1. #2201
    Given that Blizz is shortening the leveling curve of 90-100 compared to what it was in MoP doesn't it seem highly likely most people will USE the queue system (PVE/PVP) to level faster than anyone trying to level on the ground?

    So all these people that want more people on the ground will have an empty sandbox no?

  2. #2202
    Brewmaster Awbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,332
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    I want to see people in zones running around again and doing things be they farming, fighting, questing, conversing, etc.

    Most people are not in the air, they're in the cities. By removing flying, you're not gonna get people from the cities into the world outside on the ground. You're only gonna get the people who were previously flying around in the world, into the cities as well (or quit).


    Quote Originally Posted by joeyray View Post
    blizzards reasons: http://www.wowhead.com/news=223780/n...enor-until-6-1

    i'm done here for now
    I said there are no good reasons to not have flying in Draenor at all. You give me a list of Blizzard's reasons for no flying till 6.1. Absolutely not the same thing.


    Quote Originally Posted by Fool View Post
    And no, "if you don't like it, don't use it" is not a valid solution. I can't be bothered to explain why, because like I said before, it won't change your mind. This is not a solo game and it is crucial that every player is on equal ground. Either everybody flies (or else you're at a huge disadvantage/it has 0 effect on the world and game dynamic) or noone does.

    So it is you telling others how they should play the game. I enjoy sitting on a mountaintop, relaxing and enjoying the view, and for some reason this bothers you and you want me down on the ground. Excuse me if I have a problem with that.

  3. #2203
    Pit Lord Dethh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    2,399
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    That's up for debate, a lot of people have invested a great deal of time and effort for mounts that they potentially won't be able to use at all. .
    That's not true. When WoD is released the flying mounts you have already bought can still be used in the same places you were able to use them before WoD, nothing has changed.

  4. #2204
    Quote Originally Posted by Awbee View Post
    Most people are not in the air, they're in the cities. By removing flying, you're not gonna get people from the cities into the world outside on the ground. You're only gonna get the people who were previously flying around in the world, into the cities as well (or quit).
    +1

    I personally like exploring the world but if Blizzard is going to turn it into a massive time sink I will just level through PVP battlegrounds.

  5. #2205
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethh View Post
    That's not true. When WoD is released the flying mounts you have already bought can still be used in the same places you were able to use them before WoD, nothing has changed.
    With the exception of course that none of those places will be relevant anymore. That would in fact be considered quite a big change.
    We have felled demon commanders, cowed the master of death, conquered Old Gods, and stopped the Aspect of Death from destroying the very planet. Now, we need to kill this dude who managed to enslave pudding eating panda's, slobbering sauroks, and hilariously inept hozen. Awesome. Really epic.

  6. #2206
    Legendary! Asmekiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Maybe over there
    Posts
    6,410
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethh View Post
    That's not true. When WoD is released the flying mounts you have already bought can still be used in the same places you were able to use them before WoD, nothing has changed.
    Not playing is indeed an option, but I think the people who buy the expansion want to play on the new continent.

  7. #2207
    The Insane smrund's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In the state of Denial.
    Posts
    15,498
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethh View Post
    That's not true. When WoD is released the flying mounts you have already bought can still be used in the same places you were able to use them before WoD, nothing has changed.
    Except NOBODY is going to be out in those areas except for folks who roll new toons that they don't boost to 90.

    Quote Originally Posted by KWC3587 View Post
    With the exception of course that none of those places will be relevant anymore.
    THIIIIIISSSSSS
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people.
    Sometimes life gives you lemons, other times life gives you boobies. Life is always better with more boobies.
    Blizzard removed my subscription from WoD's features, it'll be added sometime later.
    And thus I give you: MALE contraception!

  8. #2208
    Pit Lord Dethh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    2,399
    Quote Originally Posted by Awbee View Post
    I enjoy sitting on a mountaintop, relaxing and enjoying the view
    What did you do before we could fly in EK/Kalimdor?

  9. #2209
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethh View Post
    That's not true. When WoD is released the flying mounts you have already bought can still be used in the same places you were able to use them before WoD, nothing has changed.
    People are not dropping that much money on a new expansion to not able to use flying mount on relevant content. Guess who opened the Pandora's box by selling mounts for real life money? Guess who destroyed immersion with 90 boosts making the rest of WoW world dead?
    Last edited by Mafic; 2014-03-13 at 08:38 PM.

  10. #2210
    The Insane smrund's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In the state of Denial.
    Posts
    15,498
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethh View Post
    What did you do before we could fly in EK/Kalimdor?
    Probably sat around in the city, being bored and NOT enjoying the cool game world.

    Flying let me get out of the city, pick some random spot, and just enjoy the view while queuing or something. Remember those beach chairs on the floating rocks in Nagrand? Spent sooooooo much time there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people.
    Sometimes life gives you lemons, other times life gives you boobies. Life is always better with more boobies.
    Blizzard removed my subscription from WoD's features, it'll be added sometime later.
    And thus I give you: MALE contraception!

