Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    I see none of that in the OP nor do I see that in the thread title. What I do see is a separate thread that discusses the like and dislike of flying with almost 30 pages.
    You have personally shut down multiple threads of mine by derailing the conversation and turning it into a flame war.

MMO-Champion has stated this particular thread is where *WE* as a community discuss all thing relating to Flying/no Flying. That includes liking and disliking the proposed changes to travel.

You know this. You see the mods close my threads and direct everyone here.

This is the all things flying thread.

Including your desire to argue whether or not we can argue in a thread that is designed to argue about flight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    You have personally shut down multiple threads of mine by derailing the conversation and turning it into a flame war.

MMO-Champion has stated this particular thread is where *WE* as a community discuss all thing relating to Flying/no Flying. That includes liking and disliking the proposed changes to travel.

Including your desire to argue whether or not we can argue in a thread that is designed to argue about flight.
    I thought you ignored me a while back? Not so good to sticking to your guns are you?

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Not quite pointless really.

As while the content is current then no flying has a purpose. When new zones are out with the latest content then the older content is no longer relevant so flying would be more useful there and the new content would have no flying (like how timeless isle isle of giants thunder etc all have no flying).
    Absolutely pointless since current content at max level without flying gains squat. No better playgame, no better inmersion, no better enjoyment, and beta have shown that no flying is pointless boring and dumb.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see none of that in the OP nor do I see that in the thread title. What I do see is a separate thread that discusses the like and dislike of flying with almost 30 pages.
    You are either brain dead or unable to admit when you are wrong.
    Whether we like flying or not determines if there is the "Possibly no flying throughout entire xpac.". Our like or dislike of flying is key to the discussion.

It's been A month and a half that this thread has been up for. Something's telling me that it's not getting merged any time soon.

The point is that earlier when I was discussing Blizzard's stance on flying I was told to stop by someone because apparently it was derailing and then immediately asked if I liked flying or not. Some people genuinely believe that this thread's sole purpose is to discuss your like or dislike of flying.
    Yeah narrowing it down to like/dislike isn't helpful. The thread you linked with the poll pretty much narrows down those views more effectively than this thread does though. TBH, if I were a new poster to the issue, for any reason, I would see the thread with 1k posts in it and assume that is the default thread.
    "These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "

All I said is that they discussed it, and if I did have bias towards the topic I could easily twist those words around and say that their discussion of it returning in 6.1 will mean that'll happen. I do not hold the belief that him saying he discussed it automatically means it will return. I'm merely saying that if bias is applied to what Chilton said as a whole it is very easy to swing one way or another.

So yes, I have seen Chilton's video and you've failed to actually show where I lack credibility. All I've seen you do is interpret the nature of Chilton's discussion in your own manner of agenda to fit your narrative. And you say I lack credibility? We've both done exactly the same thing!
    Lol! You twist and tap-dance pretty good. Which Blizz dept do you work for again?

10+ Year Old Account
    duplicate post - deleted

I thought you ignored me a while back? Not so good to sticking to your guns are you?
    You do not argue your principles. You mostly badger and insult people whose opinions differ from yours.

I could be totally wrong about everything i am stating about no flying. i can admit that. Can you admit you maybe wrong about everything you have said?

Probably not.... Go on though. Call people liars or do whatever else you do. It only shows your arguments have no weight.

In political campaigns, if your platform is not a winner, attack the opposing candidate. That is what you are doing.

You do not discuss the merits of your stance. You attack those who stand against you.

As i have always said, you are free to run now. Why wait to play the gme how you want to?

I repeat

YOU

CAN

RUN

RIGHT

NOW

Say it with me....
    Last edited by Barkloud; 2014-10-03 at 08:18 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nayaga View Post
    You are either brain dead or unable to admit when you are wrong.
    Whether we like flying or not determines if there is the "Possibly no flying throughout entire xpac.". Our like or dislike of flying is key to the discussion.
    What am I wrong about? Am I wrong that there's a thread that talks about your yes or no stance on flying? Am I wrong that the OP and thread title makes no mention about yes or no flying? Please tell me what I'm wrong about here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aberzombie View Post
    Lol! You twist and tap-dance pretty good. Which Blizz dept do you work for again?
    Since when did saying that interpreting Chilton's statement to mean one thing or another suddenly lead you to the conclusion that I'm in favour of Blizzard? Both me and you are saying the exact thing. It's an easy statement to interpret towards a specific bias.

Some people genuinely believe that this thread's sole purpose is to discuss your like or dislike of flying.
    Like vs dislike of the feature may be the largest single part of the discussion. Look back almost anywhere in any thread on the topic -- here on on the WoW forums (general or beta/ptr) -- and you will find the subjective angles the ones most frequently and most hotly discussed. The objective points made are fewer and very frequently buried under emotionally chaged slop about "like vs dislike" and the why's involved. Don't know what your problem with that is.

Deleted
    Probably not.... Go on though. Call people liars or do whatever else you do. It only shows your arguments have no weight.
    I only call them liars when they actually lie. So far you've been a really strong case for that. Just as you lied again when you said you ignored me lol.

