10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    Even the Anti flyers still fly. They can easily run but choose not too until they are forced too.
    Over 20000 posts and we're still now and then falling back to this argument that is as silly now as it was on page 1.

Players.
    Do.
    Not.
    Willingly.
    Gimp.
    Themselves.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    someone told me to stop making my statement
    Going back a few pages, Rym did not say that to you. Said you don't have to participate if you don't like the discussion. But either way my point stands, like/dislike is valid sub topic within the topic. And your nonsense about it being invalid...is nonsense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gamingmuscle View Post
    Going back a few pages, Rym did not say that to you. Said you don't have to participate if you don't like the discussion. But either way my point stands, like/dislike is valid sub topic within the topic. And your nonsense about it being invalid...is nonsense.
    You are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Over 20000 posts and we're still now and then falling back to this argument that is as silly now as it was on page 1.

Players.
    Do.
    Not.
    Willingly.
    Gimp.
    Themselves.
    I have no sympathy for people who chose what is easy over what they enjoy. =P

Deleted

Players.
    Do.
    Not.
    Willingly.
    Gimp.
    Themselves.
    No, the silly idea here is that players need to be gimped.

Do we talk about a computer game or about a torture camp?
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2014-10-03 at 04:02 PM.

Deleted
    I never said it was invalid at all. Ultimately pointless, yes, but not invalid within the topic being discussed. You're putting words into my mouth lol. I said that you're more than welcome to discuss like/dislike but when you attempt to stop someone talking about a topic that's relevant to the thread just to change the subject to a loaded question it's bad posting habits. I already know what kind of poster rym is though he's made that abundantly clear so I shouldn't expect anything less.

Never mind though if you want to be willingly ignorant that's your life.

I have no sympathy for people who chose what is easy over what they enjoy. =P
    What if they enjoy easy? (Which incidentally is many people, because you typically enjoy both easy and difficult in different parts of WoW.)

The distinction is strange.

10+ Year Old Account

Players.
    Do.
    Not.
    Willingly.
    Gimp.
    Themselves.
    I do. Come WoD I will earn less apexis crystals as other players. Why? Because I hate Assram and will not participate in it. If I don't like an aspect of the game enough, I will skip it even if it gimps me.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    What if they enjoy easy? (Which incidentally is many people, because you typically enjoy both easy and difficult in different parts of WoW.)

The distinction is strange.
    Then you are not choosing easy over what you enjoy. You are choosing what you enjoy and easy. =P

Players.
    Do.
    Not.
    Willingly.
    Gimp.
    Themselves.
    And your answer is as silly as it was the first 1000 times it was used.

Not flying, in the game as it exists now, does not "gimp" a character in any meaningful way, at all, period.

If by "gimping" you mean, maybe possibly missing out on a mine or herb node, then just say so, because that's about the only way I can see that a player on the ground is at a disadvantage to a player flying and ultimately that just translates to a poor way of making gold being made slightly worse. If that's the "gimping" you mean, acknowledge it.

Instead of just repeating that not flying somehow "gimps" you, do explain to us all how in a game where all power progression takes place in instanced content, how on earth you can "gimp" yourself at max level in open world content that doesn't have any current tier power progression rewards in an area where you can fly.

I never said it was invalid at all. Ultimately pointless, yes, but not invalid within the topic being discussed. You're putting words into my mouth lol. I said that you're more than welcome to discuss like/dislike but when you attempt to stop someone talking about a topic that's relevant to the thread just to change the subject to a loaded question it's bad posting habits. I already know what kind of poster rym is though he's made that abundantly clear so I shouldn't expect anything less.

