chair of excellence. When frankly, you can stand on the same level with us mortals and still be top notch in what you do.

You expect new tanks/players/newbies to pull/play as swiftly and efficiently as a veteran would? Nonsense. We were all at some point in the past exactly what you now seem to despise.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning-Kruger_effect
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Projection_bias
    None of my responses had to do with new or learning players, so I'm not sure where that came from. My responses, if you read them, are about the piece of shit tanks that roll tank because they have some sort of control fetish and they believe tha tanking will allow them to live that out on a video game by dragging everyone down to their level, and if they don't, then they stand around talking shit about the DPS who are doing their jobs better (or in some cases the healer).

The name of the game is taking what is thrown at is and making it as easy as possible either through skill or gear. It's why we gear, it's why we learn priorities and strategies, etc. to make life easier ingame. These tanks who throw a fit when someone can make things easier for them are backwards players.

So, I queue for heroics randomly when I get the itch, and I Q as a tank to give people a smooth run, which they can't find everywhere "nowadays".

I'm sorry if that offends you for some weird reason.

Deleted
    As a player of every role, I tank in raids only. In raids (and I mean flex, not lfr) other's really won't dare to pull, since it will easily cause a wipe, so I'm in charge. DPS and healer roles I perform everywhere, since healing a dps who ninjapulls in dungeon doesn't bother me due to the level of my gear. As a dps, I'm nice and just follow the tank.

None of my responses had to do with new or learning players, so I'm not sure where that came from. My responses, if you read them, are about the piece of shit tanks that roll tank because they have some sort of control fetish and they believe tha tanking will allow them to live that out on a video game by dragging everyone down to their level, and if they don't, then they stand around talking shit about the DPS who are doing their jobs better (or in some cases the healer).

The name of the game is taking what is thrown at is and making it as easy as possible either through skill or gear. It's why we gear, it's why we learn priorities and strategies, etc. to make life easier ingame. These tanks who throw a fit when someone can make things easier for them are backwards players.

So, I queue for heroics randomly when I get the itch, and I Q as a tank to give people a smooth run, which they can't find everywhere "nowadays".

I'm sorry if that offends you for some weird reason.
    Well i'm offended by all kinds of douchebaggery, for a lack of a better term. And a player who rolls tank just to satisfy some twisted superiority complex is most certainly an asshole. If you're a jerk to that player then godspeed Though tbh I don't think I have ever come across such a player. Perhaps cuz I also usually queue as a tank and ask the group if they'd like me to DPS for a faster run.

If you're actually nice, polite, and empathetic to new players and only susceptible to raging at tanks with god complexes, then I apologize for completely taking you out of context.

Deleted
    You have the LFD-tool and general easiness of content to thank for this. You'll find the community at large quite the insufferable bunch, though for all their bravado they did not possess the skill to handle Cataclysm heroics. Anonymity brings out the worst in people, and the only way to deal with it is to not deal with it and run with people you know exclusively.

Deleted
    Obviously the right choice of action was to complain on forums about it.
    Taking up the challenge and actually tanking is too hard anyway.

As dps I would never continue to pull if the tank asked not to... as a tank I would never stop the run to complain.

Tanks - Don't be drama queens & Dps - Don't be assholes. It is not rocket science.

Technically, it is the tank's job to protect all members of the group.

- Lol at the guy who is proud of that fact that people always die in his groups because he doesn't know how to properly hold aggro.