Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Yeah, assholeness goes up 1000% when there is no penalty for doing so. I let people tank when they pull, if they want to tank I will give them that opportunity, I just dps until they die. I always say "oh, I thought you wanted to tank, my bad"

Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    Yeah, assholeness goes up 1000% when there is no penalty for doing so. I let people tank when they pull, if they want to tank I will give them that opportunity, I just dps until they die. I always say "oh, I thought you wanted to tank, my bad"
    And this is why I queue as a tank on my Frost DK... And it's why I'll keep my Blood spec handing come WoD... So I can give solid runs and don't have to deal with pathetic, control freak tanks.

I'd much rather support those four other people and give them a solid, efficient experience by being a good tank than to go on some control freak rant just because "I'm the tank."

Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    And this is why I queue as a tank on my Frost DK... And it's why I'll keep my Blood spec handing come WoD... So I can give solid runs and don't have to deal with pathetic, control freak tanks.

I'd much rather support those four other people and give them a solid, efficient experience by being a good tank than to go on some control freak rant just because "I'm the tank."
    Well, I guess we know who is the "guy" who runs ahead in this thread. The one who pulls everything in front of the tank, regardless of who may be ready or not. The rockstar puller. This same guy will piss and moan the whole run when he dies too, and its funny, and I laugh, but you know what? They stop doing it. Same guy bitches about wait times but never rolls a tank. Yeah, we all know this guy.

Well, I guess we know who is the "guy" who runs ahead in this thread. The one who pulls everything in front of the tank, regardless of who may be ready or not. The rockstar puller. This same guy will piss and moan the whole run when he dies too, and its funny, and I laugh, but you know what? They stop doing it. Same guy bitches about wait times but never rolls a tank. Yeah, we all know this guy.
    Who exactly is "the guy"? Because it's definitely not me. I'm the one offering quick, efficient runs Q'ing as a tank... You know, doing the job tanks should be doing >.> Thought I made that pretty clear. I hope you tank better than you comprehend what you read <3

Deleted
    i hate doing random dungeons so bad

Who exactly is "the guy"? Because it's definitely not me. I'm the one offering quick, efficient runs Q'ing as a tank... You know, doing the job tanks should be doing >.> Thought I made that pretty clear. I hope you tank better than you comprehend what you read <3
    Sure, sure you do.

Sure, sure you do.
    It's okay, friend. I realize this may seem impossible to a player like you... But there was a time for me that even max level seemed virtually impossible! You'll get there, just keep trying

I wish you the best, friend.

It's okay, friend. I realize this may seem impossible to a player like you... But there was a time for me that even max level seemed virtually impossible! You'll get there, just keep trying

I wish you the best, friend.
    My server first raid titles says I dont give a shit.

My server first raid titles says I dont give a shit.
    Yeah? Well my mom can make better cupcakes than your mom.
    Last edited by Louis CK; 2014-03-09 at 11:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks god I am a geared warlock with 1.2 million HP in instances and 500k HP Ember Taps, so I don't have to deal with little whiny control freak tanks like you.

Never understood how people can be proud of the "I will intentionally try to screw you over just because you hurt my ego" mentality. Makes you feel important or something?

I once got some asshole like this who was like "lawl u tnak kk?" and then when he seen it's not going his way tried to pull more trash on me just hoping that I may die or something without realizing that he just gave me more Embers to go wild with AOE and heals.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2014-03-09 at 10:58 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wow some right arrogant douche'esque replies to the op. While i do not tank anymore, i have in the past and i do play a warrior so im going to air my opinion like everyone has. The tank is, has been and always will be in control of the pace of the dungeon and the pulls (healer mana permitting ofc) anyone who says otherwise, well i dont know which game you are playing....... nor should the tank be harrassed by idiotic heroic raider alts shouting pull MOAR! hurry up etc and wandering aimlessly pulling/agroing unnecessary packs like a blind writhing worm towards their own demise. Wether the game is easy or not does not make it right for others to make pulls. If im on my healer and others are pulling with blatent disregard, they die, its not their job thats the tanks job. OT the op is right that there is no etiquette or manners for that matter anymore. Long gone are the days of saying a courteus hello and stuff which is a real shame, sometimes you do get some nice players in your group but its a rarity nowadays. The dps mindset these days is really poor.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swifteh View Post
    not does not make it right for others to make pulls. If im on my healer and others are pulling with blatent disregard, they die
    They don't. That's the thing.
    In most cases you will end up there bitching about the others while they clear the place without a single heal from you. Because well geared DPS nowadays neither need a tank, nor a healer for heroics. Sorry to burst your "I'm in control!"-bubble

Also, you are not the only one with healing spells in your group. As a shadow priest, I have no problems with throwing some offheals on a DPS that makes the run faster for everyone - ensuring that he won't die.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2014-03-09 at 11:34 AM.

