Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Silver View Post
    Well, people are taking this seriously I see.

I will put it this way. While this might improve the game quite a bit and cut development cost if flying isn't possible in new zones (and thus no need to develop complex backgrounds if you can't see behind them) I bet the game would lose quite a bit of players from Wrath & Cata. I just don't see those people sticking around after such a big game. Those casual players... they'll either find something else to play or just stop gaming.

It might make things easier in the beginning and make the deep deep Traditional core happy, I wonder if the game would survive on just the Traditional crowd and the loss of the Casual's $15 a month. Perhaps the Blizz store is covering that potential loss, but I do truly wonder.
    There are so many good games coming out this year. I would be surprised if WoW had 6 million subs by the end of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Hikikomori View Post
    Why you mad bro? Flying is not that big of deal, and I for one won't miss it all that much. Knowing blizz they'll cave as soon as the Q _ Q'ers cry loud enough. So clam them tits. Stressin over a video game.
    Ah, "u mad". How witty. Thanks for your solid input to the thread. You will be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Awbee View Post
    I said there are no good reasons to not have flying in Draenor at all. You give me a list of Blizzard's reasons for no flying till 6.1. Absolutely not the same thing.
    reasons have been given numerous times in this thread, they just involve aspects of the game you don't care about. ok, but we do.

Quote Originally Posted by Awbee View Post
    So it is you telling others how they should play the game. I enjoy sitting on a mountaintop, relaxing and enjoying the view, and for some reason this bothers you and you want me down on the ground. Excuse me if I have a problem with that.
    play the game as you want, but:

'This is not a solo game and it is crucial that every player is on equal ground.' - this is the important part you ignored. you can't just tell us 'if you don't like flying then don't use it'. this should be so obvious that if you don't understand it then there's nothing i can say here.

10+ Year Old Account
    The second most shittiest city in America Boston, Ma
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I couldn't give a shit if Blizzard misses me or not.
    Well then, why did you write the post? Do care, and should voice your opinion and let blizzard know who you feel. I think your being silly. It's just flying and given Blizzard's track record on decisions like these, yeah you'll be able to fly in WoD sooner rather than later.

This is funny stuff, reading all the Q _Q.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Probably. I don't PvP and my professions are maxed, and I really have no interest in pursuing them further if I have to dodge mobs every few seconds and mountain climb. I have a job. I have a life. I have better things to do that fight my way though trash to get some ore.

- - - Updated - - -

So? There are a dozen threads a week on how every server should be PvP. Does player QQ automatically make something a good idea?
    Nope and we are on the same side. I just pointed out to him that "our" side doesn't bitch more than "their" side. The only reason they seem more joyful than usual is because they are getting their way. Until now it was a constant bitchfest of how flying ruined their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    most requested feature next to dual spec.
    nope, nothing of the sort. i was around so don't even try.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    1) And I'm sure you never fly now. Wait, you do? Then you're a fucking hypocrite. You can ride, hell you can WALK almost everywhere in WoW *today*. Unless you do, you're just mouthing off here.
    why cripple yourself if you don't have too? if the option is there why not take it? the faster the better?
    So forcely grounding people is a good thing because otherwise noone would

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Quote Originally Posted by joeyray View Post
    reasons have been given numerous times in this thread, they just involve aspects of the game you don't care about. ok, but we do.