Never mind though if you want to be willingly ignorant that's your life.
    Guy you put words into Rym's mouth and did say liking/disliking was invalid discussions for the topic. It's the post I initially replied to...you may have admitted that it was a valid sub topic somewhere else. So you either contradicted yourself, or realized/corrected your mistake. I don't really care anymore. This is off topic.
    Last edited by gamingmuscle; 2014-10-03 at 04:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I said that you're more than welcome to discuss like/dislike but when you attempt to stop someone talking about a topic that's relevant to the thread just to change the subject to a loaded question it's bad posting habits..
    That is exactly what you did:
    The thread was already disrupted ages ago when people felt it was necessary to change the discussion from Blizzard delaying flight to creating this stupid "pro-flight" and "anti-flight" circlejerk of the same small group of people who pretend that what they're saying matters.
    We didn't change the subject and our discussion was on topic, yet you told us to go to another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Nayaga View Post
    The discussion is about the "Possibly no flying throughout entire xpac.". That is the title of the thread, not just a discussion whether flight will be "delayed". It's about the possibility that there is no flight ever the entire expac.

Blizzard has said many times customers feedback is a part of what would determine if flight is introduced or not. According to Blizzard, it's not a done deal, hence the discussion and feedback.

Deleted
    Guy you put words into Rym's mouth and did say liking/disliking was invalid discussions for the topic. It's the post I initially replied to...you may have admitted that it was a valid sub topic somewhere else. So you either contradicted yourself, or realized your mistake. I don't really care anymore. This is off topic.
    You do care or else you wouldn't have replied. This is just a typical ultimatum response that falls under "no you're wrong I can't prove it but because I don't care it doesn't matter".

I don't need to prove anything to you anyway seeing as it's all there in plain text.

- - - Updated - - -

That is exactly what you did:

We didn't change the subject and our discussion was on topic, yet you told us to go to another thread.
    That's because there is another thread that discusses exactly that? I didn't tell you to stop did I? I said there was a place that discusses exactly the topic we're talking about. Christ talk about pedantry.

Somehow you're equating asking someone to stop with stating that there's a thread devoted to that very specific conversation. That's a very strange equation to make my friend.
    Last edited by mmoccad4d490dd; 2014-10-03 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hyphnos View Post

Not flying, in the game as it exists now, does not "gimp" a character in any meaningful way, at all, period.

If by "gimping" you mean, maybe possibly missing out on a mine or herb node, then just say so, because that's about the only way I can see that a player on the ground is at a disadvantage to a player flying and ultimately that just translates to a poor way of making gold being made slightly worse. If that's the "gimping" you mean, acknowledge it.

Instead of just repeating that not flying somehow "gimps" you, do explain to us all how in a game where all power progression takes place in instanced content, how on earth you can "gimp" yourself at max level in open world content that doesn't have any current tier power progression rewards in an area where you can fly.
    The only gimping is your will be at a disadvantage when "racing" other people to an objective...Node,mob,rare sparkly things,...whatever. I can see it being frustrating for rare things like sparklies or rare npcs, but everything else is fairly plentiful so I can't see it being much of a gimping thing =P

10+ Year Old Account
    That's because there is another thread that discusses exactly that? I didn't tell you to stop did I? I said there was a place that discusses exactly the topic we're talking about. Christ talk about pedantry.
    You are wrong.

You said this:
    This thread isn't about the like or dislike of flying. The thread title is clearly about the discussion of flying being removed for an undisclosed amount of time. Stop derailing the thread.
    You incorrectly stated the reason for the thread and then said we should to do a different thread.

So you're still willingly ignoring to choose the fact that you wanted to stop me discussing Blizzard's stance on flight because it didn't fit your binary "yes or no to flying" circlejerk. You do realise that you calling me a troll for discussing that is also akin to flaming? Talk about the pot calling the kettle black jesus christ.

In fact, there is an entirely separate thread on the same page as this one dedicated to discussing yes or no to flying in Draenor. Why aren't you discussing that there? Again, I ask you to stop derailing the thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by hyphnos View Post

Do I really need to explain how ground speed that also makes the world actually affect your route (terrain, mobs, other players.. you know, the game?) is gimping oneself?

About as valid as saying someone who doesn't want to mount in battlegrounds isn't performing worse.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Deleted
    You are wrong.