  11. #2211
    Pit Lord Dethh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    2,399
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    People are not dropping that much money on a new expansion to not able to use flying mount on irrelevant content. Guess who opened the Pandora's box by selling mounts for real life money? Guess who destroyed immersion with 90 boosts making the rest of WoW world dead?

    - - - Updated - - -



    People are not dropping that much money on a new expansion to not able to use flying mount on irrelevant content. Guess who opened the Pandora's box by selling mounts for real life money? Guess who destroyed immersion with 90 boosts making the rest of WoW world dead?
    It's like vegetables when you were a kid. Your parents tell you to eat them because they are good for you, however you think they are lying or just don't want to eat them because they taste different until you get used to them. Then you grow up and realize your parents were right and vegetables are good for you and they actually taste good.

  12. #2212
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethh View Post
    That's not true. When WoD is released the flying mounts you have already bought can still be used in the same places you were able to use them before WoD, nothing has changed.
    Except you aren't in those other areas.

    Let's say you bought a 300,000 dollar car, and you move to an area where that car is illegal. Would you be pissed that you can't drive it, or would you be okay with that rule because you can still drive it in other places that you're not currently at. See how that's dumb logic?

    You will spend almost ALL of your time in the new zones where you can't use half your mounts.

  13. #2213
    Legendary! Asmekiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Maybe over there
    Posts
    6,410
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethh View Post
    It's like vegetables when you were a kid. Your parents tell you to eat them because they are good for you, however you think they are lying or just don't want to eat them because they taste different until you get used to them. Then you grow up and realize your parents were right and vegetables are good for you and they actually taste good.
    So we should expand our world, try new things, try alternatives. I kinda agree.

  14. #2214
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethh View Post
    What did you do before we could fly in EK/Kalimdor?
    Mountain climbing in Dun Morogh to reach the airstrip.
    Looks like I will be flying in Draenor after all

  15. #2215
    Brewmaster Awbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,332
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethh View Post
    What did you do before we could fly in EK/Kalimdor?
    I explored it on foot, entirely, and I loved it. I also explored BC and Northrend on foot, and loved it. Then I explored BC and Northrend from the air, and I loved those continents even more! Then Cata came, and I flew everywhere in EK / Kalimdor, and I loved these continents even more!

    The general theme is: I really enjoy exploring a continent on foot, but after that, I want to see it from the air. It offers a new perspective that adds a tremendous amount of beauty to the game, for me.

  16. #2216
    Pit Lord Dethh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    2,399
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Probably sat around in the city, being bored and NOT enjoying the cool game world.

    Flying let me get out of the city, pick some random spot, and just enjoy the view while queuing or something. Remember those beach chairs on the floating rocks in Nagrand? Spent sooooooo much time there.
    So you will only leave the city if you can fly?

  17. #2217
    Quote Originally Posted by Awbee View Post
    I explored it on foot, entirely, and I loved it. I also explored BC and Northrend on foot, and loved it. Then I explored BC and Northrend from the air, and I loved those continents even more! Then Cata came, and I flew everywhere in EK / Kalimdor, and I loved these continents even more!

    The general theme is: I really enjoy exploring a continent on foot, but after that, I want to see it from the air. It offers a new perspective that adds a tremendous amount of beauty to the game, for me.
    Ditto

    /10chars
    Looks like I will be flying in Draenor after all

  18. #2218
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethh View Post
    What did you do before we could fly in EK/Kalimdor?
    When EK/Kalimdor didn't have flying I was mostly flying around Draenor and Northrend which did in fact allow flying. In vanilla wow assuming that's what you mean, I mostly sat in cities looking for dungeon groups in trade chat as there was no dungeon finder either. Ah the many hours I spent trying to be the first to whisper someone as a dps before the other 300 dps could beat me to it. Wasn't that so much more social than the dungeon finder?!?
    We have felled demon commanders, cowed the master of death, conquered Old Gods, and stopped the Aspect of Death from destroying the very planet. Now, we need to kill this dude who managed to enslave pudding eating panda's, slobbering sauroks, and hilariously inept hozen. Awesome. Really epic.

  19. #2219
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethh View Post
    It's like vegetables when you were a kid. Your parents tell you to eat them because they are good for you, however you think they are lying or just don't want to eat them because they taste different until you get used to them. Then you grow up and realize your parents were right and vegetables are good for you and they actually taste good.
    Bad analogy.

    That is like saying I should like NSYNC because it would be good for me.

  20. #2220
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Bad analogy.

    That is like saying I should like NSYNC because it would be good for me.
    Bleargh, I don't even like the thought of NSYNC being good for me even in the context of a bad example.
    We have felled demon commanders, cowed the master of death, conquered Old Gods, and stopped the Aspect of Death from destroying the very planet. Now, we need to kill this dude who managed to enslave pudding eating panda's, slobbering sauroks, and hilariously inept hozen. Awesome. Really epic.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •