Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teetster View Post
    For those claiming to be anti-flight - we will welcome you to the pro-flight side 2 weeks after launch when you are bitching on the forums how much it sucks being on the ground.
    Didn't you just say that beta is a fairly accurate representation of what live will be? You're kinda implying that people claiming to be anti-flight aren't in the beta. Surely people who are anti-flight who are in the beta won't join your side because they already know what it'll be like?

Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    Didn't you just say that beta is a fairly accurate representation of what live will be? You're kinda implying that people claiming to be anti-flight aren't in the beta. Surely people who are anti-flight who are in the beta won't join your side because they already know what it'll be like?
    No, I'm not implying that at all.

Look. I've read plenty of beta forum posts from people who have already said they want flight at max level. I'm sure some of them are anti's. I didn't take a formal poll.

Regardless, its already tiring on a lot of beta players. Just wait until the great uninformed mass of players rushes to hit 100 and then... wait what we can't fly? That's bullshit. It is going to be an epic shit storm. You thought Cataclysm was a shit storm? That was nothing. I would guess the vast majority of WoW players have no idea what they are about to lose.

Then we have the "wait and see crowd". Sure, ground only will be a novelty, then it will be something they can tolerate, then it will be screw this, I will sit in my garrison or city and queue because going out in the world is a pain in the ass. I predict within a month the majority of the wait and see crowd will want it back too.

Then there are the hard core antis that are so wrapped around their position that no matter how painful it becomes they will still claim its great. They will be forum warriors telling everyone who disagrees that they hope they quit and that they are Wrath/Cata/Panda babies and they "don't remember what it was like in Vanilla!". Well, screw those people. It is people like that that got us Cata dungeons, dailies in MoP, attunements and all sorts of other wreckage that's been left in WoW's wake.

I was in Vanilla. I remember, and while some parts of the game were cool, we put up with a lot of shit to get to the cool parts. Fucking running until level 40? Slow ground mounts until you saved up what was a lot of gold? Yeah that sucked. Oh you don't know the flight points between two spots? Sorry they aren't connected - better go run and find them - good luck!

If Vanilla was released today, it would bomb, because no one puts up with that garbage anymore. Gaming is different now. Blizzard is failing to realize that by releasing the NGE but for WoW. Its going to be an epic failure. Lets hope this new bigger WoW team is fast at rollbacks and patches because the first 6 months of WoD is going to be a roller coaster for them.

Beta at this point is 99.5% of what live will be in 2 months. So if it sucks in Beta, it will suck live. I can't believe you would even make that argument as it is just a total fallacy.

Yes it is the same thing. We've ALL done the ground only leveling thing and we all know exactly what being stuck on the ground is like gameplay wise. This is not news. We don't need to "try it again". Even if we did, thousands of people have now tried it again in Draenor. Guess what. Its EXACTLY the same as its always been. There have been NO innovations to the game that would make ground only play better. None. Zip. Nadda. Zilch.

So, yeah, being that we've all played this game for 10 years, we've played through 7 years of ground then flight, and we're being sold an expansion that is exactly the same thing again - I think we don't need to try it. We already know if we'll like it or not. For the majority of us, we don't. For those claiming to be anti-flight - we will welcome you to the pro-flight side 2 weeks after launch when you are bitching on the forums how much it sucks being on the ground.

- - - Updated - - -

It is not a silly argument at all. If flight is so game breaking for the anti's. Just don't fly. Don't let the option of a game experience you hate get in the way of your game experience. Just don't do it.

If
    flight
    was
    so
    game
    breaking
    people
    would
    not
    fly.

Look, I can be dramatic too.
    Tell us why flight should stay.

Deleted
    Ergh. Why is this thread still bloody open? It ceased being constructive over a month ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    It's in the thread. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    It's in the thread. :-)
    Thats the thing though. No one is gonna change anyones mind in the matter. No matter which side of the coin brings something up the other side will dispute it. There is nothing more to say as you just pointed out. Its already been said and layed out in 1000 different ways. There is nothing new to be brought to the table by any side. Just rehashed words which as pointed out before really doesn't matter to the opposite side whether its done millions of different ways.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you're telling me that the OP created this thread with the intention of spurning a like/dislike flying discussion? That that's what the thread is for?

Just because some point down the line people decided to take it that way doesn't make it so. All I've done was stuck to the original parameters of the thread title which WAS about flying being removed for an undisclosed amount of time and pointed out that for like/dislike flying there's a separate thread. I can't believe this is still being argued.
    This discussion is about "Possibly no flying throughout entire xpac.". That subject with out question includes discussion on whether we like or dislike flying. There is NOTHING in the title that says "flight being removed for an undisclosed amount of time". Learn to read.
    Last edited by Nayaga; 2014-10-03 at 05:39 PM.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post29822871

Video was well made.

30 minutesish to do dailies, man they're really slowing us down.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nayaga View Post
    This discussion is about "Possibly no flying throughout entire xpac.". That subject will out question includes discussion on whether we like or dislike flying. There is NOTHING in the title that says "flight being removed for an undisclosed amount of time". Learn to read.
    "Possibly no flying throughout entire xpac." and "flight being removed for an undisclosed amount of time" are synonymous.

Both wordings cover:

1. The removal of flight.
    2. The ambiguity of it's return.

So yes, there is something in the title that says that because they're almost identical. It's pretty dishonest to say otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Possibly no flying throughout entire xpac." and "flight being removed for an undisclosed amount of time" are synonymous.
    no they are not the same, get a clue

The title says maybe no flight ever. You say it about being "delayed" which is not the same.

Flight might be never introduced to WoD, that is not a delay. This is what Blizzard has told us repeatedly.

