I am having an issue with real ID

Ok so I quit wow and starcraft and all that but before I did I had added some people on real ID some people I don't particularly want to have my name now and I didn't want to log into the actually game to remove them because at this point I didn't have wow membership anymore and I didn't want them to see me log on because I told them I quit and this has been a long time since I quit a couple months or so. I logged into Battle.net and went to my communication settings and disabled real ID and viewing friends of friends. I wanted to make sure that it worked so I got on a StarCraft account of one of my friends I actually know in real life and I looked at his friends list and my full name was still there but my battle tag is not. So I am wondering if it glitched up and didn't work this was only about a day ago and I didn't know if I had to wait like 24 hours but its still not gone. Is this just because I added him on StarCraft not WoW or did this not work. Oh and I can also still view all of my friends and it still says that they are on my friends list so I don't know what is happening. I can not log back on because I don't want anyone to know. What should I do?
    Last edited by Lambhuo00; 2014-03-08 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Spelled a word wrong in title

Whats the big reason to log in and remove people from the list?

15+ Year Old Account
    Are you saying you don't want to play with your old friends when you login to WoW? Or are you embarassed because you are going back to playing? You can always trick them and say you sold your account, or just reply in chinese just because

Get Battle.net launcher application. You'll see who is online there from your Battle.net friend list without them seeing you unless you start a game. Once they are all offline, start up a game, delete friend list, problem solved.

Mind that the application only shows you those people who play the selected game, so to make sure that really nobody is online, check through all games first!
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.