Deleted
    If im on my healer and others are pulling with blatent disregard, they die
    What the fuck are you talking about? Heroic Dungeons are easily solo'ed by a decent DPS with good equipment, so I couldn't care less if I get any heals from a whiney healer playing diva. Plus: Most tanks found via LFD are really poorly equipped and therefore won't hold aggro anyway...

It's cute, though, how healers and tanks still think that they're needed for completing heroic dungeons nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by mackeral View Post
    what a horrendous post,

OT myself as a tank and any healers I run with give dps a two strike policy.
    1st time dps pull randomly ill taunt and healer will heal. 2nd time they do it they are on their own. If they die it is their own fault. And dps die every single dungeon though I wonder how many learn from it
    I call bs on this.

99% of the healers I've done LFD with just heal anyone, mainly the DPS, because the tank is too busy typing out a 1000 word lecture how we have to sniff his rosy turds and wait for his slow ass to pull.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    They don't. That's the thing.
    Sorry to burst your "I'm in control!"-bubble
    You did'nt burst my bubble i play dps, but i would never be a douche just because i outgear the place you know what im saying?

meh when i tank i go by the pull it you tank it mentality, ill keep a decent pace with the healer, but if ppl start pulling ill let them tank the mobs, same goes for hunter pets if they don't remove taunt ill let it die.

in the end if you don't like it as a dps your free to leave and enjoy your next 1hr queue, me on the other hand can also leave and enjoy my 30 second queue.

but its so easy now you can actually tank 5 mans as a dps, the only time dps pulling annoys me is when its in raids and they are pulling packs that will one shot them. or they scatter and go right for the healers. thats usually kick worthy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caelius View Post
    What the fuck are you talking about? Heroic Dungeons are easily solo'ed by a decent DPS with good equipment, so I couldn't care less if I get any heals from a whiney healer playing diva. Plus: Most tanks found via LFD are really poorly equipped and therefore won't hold aggro anyway...

It's cute, though, how healers and tanks still think that they're needed for completing heroic dungeons nowadays.
    You dont always get amazing players in every group ffs, stop the arrogant attitude will you, it doesnt become you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lordkangarew View Post
    So I just ran a dungeon and go chewed out by very dead mage and warrior who pulled and I let die. When I said it’s my job to pull, the healers job to heal, and the dps’s job to kill what I pull. Right after I typed that they lost their minds and went on an epic 4 letter rant that I can’t post here.
    This reason I post this is to vent / rant as this lack of respect / etiquette is the main reason most of my friends stopped playing the game as is made it no fun for them.
    Got to love how good gear, the love of big pretty numbers and the occasional ahole seem to be ruining the game for so many.
    you had 2 choice.

1. tank dungeon an ignore scrubs.
    2. waste your own time by not clearing as fast as you can.

also. lol at mages dying from over pull. l2threatdrop.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    meh when i tank i go by the pull it you tank it mentality, ill keep a decent pace with the healer, but if ppl start pulling ill let them tank the mobs, same goes for hunter pets if they don't remove taunt ill let it die.

in the end if you don't like it as a dps your free to leave and enjoy your next 1hr queue, me on the other hand can also leave and enjoy my 30 second queue.
    Exactly this

Deleted
    You did'nt burst my bubble i play dps, but i would never be a douche just because i outgear the place you know what im saying?
    If the tank thinks that pulling AND killing something as a dps makes them a 'douche', maybe, just maybe they shouldn't be that sensitive?
    It's one thing if they pull and then complain to the tank about not keeping aggro. It's a whole different story if they pull and kill the pulled mobs themselves.

Also, I too have never encountered a healer that refuses to heal a DPS that speeds up the run for everyone in trivial content so far.
    A lot of people here claim that they do it, but in the end, they are still a clear minority.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    Queues for DPS rarely exceed the 5 min mark nowadays. At least not for heroic dungeons.