You waste everyone's time trying to derail this thread.

Deleted
    no they are not the same, get a clue

The title says maybe no flight ever. You say it about being "delayed" which is not the same.

Flight might be never introduced to WoD, that is not a delay. This is what Blizzard has told us repeatedly.

For all intents and purposes, until we get a definite 100% answer on whether or not it will return, it's delayed. There's no going around that. It doesn't matter how deep you delve into semantics and pedantry.

If you're 100% certain it'll be removed but not 100% certain it'll be added back, it's delayed. What you are doing is creating an argument from uncertainty. You are basically saying "I don't know for sure but I'll say it might not be back forever". I think the only time I'm wasting is yours because you seem adamant to respond, but then again your responses are purely out of your desire to do it. Maybe you're wasting your own time?

Until you know absolutely for certain, because we've gone from flight to no flight and not had a definite end point answer, it's delayed.
    Last edited by mmoccad4d490dd; 2014-10-03 at 05:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The same reason why...
    Gear should stay in the game
    Pvp Should stay in the game
    Dungeons/raids/legacy raids should stay in the game
    Quests should stay in the game
    Mages (or any other class) should stay in the game
    Battlegrounds should stay in the game
    Professions should stay in the game
    Leveling should stay in the game
    Auction should should stay in the game
    xmog should stay in the game
    Outland or any other continent should stay in the game
    ect.

Because all of those are or have been a core part of the game for many years. Remove one of those and ask ... Tell us why X should stay?

If
    flight
    was
    so
    game
    breaking
    people
    would
    not
    fly.

Look, I can be dramatic too.
    That's not true. A player will always take the fastest route to progress with no regard to whether or not they agree with a game design issue. The accurate version of that statement would be, "If flight was so game breaking people would not play." Of course, it's not game breaking, and neither is non-flight.
    One Sweet Dream

Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    Because all of those are or have been a core part of the game for many years. Remove one of those and ask ... Tell us why X should stay?
    Oh my gawd I have never seen a more cop out answer in the entirety of this thread. I can't even lmfao.

"tell us why"

"BECAUSE I DON'T ACTUALLY HAVE A REASON! IT EXISTS ISN'T THAT ENOUGH REASON?"

Deleted

I should also slide in that Blizzard have told us this.

This news is later than the OPs video, so it's more up to date and more accurate on the direction they're taking.
    Last edited by mmoccad4d490dd; 2014-10-03 at 06:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    For all intents and purposes, until we get a definite 100% answer on whether or not it will return, it's delayed. There's no going around that. It doesn't matter how deep you delve into semantics and pedantry.

If you're 100% certain it'll be removed but not 100% certain it'll be added back, it's delayed. What you are doing is creating an argument from uncertainty. You are basically saying "I don't know for sure but I'll say it might not be back forever". I think the only time I'm wasting is yours because you seem adamant to respond, but then again your responses are purely out of your desire to do it. Maybe you're wasting your own time?

Until you know absolutely for certain, because we've gone from flight to no flight and not had a definite end point answer, it's delayed.
    de·lay
    dəˈlā/
    verb
    past tense: delayed; past participle: delayed

make (someone or something) late or slow.
    "the train was delayed"

That means flight will return, but will be late or slow in coming.

This threads title is about flight NOT coming to WoD.

- - - Updated - - -

I should also slide in that Blizzard have told us this.

This news is later than the OPs video, so it's more up to date and more accurate on the direction they're taking.
    Bashiok is a CM, not the lead game designer.

Flight might be delayed until 6.1 or later. It also might not ever be introduced to WoD based on Alex and Tom Chilton.

No flight ever is not flight "delayed", it's "removed". Just like reforging, it has been removed, not delayed. That is what is at stake here and why it is valid for us to offer our opinions of like or dislike for flight in this thread, even though you tell us to go to a different thread.
    Last edited by Nayaga; 2014-10-03 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post29822871

Video was well made.

30 minutesish to do dailies, man they're really slowing us down.
    ...Compared to MOP's flying to different points that took most people a good 2 hours to complete?

I could do them in 45 minutes at best, and I know I'm far faster than most. Majority of people were complaining these dailies took 2hours+.

Thankyou for proving that blizzard is designing content with no flying in mind, laying that argument to rest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    de·lay
    dəˈlā/
    verb
    past tense: delayed; past participle: delayed

make (someone or something) late or slow.
    "the train was delayed"

That means flight will return, but will be late or slow in coming.

This threads title is about flight NOT coming to WoD.
    It talks about the ambiguity in it returning or not. The key is in the word POSSIBLY. Unless you can 100% tell me it's not returning then current news we have points to it being delayed. Keep up with the times.

Bashiok is a CM, not the lead game designer.

Flight might be delayed until 6.1 or later. It also might not ever be introduced to WoD based on Alex and Tom Chilton.
    So fuck if Bashiok is a CM? He knows more about the current and future state of WoW than you do. I'd take his word over yours.

I am coming to the conclusion that WoD is the start of WoW2. The huge revamp and changes in playstyle and paystyle, the direct removal and discontinuation of popular MoP features and the ability to buypass the old WoW.

I am increasingly becoming more and more resigned to the fact that we are in a new phase of WoW, and no amount of player feedback, sub losses or general unrest will change this issue.

I do think it is a huge detractor from the game going forward though. The ability to use flying as an extra level of content once a player reaches max level (or any other barrier) has been done, successfully, in the past. My main gripe with this change is the lack of any sort of initiative, imagination or resolve to do something with it now.
    "These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "

Because a game with flight undeniably offers more game play options than a game without.

Only issue with this is is blizzard capable of delivering it without major overhaul of the system or significant delay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps