Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Consider me silly but could someone give more details about earning gold on dungeons. I know that you get some gold at the end (like 1.8g) but is there anything atop of that? I've never gotten anything worth selling from dungeons.
    Other than getting possible good drops, there is nothing else to it. The gold at the end along with random junk from salvaging is where the money comes from.

After I think 2 months of doing roughly 5-9 paths a day and doing world bosses and farming tier 6 materials in between I managed to get my second legendary last night some some help from a guild member. It's a slow and painful process but the trick is not worrying too much about it. I just do dungeons for fun while chatting with guild members on teamspeak. While not always the most efficient, it's actually not that bad to just hop in a random dungeon and having a laugh when someone fails horribly at Lupi.

On that note, if you can find some friends or guildies to do Arah in reasonable amount of time, you get 3 gold at the end instead of 1-2 like the other dungeons.
    Last edited by mmoc973e6c390d; 2014-06-04 at 10:50 AM.

Deleted
    Currently I don't have much. The gold gain has gotten a LOT harder since april's patch. It sucks for me because I'm not a queen at the trading post like some people are. And it's kinda lame that is always the best way to get money in any game, but those who actually play get less.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverbleed View Post
    And it's kinda lame that is always the best way to get money in any game, but those who actually play get less.
    I've never had an issue making money in any other game except GW2. I usually play as I like, sell off any excess or anything I don't use, and achieve a decent level of financial comfort. I found that to be virtually impossible in GW2.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Deleted
    You need to approach Guild Wars in a different way. All the really expensive and difficult to get items are all luxury* and not things you should be aiming to farm for. As you said, it's very difficult to just play the game and make a steady income with that in mind. Instead just play the game and clear through things you want to clear. items like legendaries will come over time provided you save all materials you need and not sell them off. Just enjoy the game for what it is and you'll eventually realize how close you really are to the shiny stuff.

*exception would be ascended gear if you are aiming to do high level fractals. But those aren't for everyone I suppose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't know why, it's ridiculous easy to make gold in this game.

You can make an easy 10g an hour doing practically anything and an exotic piece of armor or weapon only costs 1g. You can seriously be kitted out in normal raid equivalent gear in less than an hour.

I generally float between 300 - 400g (not counting all the currencies I've hoarded and stuff in my bank). Then I go and get all splurgy like and do MUST HAVE a Mini Largos for 100g or something :P
    Valar morghulis

2 pieces of gold and some change.

Deleted
    It's true it's not that hard, but my mind is set to the higher numbers currently. I'm talking about legendary prices. In this situation, it's not as easy as it was, from what I experience. Normally I would have had at least double from what I have now. And that's not a nice feeling xD
    Also I'm not that hardcore player than can be online every single day so yeah, if I could I would do something like a cof farm daily or a boss run the whole evening.

Deleted
    I´m on 56k (and YES in gw2^^)

playing tradepost between pvp games since release

Quote Originally Posted by Inora View Post
    I´m on 56k (and YES in gw2^^)

playing tradepost between pvp games since release
    You should buy me a Twilight? Eh? Eh?

Hehehe

I have 100g saved up. I'm working on getting my legendary, but damn its expensive. I have a lot of what I need, but I still need 250 of each of the T6 fine mats and a ton of other things as well.

The ectos aren't hard as I've gotten my 77 mystic clovers, but those T6 fine mats are so damned rare. I've got about 20-40 of each. And most of those were from getting my mystic clovers.
    Last edited by Eldar45; 2014-06-08 at 08:31 AM.

Deleted
    I invested a ton in those Phoenix skins. They seem pretty popular.

@Bloodlust; Have you turned your T5 mats into T6 mats? Every 50 of T5 can give you around 5-7 of T6.
    It saves you a lot of money, especially if you found a lot of T5. From the past 2 months I have stacks of 50+ of each that way. I did not buy anything and did not sell anything.

Deleted
    like 480g, just by playing the game!

I invested a ton in those Phoenix skins. They seem pretty popular.
    They seem popular, though they don't go with a lot, I still like tormented better...