Personally, I recommend you stop engaging him and just report him. Let the mods read his b.s. and do their thing. Problem solved.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aberzombie View Post
    Like vs dislike of the feature may be the largest single part of the discussion. Look back almost anywhere in any thread on the topic -- here on on the WoW forums (general or beta/ptr) -- and you will find the subjective angles the ones most frequently and most hotly discussed. The objective points made are fewer and very frequently buried under emotionally chaged slop about "like vs dislike" and the why's involved. Don't know what your problem with that is.
    My problem with that is that earlier when I was discussing my thoughts on Blizzard's stance on flying I was told that it was derailing the thread with a topic that is relevant to the thread and then immediately asked whether I like or dislike flying.

- - - Updated - - -

In political campaigns, if your platform is not a winner, attack the opposing candidate. That is what you are doing.

You do not discuss the merits of your stance. You attack those who stand against you.
    I've actually been very careful to preserve my stance, all I've done so far is called out bullshit when someone elses stance revolves around blatantly false pretenses and childish antics. If you're honestly paranoid enough to believe that I am the sole reason your threadspamming has been dealt with then I don't know whether to feel honoured or weirded out. If you have a personal issue with me then take it to the PMs.

10+ Year Old Account
    What am I wrong about? Am I wrong that there's a thread that talks about your yes or no stance on flying? Am I wrong that the OP and thread title makes no mention about yes or no flying? Please tell me what I'm wrong about here.
    Remarkable, truly remarkable.

Quote Originally Posted by Teetster View Post
    I think you're exactly right and they have hinted as such in the discussion where they cancelled Titan. They came right out and said that they want to do smaller development efforts.

The thing I don't get is that why accelerate the decline? They could genuinely keep making people happy playing WoW for years if they would only listen to feedback. It is still a cash cow, at least at the sub numbers as they exist now.
    It is a bit baffling. Considering the increased prominence recently of flying mount for $ale and the increased WoW dev team, why restrict, remove, downgrade, and alter such a good revenue earner?
    My logical response to that is, flying is part of WoW1, which is WoW up until and including MoP. The marketing towards flying in those areas will remain, it will continue to use that carrot as an incentive.

But WoW2 hopes to do away with the need for mounts in all future content. They want to get people in 1 or 2 controlled areas that occupies there time, that they can tweak easily at a moments notice, get players through it, completed and out of there in a couple of hours a week, so those customers can play these other great games Blizz has that need daily attention too. All with readily available buyable power ups.

This theory would probably make more sense if they were selling direct access to WoW2, in a way where the player could avoid all of WoW1.....something like a level 90 boost or something.
    Last edited by CheeseSandwich; 2014-10-03 at 08:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Oh my gawd I have never seen a more cop out answer in the entirety of this thread. I can't even lmfao.

"tell us why"

"BECAUSE I DON'T ACTUALLY HAVE A REASON! IT EXISTS ISN'T THAT ENOUGH REASON?"
    Sounds like your problem. Traveling is a large part of the game; flying is how we been traveling for years. But it seems you need more
    -Exploring the world from another point of view
    -Freedom!!!
    -Convenience; because seriously haven't we all spent enough time playing a ten year old game?
    -Fun (probably the most important of all)

Once again you don't have to use flying mounts. You can use portals or Flight paths, or stay grounded.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    No shit? Did you not get the memo?
    I did, but 100's of post in this thread kept saying it wouldn't happen.

@zEmini

Exploration at the cost of gameplay
    Games are built on limitations you have as a player. I believe Extra Credits did a good video on this concept?
    Convenience - You can get portals to the 3 zones you require along with the ability to portal other players. Seems like WoD has more convenience without breaking gameplay
    Fun - subjective.
    Last edited by Raiju; 2014-10-03 at 09:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Don't worry! Stables building offers 20% more ground speed and you can't be dazed while mounted!

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Well to be honest, you could simplify all "pro-flying" arguments to 'safety" and so on. When I play a MMORPG I don't expect to be completely safe just because I finished a 1.5 mount cast. That's pretty much it, isn't it. There a lot of talk how removing flight is merely to slow us down, which I personally think is as worthless as saying that quests that requires 5 wins instead of 7 slows us down. You don't understand pacing and thats why you will never understand why Blizzard don't want us to fly over everything they create.

edit: too strong in choice of words and I apologize.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2014-10-04 at 09:32 AM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Well to be honest, you could simplify all "pro-flying" arguments to 'safety" and so on. When I play a MMORPG I don't expect to be completely safe just because I finished a 1.5 mount cast. That's pretty much it, isn't it. There a lot of talk how removing flight is merely to slow us down, which I personally think is as worthless as saying that quests that requires 5 wins instead of 7 slows us down. You dumb fucks don't understand pacing and thats why you will never understand why Blizzard don't want us to fly over everything they create.
    I was enjoying your argument until I got to dumb fucks.

And if that was the goal, I agree! Anything that potentially removes danger from the world should be removed, and if flight is a victim, so should all porting to dungeons, summons, teleports, all LF/PvP queues and flight paths. Why, the world would be so populated then!!