Page 1 of 16
... LastLast

Lack of respect / etiquette in dungeons nowadays!

So I just ran a dungeon and go chewed out by very dead mage and warrior who pulled and I let die. When I said it’s my job to pull, the healers job to heal, and the dps’s job to kill what I pull. Right after I typed that they lost their minds and went on an epic 4 letter rant that I can’t post here.
    This reason I post this is to vent / rant as this lack of respect / etiquette is the main reason most of my friends stopped playing the game as is made it no fun for them.
    Got to love how good gear, the love of big pretty numbers and the occasional ahole seem to be ruining the game for so many.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is why I start every run with the phrase "Greetings and inebriations all." It shows that I am competent and courteous, as well as humorous enough to enjoy a death or two. I then give them 15 seconds to orient themselves to the dungeon and buff, and then pull until the healer cries. I always take the widest swath of enemies I can because you know someones gonna wander into that giant pack on the left that you don't need to pull. Better to have it already than have to corral it later.

And if they still manage to get themselves killed, they better release because there is not going to be any point this entire dungeon where we are not in combat long enough for a res to go out. I will make goddamn sure of that.

Quote Originally Posted by lordkangarew View Post
    So I just ran a dungeon and go chewed out by very dead mage and warrior who pulled and I let die. When I said it’s my job to pull, the healers job to heal, and the dps’s job to kill what I pull. Right after I typed that they lost their minds and went on an epic 4 letter rant that I can’t post here.
    This reason I post this is to vent / rant as this lack of respect / etiquette is the main reason most of my friends stopped playing the game as is made it no fun for them.
    Got to love how good gear, the love of big pretty numbers and the occasional ahole seem to be ruining the game for so many.
    I have a hard time believing this, mainly because it's all but impossible to die in any 5 mans in the game at the moment.

Also, if you're tanking, you should be tanking instead of bitching about someone else tanking.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    I have a hard time believing this, mainly because it's all but impossible to die in any 5 mans in the game at the moment.

Also, if you're tanking, you should be tanking instead of bitching about someone else tanking.
    The exact kind of person/mentality that causes threads like this.

"HURR DURR I CAN PULL AS DA DPS COZ STUFF ISN"T HARD, BUT U SHUD BE DA TANK AND TANK ANYWAYS HURR DURR HURF DURF *proceeds to eat own excrement*"

The thing is he shouldn't have to bitch about other people tanking because they shouldn't be pulling to have to tank something. The tanks job is to tank, to pull the baddies to him, keep them on him and the dps to kill them. Not for the tank to pull a group, the dps to pull some other group and yell out "tank save me, for i was dumb and attacked what i shouldn't" If you want to be dumb enough to attack some group on your own rather than the one that the tank pulled shame on you and good luck. On my tank I would probably let you die, on my healer I would probably not heal you and let you die, heck on my dps I would stand by the tank and healer and /lol your stupid toon and then when tank grabs the adds he shouldn't of had to grab then help him kill them.

Deleted
    Assholes in dungeons are nothing new unfortunately. The general mindset of anything lower than heroic raiding is for shits and scrubs is horrible and drive many from just being able to play a game they enjoy. Been that way since Blizzard went down the raid or nothing route.

Deleted
    the thing is, hcs ARE that easy that you dont need a tank/heal.
    ive easily managed to clear an instance just with me as dd and another dd. 2 were afk and the 5th man could have been afk with the dps he did.
    it took a bit longer then your average run but we cleared it no problem at all.
    so, i dont have a problem pulling as dps or letting dps pull as tank (my main) as long as they dont bitch about it that i dont run behind them just to grab every shit they pull.
    they pull, they got to take care of mobs. if they are in my visinity i aggro them. as dd, i just kill the mobs i pull. they die soooooo fast its not even funny.
    hcs are boring as shit nowadays

Deleted
    This is why i don't do dungeons unless i tank or have someone from my guild tank... The general pug tank is bad and slow and wastes my time

Edit: Dungeons can be cleared now without a tank or healer, if people are somewhat competent and atleast in LFR gear

10+ Year Old Account
    There was NEVER any respect in dungeons. Just Arse-holes faking it so they would get invited back.

hmm 5000 posts lol
    Aye mate

While their attitude towards you was shocking, the age old belief that Tanks should be in utter control is nonsense. I've got a DPS & Healing Set and I often pull a lot of the Dungeons because I know I can Heal / DPS the whole lot.

It's faster, more efficient and more fun. One pack at a time, is boring and makes Dungeons take a lot longer then they need too. That said, it doesn't excuse their poor responses.

Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post
    The exact kind of person/mentality that causes threads like this.

"HURR DURR I CAN PULL AS DA DPS COZ STUFF ISN"T HARD, BUT U SHUD BE DA TANK AND TANK ANYWAYS HURR DURR HURF DURF *proceeds to eat own excrement*"
    @Asthreon

With that line in caps, you are kind of making yourself into the type you're trying to ridicule...