Just to make sure though, you did notice that the TP has been flakey lately, right? Until you click on an item, the prices may not be accurate. I was seeing phoenix greatswords listed for 250g, when they were actually down to 60g.

Deleted
    I never have that much money. Mainly because when I do, it gets converted into gems because "I NEED THAT".

Though, every 2 weeks or so I usually have a big bank sale where I sell all of my collectibles (and although I can only play on the weekends, I always have a fairly big amount. probably because I salvage EVERYTHING). also, I use my laurels to buy t6 mats, which I sell. I always manage to get around 40-50g a time with this 'system'. it's not much, but I don't have big money-grabbing goals lying ahead of me so I'm content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    They seem popular, though they don't go with a lot, I still like tormented better...

Just to make sure though, you did notice that the TP has been flakey lately, right? Until you click on an item, the prices may not be accurate. I was seeing phoenix greatswords listed for 250g, when they were actually down to 60g.
    Yeah I have noticed the same thing, I had to click every item to 'reset' for the actual prices. This probably happened because 1 person put it on for +/- 65 gold.
    [x][x]. The lines tell enough.
    This is with pretty much all Phoenix skins. As if the team decided to drop the prices on purpose. I do agree the prices were insane the first few days.

Gladly I didn't fall for it. The skins I've invested in already give me a profit of 10g each if I decided to sell them now :3 So that's a nice thing. The only challenge now is to hold onto it xD

Sitting at about 100G now, got all my crafts to 500, Ascended armor and weps made for my one char, and just recently sunk 80G into finishing off my Fashion Collector title. Prolly won't bother with The Emperor, 600G seems a bit silly to dump for that last stage of T3 Culturals. Still got plenty of income to make from map completion, and dailies bring in a slow trickle too. Stopped bothering with farming rich ore veins and world bosses, though those are still fine income sources.

Yeah I have noticed the same thing, I had to click every item to 'reset' for the actual prices. This probably happened because 1 person put it on for +/- 65 gold.
    Probably some side effect of them closing that low-bid price thing.

This is with pretty much all Phoenix skins. As if the team decided to drop the prices on purpose. I do agree the prices were insane the first few days.
    I was going to get a greatsword, but have had terrible luck with tickets. I had 5 scraps, opened 20 chests and am now at 6 scraps. After a while I just lost interest in the skin and seeing the (false) high prices I would probably have just sold mine if I'd gotten it anyway. They really don't GO with anything I have...
    ("does this greatsword go with these boots?")

Gladly I didn't fall for it. The skins I've invested in already give me a profit of 10g each if I decided to sell them now :3 So that's a nice thing. The only challenge now is to hold onto it xD
    The market is funny. I bought the cannisters to make the blue watchwork backpack (default yellow, had green), then decided that the green would be better for that alt anyway, so relisted the blue cannisters. In the two days I had them, they actually went up so I made a couple gold on them.

I don't play the market a lot, just a couple little side things for money when I remember.

I sit happily around 50-80 gold usually with mats in my bank stacking anywhere from 250-700

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Probably some side effect of them closing that low-bid price thing.

I was going to get a greatsword, but have had terrible luck with tickets. I had 5 scraps, opened 20 chests and am now at 6 scraps. After a while I just lost interest in the skin and seeing the (false) high prices I would probably have just sold mine if I'd gotten it anyway. They really don't GO with anything I have...
    ("does this greatsword go with these boots?")
    I have horrible luck with tickets as well. I've opened over 60 but never got past 8 scraps.
    But those skins were bought with gold, not tickets - since I never had a ticket before.

I agree they don't match that fine with other stuff. Who knows in the future.

I've gotten to 10 scraps once or twice, but the most fun was getting a ticket when I was after Chiroptophobia. It was like the willy wonka golden ticket, running from the bank (I keep a bunch of chests in the guild bank) to the black lion guy.

Deleted
    So as an update to my thread, I've made ~50g in 4 days flipping stuff casually on the TP. That's more than half my previous total gold.. That Human set will be mine soon!