Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

The Pet Battle Hate Thread

No not that kind of hate of pet battles. I made this thread hopefully as a means for people to air out their grievances against something it pet battles you hate. Maybe its a certain comp, maybe its a certain pet, just air out your grievances and hopefully the pet battle community can offer advice and help for each other.

Ill go first. To the person that runs double sunflower and crawdad....I hate you with a firey passion.

If you run more than 1 death adder you are the worst person as well
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Deleted
    You cant expect to like every combo surely?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Numerical View Post
    You cant expect to like every combo surely?
    most are managable and even if I lose I dont mind the loss. Some comps are just scummyer than others.
    14/14h and finally done

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redpanda View Post
    most are managable and even if I lose I dont mind the loss. Some comps are just scummyer than others.
    3x Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling rotating Thunderbolt and Decoy.
    I have not seen a comp this scummy since 3x Scalded Basilisk Hatchling (Crystal Prison - Feign Death rotation)

Murkalot is just borderline broken, 2 powerful and cheap abilities, they need to reduce his speed and or power to compensate for the power he brings to a team

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the0o View Post
    3x Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling rotating Thunderbolt and Decoy.
    I have not seen a comp this scummy since 3x Scalded Basilisk Hatchling (Crystal Prison - Feign Death rotation)

Murkalot is just borderline broken, 2 powerful and cheap abilities, they need to reduce his speed and or power to compensate for the power he brings to a team
    wow thats ridiculously scummy. Murkalot isnt that bad if youre talking about the power boost, you can plan around that and have a defensive up for it.
    14/14h and finally done

Most of the comps I'm seeing in here are double or triple overtuned pets such as the Death Adder Hatchling; I'm thinking in a future patch we might see a clause where you can't have more than one of the same pet in battle. I don't know if I necessarily agree with it being that severe, but I agree with you guys -- losing to a double Death Adder team is pretty infuriating.

murkalot + blackfuse bombling is pure rng, sure i can try dodge early, but if he delays his turn i dodge he can simply use it after and take 70% of all my pets hp.

if i delay dodge and he swaps the bombling now has like 480 speed and no pet i have will be fast enough anyway.

the double sunflower+ crawdad i actually ran into myself, luckily i solo'd his entire team with 1 pet, Bonkers, the sunlight +humanoid passive healed him for tons, and i just predicted his solar beams and used dodge, took about 65 rounds of spamming jab and tornado punch but i got him in the end.

the funniest cheese team i ran into was probably chrominus*3, obviously just tries to howl and surge of power down your pets 1 after another, it was really sad because everytime i just dodge as surge comes, and bonkers strong vs dragon beat all 3 while still at 100% health, he coulda killed another 10 chrominus at least

I've gone 72-3-2 over the last few days with Blighthawk / Jademist / Adder. Beat every single double adder team I encountered, and every crawdad. Np.

As for what beat me, I lost once to terrible turnip tidal wave / direhorn with shield which is pretty much a hard counter, once to a xu-fu team which got a couple lucky crits, and once to a well played valk / direhorn with shield team.
    Last edited by Libretto; 2014-03-10 at 11:51 PM.

retired, another victim of warlords of draenor

Quote Originally Posted by citrique View Post
    I've gone 72-3-2 over the last few days with Blighthawk / Jademist / Adder. Beat every single double adder team I encountered, and every crawdad. Np.

As for what beat me, I lost once to terrible turnip tidal wave / direhorn with shield which is pretty much a hard counter, once to a xu-fu team which got a couple lucky crits, and once to a well played valk / direhorn with shield team.
    The CloneDance Adder team is one of the best in the meta right now. Impressive record. (The only thing that sucks is running into a mirror team, because that's pretty boring.)

For the poster who mentioned the double Sunflower team; I've owned that team entirely with a Leopard Tree Frog (Tongue Lash/Healing Wave/Frog Kiss). Any frog should do the trick. You can use Water Jet if you want to bust them down quicker but Frog Kiss' haxiness is priceless because you get to troll the troll.