You said this:

You incorrectly stated the reason for the thread and then said we should to do a different thread.
    So you're telling me that the OP created this thread with the intention of spurning a like/dislike flying discussion? That that's what the thread is for?

Just because some point down the line people decided to take it that way doesn't make it so. All I've done was stuck to the original parameters of the thread title which WAS about flying being removed for an undisclosed amount of time and pointed out that for like/dislike flying there's a separate thread. I can't believe this is still being argued.

You do care or else you wouldn't have replied.
    Sigh...my statement indicated I had lost interest in our off topic side discussion. But since that wasn't clear I've spelled it out for you now.

This is just a typical ultimatum response that falls under "no you're wrong I can't prove it but because I don't care it doesn't matter".

I don't need to prove anything to you anyway seeing as it's all there in plain text.
    LOL. But I did show you....you tried to show me you were right and you failed when you quoted your discussion with Rym. But Ok, you win buddy. Feel free to get the last post, I won't reply again on this side discussion.

Players.
    Do.
    Not.
    Willingly.
    Gimp.
    Themselves.

I think it happens more than you would believe. Actually for the most part, if you are even IN an outdoor questing zone, you are usually gimping yourself to some degree... Because the "overwhelming majority" of things that bring power to your character are not found in them (although Bliz had shifted some of this and given at least SOME value to the open world in recent years).

That said, there are plenty of people who gimp themselves from time to time, because they do not view the game as competition. And there are more people like this than you would believe.

As a personal example, during Cata I was originally thinking of levelling a Druid through battlegrounds so I turned off the exp. Out of boredom one day I started Archaeology on that Druid... After a bit of it I wondered if I could get the Professor title while stuck at level 80 (max was 85). It was tough going in in Twilight Highlands and Uldum, but in the end I did it (and strangely enjoyed it). Is it a popular thing to do (something like this)? Nah, but I kind of doubt I am the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by pallyopness View Post
    Oh I am sorry, I didn't realize the minimal amount of beta players equalled the player base trying. You personally have been against flying since it was announced. You did not give it a chance. You had the same opinion as a kid trying new food. It looks funny I don't like it, then of course you don't like it. Its not rocket science. So don't give me this bullshit that you actually gave it a chance. Once again BETA is not LIVE. They want LIVE experiences NOT beta.
    Beta at this point is 99.5% of what live will be in 2 months. So if it sucks in Beta, it will suck live. I can't believe you would even make that argument as it is just a total fallacy.

Its not the same thing as trying non flying with new WoD content which you have not tried in that atmosphere of live. I don't like tomatoes but I love ketchup. Things are different under different circumstances.

Also you guys asked why they will put it back in 6.1? Because they know stubborn players like you exist that won't give anything different a chance. People handcuff Blizzard and then wonder why they aren't innovative. Seriously, look in the mirror at how this player base really is. It seems pretty clear to me.
    Yes it is the same thing. We've ALL done the ground only leveling thing and we all know exactly what being stuck on the ground is like gameplay wise. This is not news. We don't need to "try it again". Even if we did, thousands of people have now tried it again in Draenor. Guess what. Its EXACTLY the same as its always been. There have been NO innovations to the game that would make ground only play better. None. Zip. Nadda. Zilch.

So, yeah, being that we've all played this game for 10 years, we've played through 7 years of ground then flight, and we're being sold an expansion that is exactly the same thing again - I think we don't need to try it. We already know if we'll like it or not. For the majority of us, we don't. For those claiming to be anti-flight - we will welcome you to the pro-flight side 2 weeks after launch when you are bitching on the forums how much it sucks being on the ground.

- - - Updated - - -

Players.
    Do.
    Not.
    Willingly.
    Gimp.
    Themselves.
    It is not a silly argument at all. If flight is so game breaking for the anti's. Just don't fly. Don't let the option of a game experience you hate get in the way of your game experience. Just don't do it.

If
    flight
    was
    so
    game
    breaking
    people
    would
    not
    fly.

Look, I can be dramatic too.