Quote Originally Posted by Forsworn Knight View Post
    I'm not answering you Infernix because if you couldn't by now then it isn't worth bothering to try and explain.
    That's a funny answer. You fail at reading a few posts and now don't want to give an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    You cannot put something as fundamental as flying in the game, and then remove it.

If there is no flying in WOD I would not be happy with that decision.
    Flying is so fundamental that WoW is completely unplayable without it. Right?

You cannot put something as fundamental as flying in the game, and then remove it.

Did you know that I actually expected you to defend Blizzard on this decision? I'm pretty pleasantly surprised, Pancaspe. Not that I'm implying that you are here to please me or anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Well it's good to see the keyboard activists in full effect. Doing the laziest, most asinine thing they could think of off the top of their heads and calling it justice while making no difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by C9H20
    Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Pearl View Post
    No one said you can't, we're just saying flying enhances exploration.
    for me exploring is finding different paths and secret passages, checking out caves and lakes, climbing up a mountain to see the view, etc. flying does nothing to enhance that. it just takes away a desire to do it and kills a sense of discovery.

sorry but 'exploring' on a flying mount is kinda lame imo.

Id be kinda pissed if they did that but its not like I'd unsub or anything. At max lvl I don't wanna kill 400 mobs just to get to a node or what ever im trying to do. Its one of my main gripes for SWTOR, they have packs of mobs 2 feet apart so unless you stay on roads(sometimes that doesn't even help) your going to be fighting a ton of shit even if you don't want to. Hell half the time your bonus kill missions are completed just trying to get to your mission point.

That's a funny answer. You fail at reading a few posts and now don't want to give an answer.
    Because it was already answered and yet he didn't bother to comprehend it.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyray View Post
    for me exploring is finding different paths and secret passages, checking out caves and lakes, climbing up a mountain to see the view, etc. flying does nothing to enhance that. it just takes away a desire to do it and kills a sense of discovery.

sorry but 'exploring' on a flying mount is kinda lame imo.
    Then don't use a flying mount when you're going to explore.

Then don't use a flying mount when you're going to explore.
    HOLY SHIT!

Someone got it.

We need a celebration.

Cake and cookies with fireworks streaking across the sky.

SOMEONE GOT IT.

Because it was already answered and yet he didn't bother to comprehend it.
    Then explain it to me! I'm begging for your wisdom!
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

SOMEONE GOT IT.
    I've said this a lot of times already -_-'

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Did you know that I actually expected you to defend Blizzard on this decision? I'm pretty pleasantly surprised, Pancaspe. Not that I'm implying that you are here to please me or anything.
    Me too, I had to read that twice myself to believe it lol..
    Looking to refund your Warlords of Draenor purchase? Contact Support chat directly - here.

I'm still not sure what I'm scared of, and he won't tell me. I think he's trolling me.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by Infernix View Post
    Then explain it to me! I'm begging for your wisdom!
    I said. You don't want to lose the comfort zone of flying. Is it that hard to get?

As have I, nobody is being forced to fly, yet there are those who would happily applaud others being forced to walk and it continues to confuse me.

I said. You don't want to lose the comfort zone of flying. Is it that hard to get?
    WHY SHOULD WE LOSE ANYTHING? Is it that hard to get?

I honestly don't know why they didn't go the route of MoP where you don't get flying till the cap. all this talk of "exploring" died the 3rd fucking time I had to roll through valley of the four winds. and I really have to wonder how many of these "no flying" guys actually bother to run around on ground mounts most of the time.

this whole things stinks of a small segment trying to push their gaming style on everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Infernix View Post
    I won't deny that the end of the Lich King would mean the end of the story for many players. I'm not sure that those players numbered in the millions, however.
    Maybe not. However, where 1 might have stepped off the train because the story ended - they might have had 2 or 3 friends that left shortly after because their friend left. Those 2 or 3 friends might not have quit because the story ended but because the friend that they played the game with quit.

As a side note, when I left EQ1 - I found out later that the guild basically disbanded because I wasn't the only one that got off the train. Several left after I did. I'd like to point out that there was absolutely no drama surrounding me leaving. We said goodbyes and on good terms. Heard some of them went to WoW too back in the day, which was no real surprise.

The point is, people quit for many reasons - it's not always due to some rage inducing thing.
    Last edited by Raeln; 2014-03-13 at 06:38 PM.

If this was true (which it probably isn't), I think it'd be nice to see all the entitled convenience babies leave the game. Will probably make for a better atmosphere and community.

Not to mention that no flying is awesome.
    Last edited by Coronius; 2014-03-13 at 06:42 PM.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

I don't bother with ganking. I just prefer the scope that is more easily conveyed when people are restricted to the ground. Flying also detaches players from the zones they level in - which is why few people really cared for the 80 - 85 zones aside from Vash'jir hate.
    The highlighted portion is personal opinion, not fact. As for people disliking Cataclysm, it was the feeling of being disjointed. In TBC, Wrath, and MoP, alll of the zones were together. In WoD, they will be again. In Cata, you HAD to quest in order to unlock portals into these zones and could not just move seamlessly from one to the other.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    but here is the kicker.

I can bet none of them quit the game with the reason, "Damn you blizzard for allowing us to fly."

For all the problems of Cata and MoP have - flying was not one of them.
    We don't know that. Flying was a real upset for PvP servers. I imagine that some quit (or claimed to) due to that back during TBC/Wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    As have I, nobody is being forced to fly, yet there are those who would happily applaud others being forced to walk and it continues to confuse me.
    Because people do a poor job at hiding their agendas.

There really isn't a pro for removing flying past level cap, besides for the sake of a vocal minority of (unskilled) PvP'ers as well as maximizing subscription time.

Kills immersion? Use a ground mount.

Same excuse as for those who roll on PvP servers.

Don't want to PvP? - DON'T ROLL ON ONE.

WANT THE WORLD OPENED UP? - DON'T USE A FLYING MOUNT.
    Last edited by Conscious; 2014-03-13 at 06:40 PM.
    Looking to refund your Warlords of Draenor purchase? Contact Support chat directly - here.