Quote Originally Posted by citrique View Post
    I usually try to play something fun. But if one of my fun teams gets beat down for a while I'll break out Blight / Jademist / Adder and roll some wins. TBH, the gameplay isn't very interesting and the wins aren't very satisfying. But sometimes you need a few wins to dust yourself off.

If it's a Valk heavy night, I'll play something with a leopard frog. I'm sure that pet results in lots of foreheads-against-desk.

Personally, the pet that gets to me is Chi-Chi. And not wild magic Chi-Chi. Quills-ethereal-tranq Chi-Chi. I know there are counters but I tend not to have them in the line-up when I meet it.

My complaint is when I have been fighting the trainer in Mount Hyjal. His first pet casts a decrease you hit by 50% for two rounds. He goes first and it technically lasts 3 attacks. Round 1 when he casts it and I attack, and two more rounds after. Not right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tarc70 View Post
    My complaint is when I have been fighting the trainer in Mount Hyjal. His first pet casts a decrease you hit by 50% for two rounds. He goes first and it technically lasts 3 attacks. Round 1 when he casts it and I attack, and two more rounds after. Not right.
    his speed is faster than yours . yeah S/S is pretty annoying. Ill be the first to admit I love those pets. I run s/s lil bling, s/s crow, s/s death adder. Im not proud of that comp....
    14/14h and finally done

Deleted
    One hate that has persisted through levelling numerous pets in VotFW: Those damn 5-turn poison debuffs...

10+ Year Old Account
    his speed is faster than yours . yeah S/S is pretty annoying. Ill be the first to admit I love those pets. I run s/s lil bling, s/s crow, s/s death adder. Im not proud of that comp....
    Bull. Shit.

That is all.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

I get his speed is faster than mine, but it still lasts one round and a half. I am old school D-n-D we wouldn't allow that to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by robodin View Post
    One hate that has persisted through levelling numerous pets in VotFW: Those damn 5-turn poison debuffs...
    get an emperor crab, with 357 attack, he can kill infinite critters since shell shield basically takes away like 75% of their damage, heal will always bring you to max health because they can't deal enough damage, and claw will 2 shot them, if you mean for leveling a low level pet, anubisath idol or any pet with sandstorm, sandstorm swap in, swap out, emperor crab to slaughter them.

Ill go first. To the person that runs double sunflower and crawdad....I hate you with a firey passion.
    I like to run Sunflower / Crawdad / Ruby Droplet; do you hate me too?

Also, I hate when I go to PvP battle and see the same handful of pets over and over again (such as the Val'kyr, which is the whole reason I have my crawdad team in the first place)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calzaeth View Post
    Bull. Shit.

That is all.
    you cut me real deep. At least I dont run the whored out valk using Doom and Haunt. If I do run valk I do doom UA you know you something to change it up a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolder View Post
    I like to run Sunflower / Crawdad / Ruby Droplet; do you hate me too?

Also, I hate when I go to PvP battle and see the same handful of pets over and over again (such as the Val'kyr, which is the whole reason I have my crawdad team in the first place)
    thats not too bad but GD wish is a really strong heal, pair that up with a pet thats really tanky and it makes for a frustrating fight you damn near have to kill the pet 5 ish turns or its not gonna happen.
    14/14h and finally done

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    RNG is my pet hate.

Beating Xu-Fu 10 weeks in a row with either the Zepp / Yeti / Tonk" combo or the "Water spirit/ Chrominus" combo and then he annihilates them. Three cheers for having doubles of every pet and two Valks...

Not into pvp pet battles yet.....
    doubles is kinda cheesy but for pve pet battles its kind of necessary for efficiency. One of your enemies gets a lucky crit or you get a miss and my whole plan falls to shit
    14/14h and finally done

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    RNG is my pet hate.

Beating Xu-Fu 10 weeks in a row with either the Zepp / Yeti / Tonk" combo or the "Water spirit/ Chrominus" combo and then he annihilates them. Three cheers for having doubles of every pet and two Valks...

Not into pvp pet battles yet.....
    Xu-Fu = Yeti/Bunny/Broom.

Literally never fails. Never.