Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Around 500G, but I'm kind of "lost" what to do/buy with it. =/
    Going for a legendary is an option, but I'm not a fan of buying a precursor. Maybe I'll just wait until precursor crafing... it this ever happens. :]
    On the other side, there are not many legendaries I like / can use. Incinerator is looking cool and at least my ele, thief and necro could use it.
    I also like using my staff, but I'm not really a fan of the bifrost. Kudzu is great, but the only character who could equip it would be my warrior.
    Bolt is ok, too, but if I ever go for an legendary it should be something my ele can use.

Also I'm not very much into collecting minis, which is kind of strange since I love collecting pets in WoW/Rift.

Maybe I should set me a new personal goal... something like reach 1000 Gold or so. ^^

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have about 40 gold, but I have never played the game seriously. I imagine I'd have at least 10x that much just from playing regularly. My biggest burst was getting an SAB skin drop that I sold for around 20g at the time. I like to pamper alts, which means I blow money crafting and getting them nifty things. It's been my weakness that has kept me poor in just about all MMOs ever.
    BAD WOLF

Let's see I have 35g but if I sell my precursor and my rainbow and my gems i'll have around 1500g.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

22g.Most I've ever had was 70g.I have absolutely no idea how to make gold in this game, other than trading in excess gems for dosh.

Deleted
    ^ At one point you may get the hang of it. I can pick up a minimum of 5g daily from the tp, even if I skipped a day of playing.

I don't have much 'cash' now, since I'm putting every penny in my bifrost I'm working on. I bought the Legend last week so now I'm broke :'D I'm very close to finishing it though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have around 500g and maybe another 1200g in mats, skins and Silver Doubloons. (I went on a Silver Doubloon crafting spree recently, I may go for Juggernaught). Not counting all my other currencies though. Hundreds tied up in karma, skill points, guild commendations, laurels and such.
    Last edited by Karizee; 2014-07-18 at 11:00 PM.
    Valar morghulis

I never understand tradepost flipping and I don't think I ever will.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've got 17g after blowing my savings of 130g on exotics. Never again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I never understand tradepost flipping and I don't think I ever will.
    You buy in cheap, sell for more. All you have to remember though is that the tp has a listing fee.
    You can try http://tpcalc.com/ and you might see what I mean :3

Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    I've got 17g after blowing my savings of 130g on exotics. Never again.
    I think it's more entertaining to gather the mats yourself for exotics. I don't think it's that hard either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helryx View Post
    22g.Most I've ever had was 70g.I have absolutely no idea how to make gold in this game, other than trading in excess gems for dosh.
    I have over 2600 gold. A guildy of mine has over 10000. Some guy I know farmed at launch and got about 1000 gold within 2 months from launch.

I won't say how they did it except by flipping the TP, but my method was making a legendary over time, and selling it at a time where i can earn itself some huge profit. I think my Howler yielded me about 1k profit cause I had a lot of the farming on by last year and finally decided "meh, lets fucking make it and get rich". Who knows, probably even larger than 1k.

I highly doubt that you got all the mats including the precursor together for <500g.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I think it's more entertaining to gather the mats yourself for exotics. I don't think it's that hard either.
    Since I posted that, I went out and explored the world (gasp! what a novel concept!) and I'm back up to 85g now. Managed to make my own exotic jewelries, only having to buy a few ruby crystals to fill in the gap.

Now I need to decide if I want to start planning and saving mats for ascended (haven't looked up a guide to see how it's done).

10+ Year Old Account
    127g just by selling all prof mats I farm when I'm bored (this is like the only MMO I don't do dungeons in, not a fan of them, I just go on random adventures as I see fit) and not playing other MMOs. I had more than double that last year and could have more if I played more but don't see the point unless I want to farm, level a prof, and sell a legendary.

15 black lion keys didn't yield anything lucrative unfortunately.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Yeah I bought that pack with the 15 black lion keys. Got pretty much nothing. One mini worth 8g was the biggest item.

Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    Since I posted that, I went out and explored the world (gasp! what a novel concept!) and I'm back up to 85g now. Managed to make my own exotic jewelries, only having to buy a few ruby crystals to fill in the gap.

Now I need to decide if I want to start planning and saving mats for ascended (haven't looked up a guide to see how it's done).
    Get your required crafts to 500 first, then decide if you wanna climb to the next peak. If you can't make that first climb, you're not gonna make the second, IMO.

I've got several hundred gold worth of t6 mats now. Still not enough to even begin to craft Twilight.

but I've had up to 140g. Then I bought 100 onyx lodestones. I'm just now getting back to 100g.

Someone should toss a Dusk my way

I have/had 2 legendaries worth of gold, mostly by using my credit card smartly, as intended.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Get your required crafts to 500 first, then decide if you wanna climb to the next peak. If you can't make that first climb, you're not gonna make the second, IMO.
    Thanks, that is really helpful. I'll start collecting top tier mats and get to 500 on my own before deciding on ascendeds. I haven't even decided which character I want ascended on anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    I highly doubt that you got all the mats including the precursor together for <500g.
    Not sure if you're talking to me but I sold my Howler for 2900g. I bought the Howl for 480g and I had the 2 gifts done last year. At the time, the t6 mats costed about 20-26s each. A lot of the mats I farmed myself and used Laurels. Similar to the glob.

2 months ago, I finished the gift of legendary for about 50-100g.

I forgot exactly where I got my posting money but I remember selling about 50 charged lodestones (got about 140g from that whole shindig)...

Again, all of this ended up possibly yielding me a about 1k+ gold...