On topic : I've tanked a lot myself, and I never understood how tanks can be so upset about people pulling, IF it is some very easy content, where it doesn't matter - just like the Heroic Dungeons of MoP at the moment.

Had a wipe in a low level dungeon earlier, Dire Maul. The tank kept pulling stupid amounts of mobs, didn't bother to hold threat, and kept pulling more. Eventually he just died, despite the fact there were actually two Discipline Priests in the group (one queued as DPS).

It was completely avoidable, but he seemed to think he outgeared the place. He clearly didn't.

Deleted

what a horrendous post,

OT myself as a tank and any healers I run with give dps a two strike policy.
    1st time dps pull randomly ill taunt and healer will heal. 2nd time they do it they are on their own. If they die it is their own fault. And dps die every single dungeon though I wonder how many learn from it

Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post
    While their attitude towards you was shocking, the age old belief that Tanks should be in utter control is nonsense. I've got a DPS & Healing Set and I often pull a lot of the Dungeons because I know I can Heal / DPS the whole lot.

It's faster, more efficient and more fun. One pack at a time, is boring and makes Dungeons take a lot longer then they need too. That said, it doesn't excuse their poor responses.
    This. Tanks being in control is history, healers are where it's at. I just check my mana (we can't go out of mana) and keep on pulling until I feel I wouldn't be able to keep the tank up. Hell, half the tanks that queue for their daily Heroic Dungeon are Fury/Arms Warriors who can't die even if they stand in Commander Vo'jak's Thousand Blades (the whirlwind thing in the tree dungeon). No one wants to be in Heroic Dungeons anymore, because a) gear is useless and b) you're forced to do them if you can't get a heroic scenario group together to farm Valor for the week.

I was tanking at a really good clip since I knew the healer, and I did not bitch till they chewed my ass. Either way they ASSUMED that it was OK to run ahead and pull stuff thinking I would grab it.

Either was I still love the game and will play it for many more years to come .... just hope the ignore list does not have a limit lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mackeral View Post
    1st time dps pull randomly ill taunt and healer will heal. 2nd time they do it they are on their own. If they die it is their own fault. And dps die every single dungeon though I wonder how many learn from it
    ...and what if they don't die? Are you going to complain about them while they are clearing the dungeon on their own, then?

No one likes a tank that says "you pull you tank it", but they were bad if they died, and you were bad for not pulling fast enough. So meh. On topic though, people are awful because LFD tool ruins people, and because the general ease of the game makes people not care.

Quote Originally Posted by mackeral View Post
    what a horrendous post,

OT myself as a tank and any healers I run with give dps a two strike policy.
    You're clearly an incredibly bad tank if dps die in every one of your runs, so I hope I'm missing what you're saying here.

I don't go tank spec, nor do I change gear. I queue up as a tank and DPS my way through heroics when I get the itch to do them to speed things up and not have to listen to awful tanks complain about who has threat...

And you know what? I've never once lost threat Q'ing as a tank for heroics when I'm DPS... So I can only imagine how absurdly, mind numbingly awful an actual tank would have to be to have any amount of trouble whatsoever in heroics.

As far as lower level dungeons go, I leveled my monk as BM and my pally as prot just for quick q's. Never once had an issue with threat, or people pulling, or any other issues... Because I can run just as fast as they can, and they never got to a mob before I did. It's called tanking

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't run with random people if you don't enjoy cooperating with the community.

Either that, or care about nothing and go with the flow. No one wants to do anything but finish the dungeon, we've been farming them since 5.0.4, just get it over with. Takes 5 minutes, it's irrelevant who's tanking or healing when people are ilvl 550 running content that drops 463s.

I agree that people can be shitlords in dungeons, but just don't take it personally. I used to get mad at idiots in the queue all the time, but I stepped back and thought to myself "This doesn't matter at all" and I've been fine since.

Run with guildies or people of your choosing, or try to not care at all. Problem solved.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Quote Originally Posted by Bombadrol View Post

With that line in caps, you are kind of making yourself into the type you're trying to ridicule...

On topic : I've tanked a lot myself, and I never understood how tanks can be so upset about people pulling, IF it is some very easy content, where it doesn't matter - just like the Heroic Dungeons of MoP at the moment.
    Sorry I should maybe have been more clear. I was not upset that they where pulling I was upset that they chewed my ass for letting them die. I can agree with most of the responses, as this is the way of things with such good gear (I mean I have even seen a Boomkin Tank face roll a heroic dungeon) and people attitudes nowadays.

It made me think about the lack of respect.

Maybe when I enter the dungeon my message will be " Welcome all I will be your tank for this heroic please have fun and pull at your own risk! lol
    Last edited by lordkangarew; 2014-03-08 at 11:55 AM.