'This is not a solo game and it is crucial that every player is on equal ground.' - this is the important part you ignored. you can't just tell us 'if you don't like flying then don't use it'. this should be so obvious that if you don't understand it then there's nothing i can say here.
    How precisely is it 'CRUCIAL' that every player be on the ground? Blizz has designed plenty of content with flying in mind before when the game was at it's height. I would seriously love to know where all this ground bound socialization people are going on about was back in vanilla, because I sure as heck didn't see any more of it going on then than I do now.
    We have felled demon commanders, cowed the master of death, conquered Old Gods, and stopped the Aspect of Death from destroying the very planet. Now, we need to kill this dude who managed to enslave pudding eating panda's, slobbering sauroks, and hilariously inept hozen. Awesome. Really epic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is it crucial tho? Explain to me why every player needs to be on the ground? (Hint: Don't say PvP because it invalidates your arguments) - And flying mounts don't change this game into a solo game, you have LFD/LFR to thank for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    why cripple yourself if you don't have too? if the option is there why not take it? the faster the better?
    Explain why people need to be forcibly grounded?
    Last edited by Conscious; 2014-03-13 at 09:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Blizz gave a damn about people being "on equal ground" they'd put more effort into balancing classes.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Why "cripple" yourself? Because they want immersion. Why aren't they seeking it out right now? Do you need your hand held by Blizzard? So quick to bow down to Blizzard's silly demands.

Love it and i hope it sticks.

Quote Originally Posted by KWC3587 View Post
    How precisely is it 'CRUCIAL' that every player be on the ground?
    'on equal ground'. understand what you read please.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baikalsan View Post
    So the constant whining the last 2-3 years to remove flying mounts was all in my head? I could have sworn since cataclysm every day a thread popped up on how bad flying was and that it must be removed.
    Frankly, yes. Before Blizzcon I didn't think anyone hated flying enough to limit it more in the game. I was blind sided. Completely surprised. Maybe it's a pvp thing? All I know is that I never thought I would be having to argue against having such a major feature of the game gimped more so than it has recently.

10+ Year Old Account
    So Blizzard sells all these flying mounts for real money and the majority of the rare drop mounts,meta dungeon mounts and raid meta mounts are are all pretty much flying mounts and they think its an excellent idea to remove the ability to fly on a mount...would be one of the dumbest moves ever and I'm pretty sure they arent that idiotic.
    To the ones that think this would help game immersion:afk'ing on a flight plan is real immersive let me tell ya. And the ones that think this will promote world pvp: even after realm merges there are still a ton of realms that are insanely imbalanced population wise and with any hub there are always too many guards and you end up spending more time fighting npc's than players.
    Here come the Irish.

But the thing is I can't play the game as I want if flying is not happening on Draenor.

I use my ground mounts often enough, occasionally I ride around some areas of the world where I find ground riding very pleasant -- like riding from Howling Fjord all the way through Grizzly Hills and Dragonblight, there is a fantastic path there and it's just an amazing view you can take in while waiting for a queue. I can do that right now in the game. I don't need anybody else for that. Neither would you.

"Not a solo game" -- but what if some players like to play solo occasionally? Does it harm you? Why does have everybody have to be on the ground with you? I still don't get that. Besides the more important question why you would possibly assume that no flying would make people leave the cities. It will accomplish the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    Why is it crucial tho? Explain to me why every player needs to be on the ground? (Hint: Don't say PvP because it invalidates your arguments) - And flying mounts don't change this game into a solo game, you have LFD/LFR to thank for that.

Explain why people need to be forcibly grounded?
    so they can watch the beautiful world or just because blizzard says so

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Being ground bound does not in fact put one on equal ground with others. Please understand what you say.
    We have felled demon commanders, cowed the master of death, conquered Old Gods, and stopped the Aspect of Death from destroying the very planet. Now, we need to kill this dude who managed to enslave pudding eating panda's, slobbering sauroks, and hilariously inept hozen. Awesome. Really epic.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    If Blizz gave a damn about people being "on equal ground" they'd put more effort into balancing classes.

Genuinely lol'd about this. Shadow priest main here. Don't EVEN talk about equality to me at this point in the game.

We're all on equal ground, we all get to make the same choice. Great thing is that you can change the decision around almost whenever you feel like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    so they can watch the beautiful world or just because blizzard says so
    Neat, I can (and do) watch the beautiful world from my mount, all of the ones I've spent a lot of time collecting.

Explain to me why Blizzard hasn't said so before? They were the ones who implemented flying right? Or do you just not know what the fuck you're even talking about?